Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Besides Tom Brady, How Have Other Quarterbacks Fared Under Josh McDaniels?

Luck2Hilton4TD

33 minutes ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

I’m not worried about how well our offense will perform. I’m worried that he’s going to bring his visors with him to Indy. 

Best believe they'll be hot ticket items soon on the pro shop. That and hoodies haha

JM has been with New England a long time now.  In all fairness what he did with other QBs that long ago makes no difference to me. He helped win games with the Patriots with 4 different QBs during that time showing he can game plan for games not played by Brady.

I am not too worried about his game planning at all.

It's the other things that are the responsibilities of a head coach that worries me. Can he manage all the different coordinators? Can he be a leader of the players who need leadership? If the players don't buy into him it could get ugly.

Most all the comments I have read haven't addressed these issues. Everyone is zeroed in on what he brings to the offense from an OC's point of view and no attention has been given to other issues that the job of head coach evolves.

On 1/28/2018 at 1:57 PM, BOTT said:

I'm glad it's finally been pointed out the other factors that helped doom McDaniels in St Louis...the lockout, injuries, etc

I've seen most other people's opinion on McDaniels, but hadn't seen yours yet.  Was he your first choice after we canned Pagano?  Just curious.

4 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I've seen most other people's opinion on McDaniels, but hadn't seen yours yet.  Was he your first choice after we canned Pagano?  Just curious.

I was always torn between Nagy and McDaniels. I probably leaned a bit towards Nagy simply because he has a clean slate, but I think this hire has a chance to be a homerun. The trio of Ballard, McDaniels and Luck brings a lot of brainpower and has a chance to be special IMO.

What I like about the hire is that Ballard didn't just bring in who he has a history & McDaniels didn't just go to a team that had front office folks of some sort that he had a history with.  The 2 met & apparently hit it off.  McDaniels was supposed to be a guy who wanted control, but he is HC here & Ballard is GM.  When Tennessee fired Mularkey, every media expert said that was the #1 job & McDaniels would bolt the Colts for the Titans, but he quiclkly said no that's not happening.  Again, 2 guys hit it off & I believe will work well together.  Have patience people.  NE has run without superstars at RB or WR for years with great success.  Let these 2 gentlemen build us a winner, together.

20 hours ago, BOTT said:

I was always torn between Nagy and McDaniels. I probably leaned a bit towards Nagy simply because he has a clean slate, but I think this hire has a chance to be a homerun. The trio of Ballard, McDaniels and Luck brings a lot of brainpower and has a chance to be special IMO.

I feel the same way. I mean, I'm not holding my breath or anything, but still.  At the very least, I expect a better coaching job compared to the past 6 seasons.