Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

For those that think we should go RB at 3....

16 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

Figured one of you would take my comment completely out of context. 

I am going to make this very simple for you and everyone else. I do not think our front office stupid. They are intelligent, and understand football. That is why they will take Barkley, unless we get a very good offer to move back. 

You keep trying to act like this is a legitimate point... when it basically translates to... "as long as the front office takes Barkley if he is there they are smart; otherwise they are stupid" 

You repeating it over and over doesn't make it logical. You are talking in circles. 

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, esmort said:

You keep trying to act like this is a legitimate point... when it basically translates to... "as long as the front office takes Barkley if he is there they are smart; otherwise they are stupid" 

You repeating it over and over doesn't make it logical. You are talking in circles. 

Might as well give up trying to reason with him. No matter who might be right he has no respect for anyone's opinion or point of view but his own. It's not a debate with him, It's an argument. I quit last night because I refuse to argue with him. It's what flips his boat and I will not play his immature games anymore.

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I don't think you understood what I was saying. Even tho he might be playing half the snaps he draws attention away from those guys you mentioned. If you don't think his presence on the field goes overlooked I can't agree at all.

I got what you were saying, I'll have to rewatch the games and see how much attention the blockers are giving Harrison when they play. I don't think he goes unnoticed just that he's not the primary pass rusher other teams are looking to stop.

On 1/24/2018 at 5:51 PM, NorthernBlue said:

True, but I feel like his recent success with mid tier RBs makes it so that saying they'll definitely want to take Barkley at 3 is a bit premature.

I didn't say they'd definitely want anyone We have a way to go after the combine the picture will be more clear..  I don't think anyone would prefer a mid tier guy if he could have a top guy.

It's interesting to me so many look over what McDaniels did when he had say over personnel like RB and a 6'3 WR in the 1st another big WR 6'2 in the 3rd. We know where Ballard is when it comes to WR size. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/25/2018 at 7:35 PM, esmort said:

Is my point legitimate enough now?

This is going exactly as I thought it would. 

Barkley is CLEARLY the best non-quarterback in this draft. And he might even be the best player in this draft. At this point only quarterbacks are possibly going ahead of him, but that was pretty easy to see months ago. I am sure everyone can see that now, correct?

1 hour ago, BlueShoe said:

Is my point legitimate enough now?

This is going exactly as I thought it would. 

Barkley is CLEARLY the best non-quarterback in this draft. And he might even be the best player in this draft. At this point only quarterbacks are possibly going ahead of him, but that was pretty easy to see months ago. I am sure everyone can see that now, correct?

The Combine performance doesn't change my opinion,  and doesn't make your comments that my post was addressing any more logical. 

You are letting the Combine get you much too excited. 

26 minutes ago, esmort said:

The Combine performance doesn't change my opinion,  and doesn't make your comments that my post was addressing any more logical. 

You are letting the Combine get you much too excited. 

I disagree. The combine is very important, as it proves to be every year. 

We are in the home stretch now though. We have free agency, team needs going into the draft, and it will be here before we know it.  

On 1/22/2018 at 8:07 PM, BlackPanther said:

If we're not taking Barkley then we should be trading down.

I'm not really bothered about whether we take Barkley or not, I'll think he'll be good but we have needs elsewhere, but those needs could be filled with a slightly later 1st rounder and a few assets to go along with it.

I wouldn't like to use 3 on Chubb.

Browns take Barkley at 1, giants take nelson at 2 .... browns trade #4 pick to colts so they can get a QB plus their 2 second round picks .... they take darnold or Allen .... colts draft Chubb at 4 ... plus now they have 3 second round picks. 

10 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

I disagree. The combine is very important, as it proves to be every year. 

We are in the home stretch now though. We have free agency, team needs going into the draft, and it will be here before we know it.  

I'm in the camp that the combine didn't do much but validate what people already thought of Barkley. Actually kinda surprised because I kept hearing he would run in the 4.3 range (I know he was close, but wasn't there). He's an absolute freak of an athlete no doubt, but I think most people already know that (especially anyone scouting these guys). The combine helped others (Chubb, Edmunds) more than it did Barkley. If people didn't know or hear what Barkley was going to do, then they weren't paying enough attention. I would still classify Nelson as the best player in the draft and the "safest" pick. After Chubb's performance (outside of a pedestrian 3 cone), it validated that he should be the pick IMO. If we trade back, then I would look for Nelson, Edmunds, and maybe Fitzpatrick. FA will be key, we shall see how it goes! If we get any of those 5, I'm very happy as a fan!