Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Please Vote For Manning To Stay

Luck for President

Only thing that matters is what is in the best interest of the franchise long term and that is going with Luck.

If long term success for the franchise is first then why not try Manning first and let the future learn from a future HOFer. If Manning can't do it, pull him and put the new guy in because until then nothing is sure.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And a proven recovering leader over an unproven player that has yet to

If long term success for the franchise is first then why not try Manning first and let the future learn from a future HOFer. If Manning can't do it, pull him and put the new guy in because until then nothing is sure.

Are you just conviently forgetting the fact that for that to happen the Colts would have to pay him 28 million dollars? That seems like an awful stupid chance to take. Of course you'll say that they can renegotiate an incentive based contract, but if Manning really wanted that it would already be done.

Simple..first is money second is career life span. Manning cost to much and Colts rebuilding over the few years he has left.

Are you just conviently forgetting the fact that for that to happen the Colts would have to pay him 28 million dollars? That seems like an awful stupid chance to take. Of course you'll say that they can renegociate an incentive based contract, but if Manning really wanted that it would already be done.

Just like watching him throw has to wait, everything will be done in it's time and when publicity is best.

You conveniently forgot they don't have to, Irsay said if Manning wanted to stay that he could and inferred that the bonus and pay structure would need to be looked at.

Don't have to do what? Either he pays the 28 mil. or he renegotiate's. Thats it, there'e no other options and like I said, if Manning (and Irsay) were really willing to do that it would already be done.

Simple..first is money second is career life span. Manning cost to much and Colts rebuilding over the few years he has left.

The money only seems to be an issue on boards like this, Irsay and Manning will talk it out and agree to a new contract or agree he should move on. Rebuilding is always better when a good architect is working with you. The Manning led Colts built a franchise so why not help Luck?

Don't have to do what? Either he pays the 28 mil. or he renegotiate's. Thats it, there'e no other options and like I said, if Manning (and Irsay) were really willing to do that it would already be done.

They don't have to hurry just because fans are nervous, they'll do it when they are ready. They'll renegotiate.

They don't have to hurry just because fans are nervous, they'll do it when they are ready. They'll renegotiate.

actually the fact it hasn't happened yet leads me to believe he is more likely to renegotiate. and that also lends credence to the speculation that his ability to throw is still largely in question. which in turn makes it seem more believable that manning will never play again

:(

actually the fact it hasn't happened yet leads me to believe he is more likely to renegotiate. and that also lends credence to the speculation that his ability to throw is still largely in question. which in turn makes it seem more believable that manning will never play again

:(

Why on earth do you have to be so reasonable!! Doubts enter the mind now.......

The money only seems to be an issue on boards like this, Irsay and Manning will talk it out and agree to a new contract or agree he should move on. Rebuilding is always better when a good architect is working with you. The Manning led Colts built a franchise so why not help Luck?

Keeping Manning stunts not help Luck plus then have all the drama with the two instead of a unified unit.

Keeping Manning stunts not help Luck plus then have all the drama with the two instead of a unified unit.

Andrew Luck, thursday at the combine in Indy: "Peyton was my football hero. That's who I modeled myself after. You never replace a guy like that," Luck said. "Who knows what happens?"

He added, "If I have the opportunity to learn from a guy like that, of course, you're going to take advantage of it."

Sounds like it may be unified already, even if he is just being polite Sensei Peyton is a good guy to listen to.

Andrew Luck, thursday at the combine in Indy: "Peyton was my football hero. That's who I modeled myself after. You never replace a guy like that," Luck said. "Who knows what happens?"

He added, "If I have the opportunity to learn from a guy like that, of course, you're going to take advantage of it."

Sounds like it may be unified already, even if he is just being polite Sensei Peyton is a good guy to listen to.

How do you think Peyton would have liked sitting behind Jim H?

How do you think Peyton would have liked sitting behind Jim H?

Jim Harbaugh was a fine and well respected quarterback that had one outstanding year and many average ones. He wasn't half the quarterback Peyton Manning was (and possibly is) but I get your point and knowing how Peyton is a team player I would like to think he would have sat on the bench for the good of the team.

Jim Harbaugh was a fine and well respected quarterback that had one outstanding year and many average ones. He wasn't half the quarterback Peyton Manning was (and possibly is) but I get your point and knowing how Peyton is a team player I would like to think he would have sat on the bench for the good of the team.

I would disagree.

I have a different picture of PM. I think he would be very much like Luck, and want to start right away.

Before the draft, he would pay lip service to those who want him to sit. And after the draft he will compete and make it very hard for the coach to sit him.

I would disagree.

I have a different picture of PM. I think he would be very much like Luck, and want to start right away.

Before the draft, he would pay lip service to those who want him to sit. And after the draft he will compete and make it very hard for the coach to sit him.

No argument, thats why I phrased it the way I did, he is a competitor and when young was probably very very vocal about it.

That is debatable.

Very

Sorry but Peyton was not a better NFL QB then Jim H. when he was arookie

Played more games, completed a higher % of passes, other stats/yards/td/int, are obviously dependent on playing more games, similar qb ratings. With one being a rookie, and the other being a 12 year vet it's quite clear who had the better year.

I guess I am just shocked at the number of people who won't let go of the past ...

I guess you are insinuating Peyton is the past and has to go. The last time he played, he carried a subpar team with a lot of injuries to the playoffs. I think he is much more likely than Luck to get the Colts back into contention. If the Colts are smart, he is the past, present, and the future for several more seasons. Since Luck's perceived value is so high, the Colts should trade the pick and give Peyton some talent to win another SB or two in the next few years.

I guess you are insinuating Peyton is the past and has to go. The last time he played, he carried a subpar team with a lot of injuries to the playoffs. I think he is much more likely than Luck to get the Colts back into contention. If the Colts are smart, he is the past, present, and the future for several more seasons. Since Luck's perceived value is so high, the Colts should trade the pick and give Peyton some talent to win another SB or two in the next few years.

Keeping a aged damaged over priced QB on a team non playoff quality for at least a couple of seasons

When you can get younger, cheaper is bad football.

there are 2 kinds of NFL teams

the ones that make the playoffs and the ones that dont.

..anybody who makes the playoffs can win the Super Bowl....

The last 2 NFL seasons are an example of that.

With Manning healthy..we make the playoffs in 2012

....That's why I dont want Manning cut.....we dont have anybody else ready at the position who can make us a playoff team..

By 2013...we could have 2 guys who can lead us to the playoffs

mmmm....cake!

As a fellow cake/pie enthusiast, I have a question. Why is cheesecake classified as a cake? It always seemed more like a pie to me.

According to Yahoo Answers, the source of infinite wisdom -

It's technically a custard pie. There is minimal to no flour in it, and not even really baked. A water bath is used to help cook it, and cook is probably a more appropriate word. It's most likely called a cake, because it was called that long before a definition of cake came to be.

Source(s):

Culinary grad

Answer by Mustang Driver 2 years ago Report Abuse

there are 2 kinds of NFL teams

the ones that make the playoffs and the ones that dont.

..anybody who makes the playoffs can win the Super Bowl....

The last 2 NFL seasons are an example of that.

With Manning healthy..we make the playoffs in 2012

I

....That's why I dont want Manning cut.....we dont have anybody else ready at the position who can make us a playoff team..

By 2013...we could have 2 guys who can lead us to the playoffs

Zero chance Colts make playoffs in 2012 with even a healthy Manning. Colts at best only third best team in own divison upcoming year. At best maybe 8 - 8 if all goes well and that won't win divison or take wildcard