Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

You heard it here first....

Cleveland trades number one overall pick to Buffalo for 21st and 22nd. Gives the Browns number 4, 21, 22. This year.

With the 1st pick Buffalo takes either Darnold or Rosen.

Giants at number 2, "possibly" takes whoever is left or trades with Jets or Broncos who may need QB if none acquired via FA, although I'm not sure Giants grab a QB here. If Giants trade with Browns here then my below theory will not come to pass

Colts at number 3 swaps picks with Browns and gets 22nd overall as well

Colts gain 2 1st round picks here in this scenario, which is totally plausible IF... 1) Browns grab QB via FA or a RB via FA like Carlos Hyde

*My thinking is Browns really want Allen if no QB in FA can be obtained, fearing Denver may trade Colts to grab Allen, Browns swap with Colts and offer one of the 2 number one's acquired from Bills to grab Allen at 3

Not as far fetched a scenario if you really think about it... But my major point is nothing will be shaped as "Real" possibility until FA period is over, especially regarding QB's

Just now, chad72 said:

Alex Smith, Kirk Cousins changing places will change a few things. Redskins are closer to the #1 pick than the Bills, just saying :) 

Bills have more ammo in the 2 first round picks and browns NEED players. That's why I went with Buffa. Bills are a QB away from really contending and it's why they might make the move here.

1 minute ago, Indeee said:

Bills have more ammo in the 2 first round picks and browns NEED players. That's why I went with Buffa. Bills are a QB away from really contending and it's why they might make the move here.

If the Bills get Alex Smith, that reduces their need to move up too. That is the other possibility being floated around. Running team, needing a QB that can make plays but not turn it over, in comes Alex Smith. 

Now, the Bills can get 2 quality first round draft picks buying a few more years, IMO. If a QB drops to their spot, they may consider it then to sit on the bench.

Just now, chad72 said:

If the Bills get Alex Smith, that reduces their need to move up too. That is the other possibility being floated around. Running team, needing a QB that can make plays but not turn it over, in comes Alex Smith. 

Exactly and that could happen. It's why I ended my post with nothing will really be plausible until FA is over in who needs who in regards to guessing what could happen on draft day

5 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Cleveland trades number one overall pick to Buffalo for 21st and 22nd. Gives the Browns number 4, 21, 22. This year.

Giants at number 2, "possibly" takes whoever is left or trades with Jets or Broncos who may need QB if none acquired via FA, although I'm not sure Giants grab a QB here. If Giants trade with Browns here then my below theory will not come to pass

Colts gain 2 1st round picks here in this scenario, which is totally plausible IF... 1) Browns grab QB via FA or a RB via FA like Carlos Hyde

*My thinking is Browns really want Allen if no QB in FA can be obtained, fearing Denver may trade Colts to grab Allen, Browns swap with Colts and offer one of the 2 number one's acquired from Bills to grab Allen at 3

Not as far fetched a scenario if you really think about it... But my major point is nothing will be shaped as "Real" possibility until FA period is over, especially regarding QB's

Wow. That is a very complex scenario! Mathematically if each step has a 33% chance of happening you have .33^5 = .0039 or .39% probability. 

1 minute ago, Buddy Lee said:

Wow. That is a very complex scenario! Mathematically if each step has a 33% chance of happening you have .33^5 = .0039 or .39% probability. 

Is that considered good? or are you mocking me as being an *... Ha!!

7 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Is that considered good? or are you mocking me as being an *... Ha!!

Nah, not mocking you at all. Just sayin' the more steps it takes to get to an endpoint the less likely it will happen. That's all. Actually, I enjoyed reading your post.

58 minutes ago, Indeee said:

JMO but you have strayed way to far from the trade value chart for this to be reasonable.
 Buffalo would have to add next years 1st and maybe more to this.
  They are a playoff contender so a vet QB makes much more sense. lol

Trading back one spot might get us Clev 33 or 35th pick. I could like that.
 Even back 2 spots to Denver and their 2nd might work for Ballard.   

Not going to happen. Trading the first for both of Buffalo's pick is terrible value. Buffalo would have to give up next year's first. If the Browns plan on getting a different player than QB with 1, they could trade it, but I highly doubt they trade the pick. Also, Colts shouldn't trade back that far. The value isn't worth it.

5 hours ago, chad72 said:

Now, the Bills can get 2 quality first round draft picks buying a few more years, IMO. If a QB drops to their spot, they may consider it then to sit on the bench.

There are cracks forming in the Patriot castle.  I'd think Buffalo would want to save their first round picks and get as many impact players as they can as soon as possible to take over the division when the time comes in a couple of years.

7 hours ago, IndyScribe said:

Not going to happen. Trading the first for both of Buffalo's pick is terrible value. Buffalo would have to give up next year's first. If the Browns plan on getting a different player than QB with 1, they could trade it, but I highly doubt they trade the pick. Also, Colts shouldn't trade back that far. The value isn't worth it.

Agreed for that value I stay put and draft either Chubb or Barkley.

5 hours ago, Indeee said:

Only because they already have pick 4. Maybe they might get more based on whatever value, however having 3 first round picks compared to 2 is a lot better

To trade up to #1 you're gonna offer a lot more than 2 backend 1st rounders

16 hours ago, IndyScribe said:

You didn't read it correctly regarding the Colts part of that scenario. The Colts and Browns SWAP and for doing that SWAP the Colts also get the number 22 pick the browns acquired from buffalo. This means that the colts would get pick 4 and pick 22.