Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

As a Colts fan, do you want McDaniels to do well in SB?

coltsfeva

No, want the Pats to always lose as a real colt fan would never want the Pats to win. It's like a Yank fan to now want the Red Sox to win  just because of a coach to be? That makes no sense. I will root for Josh when he becomes the Colts HC and not before.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

One game isn't going to define McDaniels even if the Pats lay an egg. He has proved what he can do. Go Philly. I don't have a problem with Philly as they have never won a SB. Some of their fans can be rude and obnoxious but I don't mind them winning the SB once. I picked the Patriots to win it all before the season started like I did the Broncos in 2015, I hope I am wrong this time!

Plus not all the fans In Philly are psycho I've met cool Philly fans I've yet to meet a cool pats fan everyone I've met is arrogant as hell and brags and causes fights by bragging 

Ideally, it would be great if the Pats offense got off to a hot start, and scored maybe like 4 touchdowns, and take like a 28-3 lead, before their tired Defense collapses due to a lopsided TOP, which eventually leads to them losing in OT in which the Eagle running back may or may not have been down before he got into the endzone, but because of a mass of eagles fans (and confetti) befalling the field, the refs get too lazy to actually check.

Or ya know, the pats just lose. That'd be nice.

Regardless of what happens, I expect the online response will be calm and measured. 

In no no way would anyone online use it as an example to forward their narrative - whatever that may be. 

*I know I am ‘new’ here but I’m not new to planet Earth or to the World Wide Web. I can just never find the sarcasm font. Maybe on iOS 12...

21 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Plus not all the fans In Philly are psycho I've met cool Philly fans I've yet to meet a cool pats fan everyone I've met is arrogant as hell and brags and causes fights by bragging 

Pats/Colts was the biggest Rivalry in Football from 2003-2010 so yeah the encounters we all have had with Pats fans have been memorable. Pats fans in general don't consider us a rival anymore but they respect our franchise because we have had a Great one. They also know we have Luck and if he gets healthy, they know we will be Good again. Patriots really don't have a Plan B at this point once Tommy retires or BB leaves but if they win their 6th SB they probably wont even think about it for a while.

4 minutes ago, UKColt13 said:

I will always want NE to lose because that’s how my brain is wired.

From the minute McD puts pen to paper on his contract I want nothing but good things for him. As far as I know he hasn’t done that yet.

My grandchildren are gonna looking at me weird when i'm raising my cane in joy that the 3-10 Patriots lost again.. 

26 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pats/Colts was the biggest Rivalry in Football from 2003-2010 so yeah the encounters we all have had with Pats fans have been memorable. Pats fans in general don't consider us a rival anymore but they respect our franchise because we have had a Great one. They also know we have Luck and if he gets healthy, they know we will be Good again. Patriots really don't have a Plan B at this point once Tommy retires or BB leaves but if they win their 6th SB they probably wont even think about it for a while.

Ha!

I wasn't aware pats fans were capable of respect!!!

Ha!

1 hour ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

My grandchildren are gonna looking at me weird when i'm raising my cane in joy that the 3-10 Patriots lost again.. 

So true.

Can't wait until they're a doormat in a few seasons when everyone retires.

Be ready for some good beatdowns. There are many teams that have been beat bad by them over the years. They'll enjoy returning the favor. The AFC east teams probably can't wait until that day comes.

2 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Plus not all the fans In Philly are psycho. I've met cool Philly fans. I've yet to meet a cool pats fan.

Excellent point. 

I'll watch something else and record the game. After getting the final score I'll decide to either hit "play" or "delete." 

Prediction: Brady loses the game by throwing a pick-6 in the last few seconds of the game.  As the clock hits :00, the camera spans to Brady and stays on him for 5 minutes as he weeps uncontrollably. Giselle tries to console him with a bowl of kale ice cream, but to no avail.  Brady is so devistated, he announces his retirement as the post game press conference and as he walks off the stage he punches BB in the face...or something like that :thmup:

6 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

I wasn’t sure if this should be under NFL general or Colts football , since I have a qualifier of being a Colts fan.

But I’m going to be watching the NE offense with the knowledge that this offensive mind is coming to Indy. If he’s as smart as players say, he’ll make the most of what he has to work with.

As far as the outcome, I can’t stand either team. I guess I’ll feel good knowing one of the fan bases will be disappointed. I just hope we don’t see violence in Minneapolis that night, but I’m afraid there will be.

Great topic.  I want the pats to lose.  I only root for the pats to win when they play the jets.  

6 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

I wasn’t sure if this should be under NFL general or Colts football , since I have a qualifier of being a Colts fan.

But I’m going to be watching the NE offense with the knowledge that this offensive mind is coming to Indy. If he’s as smart as players say, he’ll make the most of what he has to work with.

As far as the outcome, I can’t stand either team. I guess I’ll feel good knowing one of the fan bases will be disappointed. I just hope we don’t see violence in Minneapolis that night, but I’m afraid there will be.

No

4 hours ago, colt18 said:

I'd like the Pats to win for two reasons:

1.) It'd be great for our next head coach to be coming off of a SB win

2.) I would probably suffocate from all the happiness that would encase my city if the Eagles win...sorry but my friends are all Eagles fans and laughed at Luck's injury. I can't have them win the SB even after losing Wentz.

