Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

As a Colts fan, do you want McDaniels to do well in SB?

coltsfeva

8 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Well I can tell you don't know anything at all about NASCAR lol Jeff Gordon was one of the most popular and won more races then almost anybody in modern day racing. Btw Dale Jr NEVER won a championship.

Btw I'm like 90% sure Jeff Gordon has the most money from winnings not Jr

Also the reason I said Jimmy Johnson is cause he wins all the damn time like NE that's why he's hated like them

You must be talking Flash Gordon. Jeff was disliked everywhere in the South where NASCAR is king. He also was a guest in in Wrigley Field and was subsequently banned from their because the * called it Wrigley Park. Total fool. Winning races does not elevate him above DH Jr in popularity.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, King Colt said:

You must be talking Flash Gordon. Jeff was disliked everywhere in the South where NASCAR is king. He also was a guest in in Wrigley Field and was subsequently banned from their because the * called it Wrigley Park. Total fool. Winning races does not elevate him above DH Jr in popularity.

You may cut down Jeff Gordon all you care to but he helped put Nascar back on track when they were fading out of popularity. This nonsense of Dale Sr. and Jeff Gordon having hate aimed at each other was a big setup to bring fans back into Nascar. In reality they were great friends. They were sitting back laughing at the fans who fell for that nonsense. They even had businesses owned by each other.

Jeff Gordon was also responsible for the driver starting to get paid the money they make today. He started the driver getting paid by percentage and not a contract that under paid them.

As far as calling him a fool, Really?  Was he a fool when he set up Jimmy Johnson and is half owner on Johnson's cars?

As far as Dale Jr's  popularity it came from being Dale Sr, son, not from his talent as a racer.

On 1/26/2018 at 9:00 AM, coltsfeva said:

I wasn’t sure if this should be under NFL general or Colts football , since I have a qualifier of being a Colts fan.

But I’m going to be watching the NE offense with the knowledge that this offensive mind is coming to Indy. If he’s as smart as players say, he’ll make the most of what he has to work with.

As far as the outcome, I can’t stand either team. I guess I’ll feel good knowing one of the fan bases will be disappointed. I just hope we don’t see violence in Minneapolis that night, but I’m afraid there will be.

I hope New England loses and if they got shut out I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. 

As for all the excitement over McDaniels' offensive mind in Indy...well he didn't exactly ignite the offenses in Denver or St. Louis for that matter during his career away from Foxboro, Belichick and Brady.  So my expectations are very tempered in that respect as I perceive Josh McDaniels to be over rated as a head coaching candidate.   But by and large it was a pretty mediocre coaching pool this off-season.  At least Ballard got who he wanted...hope it all works out. 

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

You may cut down Jeff Gordon all you care to but he helped put Nascar back on track when they were fading out of popularity. This nonsense of Dale Sr. and Jeff Gordon having hate aimed at each other was a big setup to bring fans back into Nascar. In reality they were great friends. They were sitting back laughing at the fans who fell for that nonsense. They even had businesses owned by each other.

Jeff Gordon was also responsible for the driver starting to get paid the money they make today. He started the driver getting paid by percentage and not a contract that under paid them.

As far as calling him a fool, Really?  Was he a fool when he set up Jimmy Johnson and is half owner on Johnson's cars?

As far as Dale Jr's  popularity it came from being Dale Sr, son, not from his talent as a racer.

INDYCAR is absolutely the best form of racing in America.  Jeff Gordon was groomed to win Indy 500s not Daytona 500s, same goes for Tony Stewart and JJ.  Dale Jr. was groomed for the latter, which explains his inferior skills.

11 minutes ago, Clem-Dog said:

INDYCAR is absolutely the best form of racing in America.  Jeff Gordon was groomed to win Indy 500s not Daytona 500s, same goes for Tony Stewart and JJ.  Dale Jr. was groomed for the latter, which explains his inferior skills.

Jeff and Tony were some of the best sprint car drivers ever and were born to race NASCAR 

15 minutes ago, Clem-Dog said:

Well that's funny being Jeff Gordon won 3 Daytona 500's.

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Jeff and Tony were some of the best sprint car drivers ever and were born to race NASCAR 

Jeff initial goal was to use CART as a stepping stone for F1 and Tony drove in the IRL before going to NASCAR.  Needless to say they followed the money.  

"Many IndyCar Series and NASCAR drivers used sprint car racing as an intermediate stepping stone on their way to more high-profile divisions, including Indianapolis 500 winners A. J. Foyt, Mario Andretti, Johnny Rutherford, Parnelli Jones, Johnnie Parsons, Al Unser, Sr., and Al Unser, Jr., as well as NASCAR Sprint Cup champions Jeff Gordon and Tony Stewart."

