Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jacksonville (+7.5) at New England (1-21-18)

oldunclemark

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been a pretty clean game as far as the refs but the reaction by the announcers still sells the ref bias. Every time the Pats throw an incomplete pass they go "noooooooo flag!" Not no flag, which isn't something they say after every incomplete pass in other games, but noooooo flag. Then when they got the flag just now was all YES FLAG! 

2 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Good penalty if he doesn’t come back.

Why the NFL doesn't have the college rule of ejection for a game makes no sense .  You could theoretically do this every week to the opposition's best player with little recourse.  

2 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Its unnecessary roughness to hit the person receiving a pass?

I normally am all for protecting a wr but the defender didn’t lead with his head and even turned his body. Gronk was falling so that is why they hit heads. Gronk is 6’7....church is like 6 inches below. That is just unlucky.

Just now, RockThatBlue said:

I might need to look at it again but I don't think he led with his helmet. Gronk put his head down it looked like to me.

Defenseless receiver....doesn't matter.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Thanks I must of missed it, with that definition I think Rivers could be contributed to some of the lack of separation, just because of the lack of zip on the ball because it seems there have been quite of few times when the receiver is waiting for the ball to get there and the defender has time to recover.   Now I'm not saying its all him or his arm strength because just overall offense timing on plays and comfortability with the quarterback/receivers could affect it as well. I would be interested to see if it improves throughout the season.
    • I'm with you on zone versus marshmellow soft zone.     As the one guy said, is there a stat to show the distance from the LOS for routes thrown to or something?  Could the difference also be attributed to what appeared to be a short route gameplan (Jax) v a longer route GP MN?
    • Yes...   I believe we’d be on the hook for his 5th year option.  The injury would trigger it.   At least that’s the way I understand it.    Bad break for both Hooker and Mack (who has no 5th year option).   Personally, I hope Ballard re-signs both players to incentive based contracts.  Give both guys a chance to re-establish their careers.   I think they’ve earned that.      
    • This is why you generally have to play like we did in week 2.  Even with the most time to throw in the league, Rivers has 3 INTs and could have more.  Rivers is still a very good QB and you can compete with him, but as the numbers show, he is going to be aggressive.  He's going to force several balls, throw a few jump balls every week.  He just will.  At this stage, you don't want him throwing it 45 times.  If it's that type of game and you are forced to throw it 45 times, that's one thing, but in Jax, we threw it 45 times leading most of the game.  
    • Lol..I totally agree.   I'm always weary of those 'easy win' games, they always end up being losses or BARELY winning.   I'm hoping for another stress free Sunday like last week.
  • Members

• coltsfanej

coltsfanej 375

• ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL 7,517

Moderators
    • Fluke_33

Fluke_33 1,772

• Rackeen305

Rackeen305 490

• Dogg63

Dogg63 901