Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I've Not Heard Anything Lately That Isn't Positive Toward Manning Getting Healthy

Portage Coltfans

I know it's just TV, but saturday/Polian/addai etc have all recently stated they think Manning will be ready to play. (You can find these references in other threads).

I have only heard positive things about Mannings return and his arm strength, and other NFL teams are licking their chops at a chance to sign him. I know people want to move on to Luck, but with it looking positive toward Manning being healthy in September.

It will be interesting to see if the Colts are smart enough with the dismissal of Manning.

I think if Manning goes on to be a stud with another team, and we are watching the Colts struggle for the next few years (which we will with Luck), I have no doubt all of these "Irsay supporters" will be changing their tune quickly. Reverse the situation, and we keep manning and he can't play and we lose out on Luck (being a stud on another team) I really don't think the fan base will be upset by this. We'll have multiple good players from trading luck, and there will always be a good option to draft a good QB. We will just take the route of the 49ers/Ravens, and I'm ok with that scenerio.

I know it's just TV, but saturday/Polian/addai etc have all recently stated they think Manning will be ready to play. (You can find these references in other threads).

Which is the problem.

"he will be" or "he's going to". (play/playing)

Those are the words I am waiting for. And I am waiting for them from only a few people. Peyton himself. Irsay. GM. HC.

Until then, the speculation continues.

It's funny because Irsay at first said that money is absolutely not an issue and the only issue is Peyton's health. Now that we hear reports that Peyton is throwing and is throwing well, Irsay says Peyton is welcome back on a restructured contract

i'll put my $$ and my loyalty toward peyton

let the dolphins draft luck, i won't feel sorry about it in the future

I have only heard positive things about Mannings return and his arm strength, and other NFL teams are licking their chops at a chance to sign him. I know people want to move on to Luck, but with it looking positive toward Manning being healthy in September.

It will be interesting to see if the Colts are smart enough with the dismissal of Manning.

I think if Manning goes on to be a stud with another team, and we are watching the Colts struggle for the next few years (which we will with Luck), I have no doubt all of these "Irsay supporters" will be changing their tune quickly. Reverse the situation, and we keep manning and he can't play and we lose out on Luck (being a stud on another team) I really don't think the fan base will be upset by this. We'll have multiple good players from trading luck, and there will always be a good option to draft a good QB. We will just take the route of the 49ers/Ravens, and I'm ok with that scenerio.

I'd have to totally disagree with you on that one. Also, I don't get how Luck will 'struggle', and traded draft picks further down trhe board will be successful. How do you work that one out? Or have I misunderstood your point?

I'd have to totally disagree with you on that one. Also, I don't get how Luck will 'struggle', and traded draft picks further down trhe board will be successful. How do you work that one out? Or have I misunderstood your point?

So a rookie QB will come on to a rebuilding and transitioning team at that point and not struggle?

i'll put my $$ and my loyalty toward peyton

let the dolphins draft luck, i won't feel sorry about it in the future

I stll think we should draft Luck; Peyton's near the end of his career and there's no guarantee that he returns to the Colts. I just don't think we should call Luck a HOFer yet. It's very possible that he becomes a HOFer, but we can't say yet.

It's funny because Irsay at first said that money is absolutely not an issue and the only issue is Peyton's health. Now that we hear reports that Peyton is throwing and is throwing well, Irsay says Peyton is welcome back on a restructured contract

It seems Irsay's trump bard that he was banking on was Manning wouldn't return to health and be forced to retire, so he could continue his boasting about money not being an issue.

On drafting Luck with Manning remaining a Colt, I don't know who will do better in the NFL, but just on listening to Griffin and Luck talk, I like Griffin better. He seems more relaxed, confident, less rehearsed and less like a guy that will put himself before his team.

There will always be a good option to draft a good QB.

I don’t think it necessarily would be so easy. There is a reason why so many NFL teams are struggling to find a franchise QB. Sometimes it’s none, and there are seldom more than a few really good Qbs in the draft. They normally go early, which means that the Colts have to have another bad season to get the same chance again.

On drafting Luck with Manning remaining a Colt, I don't know who will do better in the NFL, but just on listening to Griffin and Luck talk, I like Griffin better. He seems more relaxed, confident, less rehearsed and less like a guy that will put himself before his team.

Well Luck is a doof no doubt. But who cares. I've heard some pretty slick guys in NFL press conferences who couldn't play for squat.

Lots of Colts fans who are attached to Manning are acting like the Favre fans were in Green Bay. They were so sure Aaron Rodgers wouldn't be able to fill those shoes. Now it's a question of how many more super bowls will Rodgers win than Brett Favre did. It's gonna be the same case here and no one will freely admit they were hoping for Peyton to stay and weren't overwhelmed by Luck or that they liked anything about RG3 better. RG3 is probably going to be like Aaron Brooks or Jeff Blake. Solid, not spectacular, probably wins a few playoff games and has some flashy moments. But 15 years from now Luck will have a legendary place in this game.

Bill Polian just announced that he saw Manning throw witih velocity and accuracy across his body to both sides of the field, IN DECEMBER.

close thread.

aw man, Polian has an agenda. Polian has an agenda none of us even know about. Who knows what allegiances he promised to Manning? He doesn't want to burn that bridge with Peyton. Of course he's going to be uber positive in regards to Manning's recovery. I don't suggest he's lying completely, but I do think that he's over the top positive in regards to what he saw with Manning. He's been so over the top positive compared to the other things we heard about Manning's progress. I just don't fully buy either. We don't know that Polian is being any more honest than Kravitz

aw man, Polian has an agenda. Polian has an agenda none of us even know about. Who knows what allegiances he promised to Manning? He doesn't want to burn that bridge with Peyton. Of course he's going to be uber positive in regards to Manning's recovery. I don't suggest he's lying completely, but I do think that he's over the top positive in regards to what he saw with Manning. He's been so over the top positive compared to the other things we heard about Manning's progress. I just don't fully buy either. We don't know that Polian is being any more honest than Kravitz

From where Polian sits I can't see a reason for him to lie, can you? Polian did his job here. He made mistakes just like any other man does, but he gave us a solid ten years of awesome football and without a doubt helped to make Indianapolis a football town.

From where Polian sits I can't see a reason for him to lie, can you? Polian did his job here. He made mistakes just like any other man does, but he gave us a solid ten years of awesome football and without a doubt helped to make Indianapolis a football town.

Not lie; but I think he and Peyton probably shook hands when they parted ways and things were great and Polian feels like it's in his best interests to not burn any bridge with Peyton. So when asked, he reported favorably about things rather than the other things we've heard which the truth is probably somewhere in between.

Well Luck is a doof no doubt. But who cares. I've heard some pretty slick guys in NFL press conferences who couldn't play for squat.

Lots of Colts fans who are attached to Manning are acting like the Favre fans were in Green Bay. They were so sure Aaron Rodgers wouldn't be able to fill those shoes. Now it's a question of how many more super bowls will Rodgers win than Brett Favre did. It's gonna be the same case here and no one will freely admit they were hoping for Peyton to stay and weren't overwhelmed by Luck or that they liked anything about RG3 better. RG3 is probably going to be like Aaron Brooks or Jeff Blake. Solid, not spectacular, probably wins a few playoff games and has some flashy moments. But 15 years from now Luck will have a legendary place in this game.

fact: manning is a HOFer

not a fact: Luck is a HOFer - he hasn't proven a thing yet in the NFL, I'll take Manning for 4 more years

I do agree with you about RGIII though