Sprint car drivers who were groomed in the Midwest were not particularly geared toward NASCAR until the mid 90s, as CART began to covet highly skilled foreign drivers over Americans.  

Nick Foles wins in a 52-49 shootout, Belichick and Brady retire in shame, McDaniels comes to Indy, we go on to plague the league with 10,000 years of Lombardi’s on the biomechanical arm of Andrew “The Immortal” Luck before he finally decides to hang it up and pursue his real dream, Settlers of Catan world championship, because he’s just not that passionate about football as I’ve been told. 

On 1/27/2018 at 1:54 AM, Jules said:

I want Justin Timberlake to have a good halftime show. I like Justin. 

Oh and the game.......don't see the Pats losing this one right now. Or thats what my crystal ball says. The McDaniels thing still hasn't really sunk into my brain yet for some reason. Still feels odd to me haha.

I'm actually miffed that JT is doing the halftime show... Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it will be a great performance. However...

...not to be a soapbox guy, but Janet Jackson (an amazing performer in her own right) was banned from ever performing at an NFL event and had to publicly apologize for the "wardrobe malfunction" when it was clearly a choreographed event perpetrated by both parties (and others).

I didn't care about the incident... I thought Prince's performance the next year was at least 10 times as lewd. I just think that the response was extremely sexist. Why wasn't Timberlake publicly shamed and banned from performing? The t.v. network and NFL are showing their rear ends by letting Timberlake perform...

unless, of course, Janet makes a surprise appearance, as well.

1 hour ago, Carlos Danger said:

I'm actually miffed that JT is doing the halftime show... Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it will be a great performance. However...

...not to be a soapbox guy, but Janet Jackson (an amazing performer in her own right) was banned from ever performing at an NFL event and had to publicly apologize for the "wardrobe malfunction" when it was clearly a choreographed event perpetrated by both parties (and others).

I didn't care about the incident... I thought Prince's performance the next year was at least 10 times as lewd. I just think that the response was extremely sexist. Why wasn't Timberlake publicly shamed and banned from performing? The t.v. network and NFL are showing their rear ends by letting Timberlake perform...

It's the patriarchy!!

1 hour ago, Carlos Danger said:

I really don't watch the halftime shows much but was actually in Florida when we played the Bears in SB41 in a hotel room, so I watched that one. I thought Prince nailed it!

On 1/27/2018 at 10:10 AM, crazycolt1 said:

Look, this forum has already been through this way too many times.

I explained to you why fans of other teams dislike the Patriots that goes past just fandom.

Then we have to hear it's all just jealousy by Patriot fans when the fact is there is just cause to be doubtful.

You bringing this up now after all this time serves no purpose but to stir things up.

I didn't bring this up.  People asked what Pat fans think of Indy today.  Since I live in the area, I'm in a position to know. 

Besides a few repetitions of the same tired old litany of unproven allegations which I was stupid enough to respond to, You and others wanted to argue exactly what role the Colts organization had in the nontroversy.  IMHO that doesn't even matter since the topic was about the perception of New England fans, and the litany itself serves as pretty good evidence that perception and truth can diverge significantly.

There's a perception in New England that the Colts franchise had a lot to do with the unfortunate and largely undeserved suspension of their star quarterback.  That's going to leave a mark on a fanbase that will take time to erase, and it was only like 3 years ago.  The fact of the matter is there's still rather little love lost in New England for the Colts, both for that reason and because of memories of the old rivalry.  One thing New Englanders are really good at is holding onto grudges.

8 minutes ago, George Peterson said:

I didn't bring this up.  People asked what Pat fans think of Indy today.  Since I live in the area, I'm in a position to know. 

Besides a few repetitions of the same tired old litany of unproven allegations which I was stupid enough to respond to, You and others wanted to argue exactly what role the Colts organization had in the nontroversy.  IMHO that doesn't even matter since the topic was about the perception of New England fans, and the litany itself serves as pretty good evidence that perception and truth can diverge significantly.

There's a perception in New England that the Colts franchise had a lot to do with the unfortunate and largely undeserved suspension of their star quarterback.  That's going to leave a mark on a fanbase that will take time to erase, and it was only like 3 years ago.  The fact of the matter is there's still rather little love lost in New England for the Colts, both for that reason and because of memories of the old rivalry.  One thing New Englanders are really good at is holding onto grudges.

The thing is, the Colts did nothing wrong so why should any Pats fan hold a grudge against us? Our LB seen there was something wrong with the ball after the INT, so he said something and turned the ball over to be looked at like anyone would with common sense. The league determined it was under legal PSI. The only people Pats fans should be mad at or hold a grudge against is the people that run the league/Goodell in reality. Colts deserve 0 blame, they didn't cause the alleged cheating. They didn't push the incident to continue over a long time, that was Goodell.

