Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

*Article* Patriots on Josh McDaniels: Smart. Innovative. Forward-thinking.

Restored

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2018/01/19/patriots-josh-mcdaniels-smart-innovative-forward-thinking/1045462001/

Some interesting quotes in here:

“Man, he’s so smart,” said Phillip Dorsett, the former Colts first-round pick who was traded to New England in September. “To me, he’s like an offensive genius.”

“The game plan every week is very, very well thought out,” offensive tackle LaAdrian Waddle said. “Everything is laid out perfectly for you.”

“There’s a high standard,” White said. “And you’ve got to do it in practice. If you don’t do it in practice, you’re probably not going to be out there on gameday.”

Getting more and more excited about this hire.

4 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Welp that's that. Dorsett said he's "like an offensive genius" 

Image result for im sold gif

Lol! I'm just being dumb....great article! 

That'll be doyel's next angle. 

"An offensive genius who took Dwayne Allen and Phillip Dorsett and did less with them than we did here. Color me impressed!"

6 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

Can they just freakin lose period!!  HA!  

Ha yeah definitely, I normally agree 100%, but now I'm conflicted, at least with NE facing Jax this weekend, if McDaniels can't effectively gameplan for Jax in the AFC game, what's that say about gameplanning regularly for a division opponent. But then again, I've heard a wise man say we learn more from our mistakes, so, I guess go Jax!!!

Ha, anyways its been a min. @BrentMc11 hope all is well...

After reading about him, his high expectations, and his competitive spirit, I can see where his downfall could (could!!) be coming to Indy and not having success his first year or two. 

With that said, I’m really excited for the Colts to hire him and watch him work with our young guys. McDaniels and Ballard could be the winning combination.

9 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

Ha yeah definitely, I normally agree 100%, but now I'm conflicted, at least with NE facing Jax this weekend, if McDaniels can't effectively gameplan for Jax in the AFC game, what's that say about gameplanning regularly for a division opponent. But then again, I've heard a wise man say we learn more from our mistakes, so, I guess go Jax!!!

Ha, anyways its been a min. @BrentMc11 hope all is well...

Hey Buck....I have been on the IR for about a year.  I missed all of the great people on the Colts Forum.  I was physically and mentally unable to remember things or debate.  I will hopefully be back.  I had heart surgery 3 days ago.  I was not getting enough O2 to my brain.  I also had a severe wound from passing out while in afib.  Mental is back....3 months for the IR to end. :)

See I still rumble and bumble a little.  :)  (I hate the Patriots and the Jags.  HAHA!)

5 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Wait, 

So Holder went down to NE to do an article on McDaniels, and never talked to McDaniels directly. 

Image result for LOL gif

Holder is not a football guy.  It appears he wastes a lot of dollars just to go to NE and slam down Lobster and drink with his fellow journalists.  I think he used a cheat sheet.....:bossy:

8 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

Holder is not a football guy.  It appears he wastes a lot of dollars just to go to NE and slam down Lobster and drink with his fellow journalists.  I think he used a cheat sheet.....:bossy:

Plenty of them over there. 

Cheat sheets, I mean. 

:)

18 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

Hey Buck....I have been on the IR for about a year.  I missed all of the great people on the Colts Forum.  I was physically and mentally unable to remember things or debate.  I will hopefully be back.  I had heart surgery 3 days ago.  I was not getting enough O2 to my brain.  I also had a severe wound from passing out while in afib.  Mental is back....3 months for the IR to end. :)

See I still rumble and bumble a little.  :)  (I hate the Patriots and the Jags.  HAHA!)

Wow! Well, that's adventurous. 

Glad to hear you're well on your way back. 

1 hour ago, BrentMc11 said:

Sorry to hear about all that bud, hope your  recovery goes great with no setbacks!!!!!

3 hours ago, BrentMc11 said:

Yes, glad to hear you're on the mend. All the best to a speedy recovery.

Wow!    You've been through so much!  So glad you're back!   Your absence has been noticed.    The place isn't the same without you.

Stay strong!    Fight!    Win!

:colts:

Wishing you a speedy recovery! 

4 hours ago, BrentMc11 said:

Hey Brent glad you are doing better, I was wondering where you have been. I don't like either team as well. I hope Minnesota wins the SB.

Good to hear you're doing better :thmup:

Nice to see you back! Speedy recovery, and take care... health is important.

6 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

Wait, 

So Holder went down to NE to do an article on McDaniels, and never talked to McDaniels directly. 

Image result for LOL gif

Don't know if you are joking or not. But you do realize that the chances of getting McDaniels to talk about his future when they are in the middle of a potential Super Bowl run is next to nothing? Not to mention, he is a PATRIOT under BB which makes it even more likely. The article mentioned how it was hard to get players to talk about it, let alone McDaniels....

9 hours ago, BrentMc11 said:

Sorry to hear about your health concerns,  I have a few of my own and I know how draining it can be.  Just gotta fight man.  Sounds like your getting up though and will be ready for round 2!   I don't know you but I'm wishing you a fast and total recovery! 

10 hours ago, BrentMc11 said:

Can they just freakin lose period!!  HA!  

Nice to see the return of my favorite ole LB. Missed ya Brent! I hope you, RG, the kids, & your dogs are all thriving buddy. 

I know I'm tired of the Pats winning so much hardware. It's not that that team isn't exceptionally coached & all. I just wanna see the Vikings win it all in their own backyard. That would be a okay to me. 

I like the Eagles too. But, I'd like to see the Eagles win it all when QB Carson Wentz is healthy all yr long provided INDY isn't in the Playoff hunt down the road of course. 

As far as the McDaniels article is concerned, I'm a firm believer in giving Josh another shot at coaching. As long as he's not running the video department at LOS, I'm cool with it.

Walk away from the camera Josh & remember, you're not Bill Belichick & this city will embrace you with a clean slate. You are gifted on offense.

Just stick with what you know & nobody's getting fired early. Kapeesh. Good. 

10 hours ago, BrentMc11 said:

Glad you are back. You are appreciated. 

11 hours ago, BrentMc11 said:

Wow, that really puts things in their proper perspective.  So glad you’re back man!

Best wishes!   

9 hours ago, IndyScribe said:

Well, Brady is injured. If Hoyer plays, there's a good chance they lose.

Wow, if Hoyer has to play for Brady...

Who, if anybody, at the beginning of the season could imagine that the final 4 QB's squaring off for the Super Bowl in 2017 would be -

Case Keenum

Blake Bortles

Nick Foles

Brian Hoyer (if Brady can't go, but I bet he does)

No Rodgers, No Eli, No Rivers, No Brees, No Ryan, No Big Ben, No Wilson, No Stafford... No Cousins... No...  {keep entering QB names here}