I’m so torn about this SB. My family are all Eagles fans but some Eagles fans can be sooo

obnoxious. On the other side is the Evil empire. 

If Minnesota had made it, not a problem; GO VIKINGS!

I can understand  Colts fans who don’t live in the area, rooting for Philly. For those of us who do, it’s not so cut-and-dry.

If NE does lose, I hope it’s not because of bad play calling. In a way, I want to see the genius of McDaniels so we can get a glimpse of what we are about to enjoy for years to come!

GO COLTS!!!

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I live in New England and there's still some bitterness towards the Colts -- not because of on field stuff, but for two reasons

1: the sense that Bill Polian was behind several of the rules changes that put a stop to several of Bill Belichick's more innovative shenanigans, with the most prominent example being the eligible receiver deceptions he was pulling off in the 2014-2015 playoffs

2: The fact that the Deflategate nontroversy and all the nonsense that arose from it started with a playoff game against the Colts and it was their initial reaction to the story that helped it to blow up like it did.

I don't think there's the kind of active hatred or rivalry there used to be -- but personal insults get remembered in New England, and a lot of Pats fans took those things personally.

23 minutes ago, George Peterson said:

I live in New England and there's still some bitterness towards the Colts -- not because of on field stuff, but for two reasons

1: the sense that Bill Polian was behind several of the rules changes that put a stop to several of Bill Belichick's more innovative shenanigans, with the most prominent example being the eligible receiver deceptions he was pulling off in the 2014-2015 playoffs

2: The fact that the Deflategate nontroversy and all the nonsense that arose from it started with a playoff game against the Colts and it was their initial reaction to the story that helped it to blow up like it did.

I don't think there's the kind of active hatred or rivalry there used to be -- but personal insults get remembered in New England, and a lot of Pats fans took those things personally.

#1- For one thing it was John Harbaugh who made the issue about eligible receiver issues, not Polian.

#2- It was Brady's lack of cooperating with the NFL that made things 10 worse that they needed to be.

Playing the victim will not work in this forum. sorry.

Above all I hope there is not a "controversial" catch or fumble or penalty that the media will then argue for weeks cost one of the teams the game. I thought the Jags would do a better job of getting at Brady but maybe the Eagles will. Denver rocked his world a couple years ago and that is the only way to beat him. But for the millions of Brady/Pats haters do you all hate Joe Louis, Mickey Mantle, Arnold Palmer, Dale Earnhardt Jr, the U of Conn. women's basketball team? If my team gets beat I want it from a worthy opponent not some third string flea flickin' ball boy.

9 hours ago, coltsva said:

1. Eagles win = rioting and violence in Minn and Philly. Patriots lose

2. Eagles lose = rioting and violence in Minn and Philly. Patriots get another SB win

I choose #1

(Hopefully wrong on the rioting and violence part)

3. The crowd doesn't show, the NFL loses, and the XFL reigns supreme. Dilly dilly!

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

#1- For one thing it was John Harbaugh who made the issue about eligible receiver issues, not Polian.

#2- It was Brady's lack of cooperating with the NFL that made things 10 worse that they needed to be.

Playing the victim will not work in this forum. sorry.

In no possible scenario in the Deflategate nontroversy are the Colts "the victim."  For that to be the case there would have to be at least some evidence that footballs were ever intentionally deflated, and there is none.  There would also have to be some kind of evidence for exactly what competitive advantage was gained from the alleged deflation, and I've never seen anyone even try to tackle that one.

The Colts were "victimized" by being utterly crushed by the team that went on to win the Superbowl that year.  There's been plenty of insinuation and literally zero hard proof that deflated footballs had anything to do with that.

34 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Above all I hope there is not a "controversial" catch or fumble or penalty that the media will then argue for weeks cost one of the teams the game. I thought the Jags would do a better job of getting at Brady but maybe the Eagles will. Denver rocked his world a couple years ago and that is the only way to beat him. But for the millions of Brady/Pats haters do you all hate Joe Louis, Mickey Mantle, Arnold Palmer, Daryl Earnhardt Jr, the U of Conn. women's basketball team? If my team gets beat I want it from a worthy opponent not some third string flea flickin' ball boy. Look at Brady's SB record. Not much more than 500.

5-2 is now "not much more than .500."

Nice to know.

I also hope that there isn't a controverial play, but even if there wasn't, I trust the creatively salty to figure out some way to complain about the game.

1 minute ago, George Peterson said:

In no possible scenario in the Deflategate nontroversy are the Colts "the victim."

You didn't understand what I said.

On a side note ::  It was Polian who was responsible for making an issue of enforcing rules that were already on the books. The Patriots used and abused the receivers in the game in question. Thus is why Colt fans started having negative issues with the Patriots.

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

On a side note ::  It was Polian who was responsible for making an issue of enforcing rules that were already on the books. The Patriots used and abused the receivers in the game in question. Thus is why Colt fans started having negative issues with the Patriots.

I'd like some examples of that.  Are you talking about the eligible receiver shenanigans the Patriots were engaged in that playoff?