On January 26, 2018 at 11:22 AM, NorthernBlue said:

Ideally, it would be great if the Pats offense got off to a hot start, and scored maybe like 4 touchdowns, and take like a 28-3 lead, before their tired Defense collapses due to a lopsided TOP, which eventually leads to them losing in OT in which the Eagle running back may or may not have been down before he got into the endzone, but because of a mass of eagles fans (and confetti) befalling the field, the refs get too lazy to actually check.

Or ya know, the pats just lose. That'd be nice.

Bring on Blount Force Trauma then? LOL! 

On January 26, 2018 at 11:41 AM, rockywoj said:

If the Eagles win, Brady will have lost more SuperBowls than Peyton Manning.  Go Eagles!

Whoever a fan roots for or against in February, that joke is priceless man! Bravo! 

On January 26, 2018 at 6:18 PM, pacolts56 said:

I hope McDaniel's coordinates an absolutely terrific game....

....and the Patriots lose anyway 51-49 because their defense stunk. :td:

Hey PAC56, has graced us with his presence once again. Cool. I hope all is well my friend. Or as well as it can be for now. 

On January 27, 2018 at 1:54 AM, Jules said:

I want Justin Timberlake to have a good halftime show. I like Justin. 

Oh and the game.......don't see the Pats losing this one right now. Or thats what my crystal ball says. The McDaniels thing still hasn't really sunk into my brain yet for some reason. Still feels odd to me haha.

Never expected that response in a million yrs. It's why you gotta read every reply no matter how long a thread gets. 

Oh, Justin is alright. I have no qualms with him at all. I always wonder why the NFL Commissioner forces acts to pay them to play at the SB. It's not like the league is dirt poor flipping over couch cushions for spare change. Shouldn't the shield be paying them for entertaining a packed stadium? That always backwards to me how Goodell gets away with being a cheapskate role model for kids. 

1 hour ago, George Peterson said:

Other than Grigson reporting that the Patriots may have tampered with footballs there is no more.

Brady himself caused his own suspension. Kraft got fined for thinking him have his nose up Goodell's butt would give him special treatment.  Pretty much end of story.

16 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I really don't watch the halftime shows much but was actually in Florida when we played the Bears in SB41 in a hotel room, so I watched that one. I thought Prince nailed it!

Haha... That's one way to put it.. 

I agree that it was a great performance. I'm a big fan, but... Prince did intentionally perform a lewd gesture behind a sheet using a custom guitar that was designed for just that purpose... It went unnoticed by many, but it happened nonetheless... 

11 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Bring on Blount Force Trauma then? LOL! 

Whoever a fan roots for or against in February, that joke is priceless man! Bravo! 

Hey PAC56, has graced us with his presence once again. Cool. I hope all is well my friend. Or as well as it can be for now. 

Never expected that response in a million yrs. It's why you gotta read every reply no matter how long a thread gets. 

Oh, Justin is alright. I have no qualms with him at all. I always wonder why the NFL Commissioner forces acts to pay them to play at the SB. It's not like the league is dirt poor flipping over couch cushions for spare change. Shouldn't the shield be paying them for entertaining a packed stadium? That always backwards to me how Goodell gets away with being a cheapskate role model for kids. 

Well the artist does get a viewership of over 115 million people at once. So far as far as I can find there have been no payment from any artist to pay to perform during the super bowl. They were ask but was never required to.

It seems to those who have performed at the super bowl received a huge spike in their sales therefor they are paid handsomely in a round about way.

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Well the artist does get a viewership of over 115 million people at once. So far as far as I can find there have been no payment from any artist to pay to perform during the super bowl. They were ask but was never required to.

It seems to those who have performed at the super bowl received a huge spike in their sales therefor they are paid handsomely in a round about way.

Bring me back some Lady Gaga :thmup:

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 12:49 PM, King Colt said:

Not a NASCAR fan, but from living in the South I can back you up on how a lot of people felt about him.

TIm Wilson probably summed up some people's feelings about him in song.  Look it up on YouTube, just google Tim Wilson and Jeff Gordon. 

And this is the second time today I had to post "Not that there's anything wrong with that."

With the superbowl game over with now, lets look at Josh Mcdaniels.  He called one hell of a game! Looking at his play calling only made me more excited at the potential of our offense.  I think Luck will break 5000+ next year.  The way Mcdaniels got his recievers open tonight, showed me how creative he really is.  Like Ashlon Jeffery last year, i’m calling that we win the Super Bowl next year.  I don’t care!