Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Best worse case scenario for our first round pick?

Best worse case scenario for our first round pick?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Best worse case scenario for our first round (#3) pick?

• Fitzpatrick CB
    • Nelson G
    • Smith ILB
    • McGlinchey OT
    • Landry DE
    • O’Neil OT
    • Guice RB
    • Washington WR
    • Evans ILB
    • James S

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• It’s unfortunate when they just got their first win. If Lewis and paye can’t go we basically only have one DE. No rotation so Steelers will just wear this term down. I was do excited for this game now I am really mad. I was really looking forward to it. The offense might be able to make up for defense but not if Kelly and smith can go.
    • This is where quality of your coach is so important.  And I think Shane is a quality coach to handle this situation.  Also I agree he is doing it right.  It's ugly, but he is balancing a big investment at QB with his job security which is very tough.   Running QBs often reach that point where the staff decides they are never going to learn to win from the pocket, and it is then you see the scheme revert back to college type approach and general simplicity to allow them to translate to the field.  But to get to that point you need to at least give the QB the opportunity.  Because once they do reach that point the team will usually be looking for another QB.   The way you build a perennial winner is finding a QB who can give you an edge from the pocket.  Given that, mobility and off schedule instincts are an advantage and desired.  But the latter will never trump the former because if your QB needs to be in space to see the defense and make his throws then defenses will be able to shut him down in the playoffs.  QBs like that don't win 3 or 4 games in a row against the best defenses in the league, which is required to hoist a Lombardi.   I mean look at Allen.  He developed the ability to win from the pocket.  He has had good teams around him.  He is a dominant run threat.  And he still has come up short in the playoffs.  When there are guys like him and Mahomes with rosters around them, you aren't gonna get past them with a QB who can't do the job from the pocket.
    • I compared AR to Mike Vick recently but didn't get alot of reaction.   AR may never fix his accuracy issues like Vick who struggled with short and intermediate accuracy his entire career.    But Vick was a dynamic runner and could hit the deep bombs with just a flick of the wrist.   Vick resurrected a very sad Falcons franchise and I was a huge fan.   If AR became Vick 2.0 would Colts fans be happy ? I would be
    • Seems like this team gets a lot of untimely injuries that come out of nowhere. Smith and Kelly, Lewis injuries just appeared out of nowhere. None of those injuries were even mentioned after the Bears game.   Hopefully Smith and Lewis plays because that means more reps for Bryan and Freeland. 😭 
    • Yep. He must of woke up Thursday with it. I assume Pinter will play center if he can’t go. That tackle slot is worrisome if smith can’t go. The defense is looking ridiculously banged up.
  • Members

• Matabix

Matabix 490

• Boondoggle

Boondoggle 991

• JediXMan

JediXMan 5,065

• SSColts

SSColts 88

• PeterBowman

PeterBowman 1,777

• ADnum1