Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can the Colts Survive Without...?

Andy

I'm writing my upcoming blog, and I would like to get some input from my fellow fans. So without further ado, do you think the Colts can survive without:

Joseph Addai & Reggie Wayne

Answer for each player separately.

I think we only need number 18 on offense. They definitely can survive without Wayne and Addai (we have depth at both positions) but they certainly give a greater chance of winning. I would say defensively we would not be able to survive without Freeney or some other dominant pass rusher. My example of this is the SB. I still say the Colts would have won the SB if Freeney was at 100% against the Saints.

• 6 months later...

Joe Addai for sure, actually I want him gone. He's lost a few steps and can't stay healthy. Very unimpressive since 2007 really. Donald Brown has surpassed him.

As for Reggie Wayne, he's tough to replace. I still think he's a top 10 WR and will be a lot of help to Andrew Luck if he has to start right away.

Joe Addai for sure, actually I want him gone. He's lost a few steps and can't stay healthy. Very unimpressive since 2007 really. Donald Brown has surpassed him.

As for Reggie Wayne, he's tough to replace. I still think he's a top 10 WR and will be a lot of help to Andrew Luck if he has to start right away.

Not to nit pick, but Top 10? In the past? Surely you can't mean Right Now, and surely not Moving Forward.

Just a rough list of Fitz,CJ,Andre,BMarsh,Nicks, Jennings,Roddy, Wallace, VJax, Colston is 10 guys, and we havent mentioned Welker, Aj Green, Cruz, Jordy Nelson, Stevie Johnson, Miles Austin, Dez, Bowe, Steve Smith, Desean, Julio, and thats without getting into some of these new TE studs who very well be more of a weapon than Reggie ever was. Guys like Graham,Gronk,Witten, etc...

I like Reggie, but lets not put the cart before the Horse, so to say. Can we survive without Reggie? Yes absolutley.

Addai. Well, Im off the mind you can get pretty marginal production from darn near any RB, outside of a handful of guys they are plug and go in my opinion. So I feel Addai is easily replaced.

I agree with the majority... Wayne is harder to replace than Addai. He demands double coverage almost every snap, which frees up guy like Garcon, Collie, Clark. Addai did not impress me this year. His little stutter step before hitting the line of scrimmage always frustrated me. Brown struggled in the beginning but I was really impressed with him the second half of the year. I think Carter is going to do well with us. I love the way he runs, hits the hole and always seems to get the extra yardage. He did have a few fumbles but chaulk that up as a learning experience.

If Wayne goes we definintely need to draft a WR in the 2nd round... I cant fathom that they keep Gonzo, but you never know, maybe they will give him another look. If Addai goes then I think we will be fine with picking up a RB later on or get an UDFA to groom.

Not to nit pick, but Top 10? In the past? Surely you can't mean Right Now, and surely not Moving Forward.

Just a rough list of Fitz,CJ,Andre,BMarsh,Nicks, Jennings,Roddy, Wallace, VJax, Colston is 10 guys, and we havent mentioned Welker, Aj Green, Cruz, Jordy Nelson, Stevie Johnson, Miles Austin, Dez, Bowe, Steve Smith, , Julio, and thats without getting into some of these new TE studs who very well be more of a weapon than Reggie ever was. Guys like Graham,Gronk,Witten, etc...

I like Reggie, but lets not put the cart before the Horse, so to say. Can we survive without Reggie? Yes absolutley.

Addai. Well, Im off the mind you can get pretty marginal production from darn near any RB, outside of a handful of guys they are plug and go in my opinion. So I feel Addai is easily replaced.

Ehh I'm not ready to put a lot of those guys ahead of Reggie just yet.

A.Johnson, C.Johnson, Fitzgerald, Welker, White, Jennings and then Reggie IMO. A TE isn't a WR. Reggie still has a lot of great football in him.

Ehh I'm not ready to put a lot of those guys ahead of Reggie just yet.

A.Johnson, C.Johnson, Fitzgerald, Welker, White, Jennings and then Reggie IMO. A TE isn't a WR. Reggie still has a lot of great football in him.

A TE isn't a WR but if you gave me the choice of Reggie or Gronk I'd take Gronk. You can't understate how much of a threat someone like him is.

But no looking at IndyTrav's list I could definitely pick out 10 or so that I'd rate higher than Reggie. He's lost a step, he's easily still a #1 receiver but he's certainly not elite.

A TE isn't a WR but if you gave me the choice of Reggie or Gronk I'd take Gronk. You can't understate how much of a threat someone like him is.

But no looking at IndyTrav's list I could definitely pick out 10 or so that I'd rate higher than Reggie. He's lost a step, he's easily still a #1 receiver but he's certainly not elite.

Thats kind of how I feel.

I think Reggie is a #1 WR, but if you give me my choice of WR's from around the league, and even some TEs I'm taking them well before I take Reggie. Probably about 20 of them actually.

I'm writing my upcoming blog, and I would like to get some input from my fellow fans. So without further ado, do you think the Colts can survive without:

Joseph Addai & Reggie Wayne

Answer for each player separately.

I think that obviously, the Colts could go without Joe Addai....as Donald Brown is clearly imrpoving.... and RBs are easy to draft and acquire.

Wayne is a consistent pass catcher,,.even this past year without strong QB play...

We would miss him much more but WR is a strength for the Colts..

Bottom line.,.,we could survive the loss of both and be a playoff tram next year...

You can draft a taller, stronger, faster and younger player than Reggie and the trend is taller and stronger across the league. That's one reason the Colts short corners struggle. Addai is a really strong blocker and a work horse when he's 100%. He is not used enough in the passing game, as he is much better in space. Overall, I think it would be tough to rate him above middle of the pack, making him very replaceable.

Addai is a RB and not a well rounded one so yes,

Not well rounded? Addai is a recieving threat, good blocking & picking up the blitz, rarely fumbles, decent running... He may be injured alot but saying he is NOT well rounded is a stretch, if anything, he has stayed around because he is sooo well rounded...

with that said, the team can survive with out him...

Yes. There's only one player we can't truly do without and that's Manning.

Until up to a few years ago Freeney as well on the D side of things.

Now he's older, our D is easily exploited these days and doesn't matter who we have out there anymore. Our D sucks with our without him now. =/

So yeah, PM is the only one we can't do without at the moment. We have some good players on the team, but too much dead weight in between to go anywhere without captain carry lugging the load.

It seems these days that RB's are easy to replace- with UDFA and low round picks starting and doing well all over the league.

A really good WR, with an understanding of the offense, reading D's-- that's harder to replace. Wayne would leave a gaping hole in us right now, simply because we don't really have anyone like him on the roster. Garcon is not a bad WR, but just not the same kind of #1 reciever that Wayne is.

fact time j.addai career 4.1 ypc; last year (2011) 3.7ypc; longest run last year 16yds; tds last year 1; first downs 16. j.addai wasn't been explosive since his rookie year and can easly be replaced for someone who will take a lot less money. PM or Luck needs a better running game than this.