Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jack Doyle to the pro-bowl

GoColts8818

10 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Maybe it would be good if you knew what you are talking about?  No one backed out, he took Gronks place. In case you don't know Gronk is going to the super bowl. Taking Gronk's place should tell you something but I have a feeling you will find something negative to say about it.

Maybe it would be nice if you knew what a true number 1 TE looks like. Perhaps also dismantle the connection between making the pro bowl = somehow a #1 at your position. The gap in talent between kelce/gronk and the rest of the TEs in the afc is ridiculous. So no, simply taking gronks spot has nothing to say about him.

3 hours ago, Calmack said:

Maybe it would be nice if you knew what a true number 1 TE looks like. Perhaps also dismantle the connection between making the pro bowl = somehow a #1 at your position. The gap in talent between kelce/gronk and the rest of the TEs in the afc is ridiculous. So no, simply taking gronks spot has nothing to say about him.

There are pics of Doyle all over.  

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/16504/jack-doyle

There are maybe 15-18 #1 TE's in the league.   Doyle is in the middle of that pack.  

5 hours ago, Calmack said:

Doyle is a #1 TE. What you don't seem to understand is the deference between a #1 TE and an elite TE.

Sorry if you can't distinguish the difference.

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Doyle is a #1 TE. What you don't seem to understand is the deference between a #1 TE and an elite TE.

Sorry if you can't distinguish the difference.

And I am sorry your standards for a #1 TE are so low. It's obvious we have differing opinions. There's no need for us to continue.

1 hour ago, Calmack said:

And I am sorry your standards for a #1 TE are so low. It's obvious we have differing opinions. There's no need for us to continue.

My standards have nothing to do with it.

The people who voted him into the pro bowl as an alternate at least do have the standards and knowledge over your opinion.

That leaves you. You didn't even have the knowledge how he even became an alternate.

That nullifies your opinion.

39 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

My standards have nothing to do with it.

The people who voted him into the pro bowl as an alternate at least do have the standards and knowledge over your opinion.

That leaves you. You didn't even have the knowledge how he even became an alternate.

That nullifies your opinion.

I had no idea opinions could be nullified. Hilarious. What else are you going to proclaim? Since you seem to believe your opinion is the only correct one. Doyle is solid, and he made it in because the AFC is weak at the TE position coupled with the immense drop in skill after kelce/gronk. That leaves guys like Doyle to be chosen as alternate. Who else are people going to vote for in the AFC? Doyle is at the top of the average TEs left over. And btw, if you tread back and actually re-read my older post about how Doyle made it in, I wrote "presumably because someone backed out". Do you know what presumably means? I did not state he got in because someone backed out as fact. 

6 hours ago, Calmack said:

I had no idea opinions could be nullified. Hilarious. What else are you going to proclaim? Since you seem to believe your opinion is the only correct one. Doyle is solid, and he made it in because the AFC is weak at the TE position coupled with the immense drop in skill after kelce/gronk. That leaves guys like Doyle to be chosen as alternate. Who else are people going to vote for in the AFC? Doyle is at the top of the average TEs left over. And btw, if you tread back and actually re-read my older post about how Doyle made it in, I wrote "presumably because someone backed out". Do you know what presumably means? I did not state he got in because someone backed out as fact. 

If you can admit he's at least an average starting TE then he's a #1.... Gronk, Kelce, Ertz and maybe Reed if he can stop getting broken are for sure better than him then it's a debate that makes him a #1 TE.