Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Assistant Coaches

hoosierhawk

11 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

I am a little surprised there has not been more leaking of assistant coaching names this late in the process. Can we assume most are in place by now or will we have to salvage leftovers?

I wonder this as well and if there are any still under contract here?

19 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

I am a little surprised there has not been more leaking of assistant coaching names this late in the process. Can we assume most are in place by now or will we have to salvage leftovers?

3 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

Our old staff is gone or at least well picked over. May be one or two left that no one wanted.

plenty of time, and plenty of potential assistants available.  Nothing can be announced regardless until Sunday evening...

26 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

What top guys are still around besides our OC and DC?

25 minutes ago, csmopar said:

im guessing he means league wide.

No, I simply meant that our coordinators are still on staff, last I heard anyway.

All rumors they'll be gone, but they're still Colts, right?

I'm sure some are in place,  but I suspect more will still have to be found and hired.

That's why I posted a while ago that we may be hiring some new assistants a year from now when we can do our shopping at the beginning of January and not a month later in February.

That would not surprise me.     But the majority of hires should hold up.

I hope I'm wrong but fear I'm right.   

1 hour ago, Tracy Denton said:

I wonder if we keep Mathis as a pass rush coach.

He did it on his own and Pagano let him. No reason to believe McDaniels wouldn’t like a veteran leader like Mathis to stick around. 

51 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

Based on production, why keep him?

We didn’t do good in sacks, but Sheard was #2 (in the NFL or AFC, don’t know which) in pressures, which is darn good. 

2 hours ago, buccolts said:

No, I simply meant that our coordinators are still on staff, last I heard anyway.

All rumors they'll be gone, but they're still Colts, right?

I figured they, or at least Chud, was let out of his contract or essentially fired when it was rumored that the Bills were interested in him as an OC.

But yeah who knows, several of our assistants are still listed on Colts.com. Or I guess guys that haven't been hired elsewhere.

12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'm sure some are in place,  but I suspect more will still have to be found and hired.

That's why I posted a while ago that we may be hiring some new assistants a year from now when we can do our shopping at the beginning of January and not a month later in February.

That would not surprise me.     But the majority of hires should hold up.

I hope I'm wrong but fear I'm right.   

I hope we have to do our shopping next February, because I'm sure we'll be playing in the superbowl next year... lol

20 hours ago, MTC said:

I'm sure most of the coaching staff is in place, as we have heard leaks and soft confirmations on both the coordinators and DL coach. 

This.  We already know our coordinators and we got a line coach from Illinois. There are a lot of great coaches that are still available and I am sure agents have been contacted but not leaked yet