Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kiper Mock Draft 1.0 + McShay Reacts (Colts)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Restored said:

Do you really think McDaniels would take a no name RB over one that is projected to be one of the best RB's to come out of the draft in years? Mack could still easily be a part of the offense as well.

Alvin Kamara at one point was a "no name" I suppose. So my point is that there may be good RBs in this draft that can be a complement to Mack, whose last name is not Barkley. It's now up to Ballard and his scouts to find them.

9 minutes ago, Dr. T said:

Alvin Kamara at one point was a "no name" I suppose. So my point is that there may be good RBs in this draft that can be a complement to Mack, whose last name is not Barkley. It's now up to Ballard and his scouts to find them.

I agree completely. Scouts early reports are that this draft is pretty deep in RB talent anyway.

20 minutes ago, Dr. T said:

Not saying you can't find a "good" RB in different parts of the draft. Same logic can be used for CB's, LB's and other positions that vary in depth depending on the draft. My point is that Barkley is a RB that looks to have elite-level talent, not just "good".

26 minutes ago, Restored said:

Not saying you can't find a "good" RB in different parts of the draft. Same logic can be used for CB's, LB's and other positions that vary in depth depending on the draft. My point is that Barkley is a RB that looks to have elite-level talent, not just "good".

Haven't we had enough of our offense having to score 35-40 points a game to win? Not learning from our mistakes is one reason that Manning had one super bowl win in 14 years here. Manning goes to a team with a real defense and goes to two in three years and wins one.

I understand why you think Barkley is the real deal and have no argument with that. But till the defense is fixed along with the O-line it will be the same old Colts of the past. Almost good enough.

6 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Haven't we had enough of our offense having to score 35-40 points a game to win? Not learning from our mistakes is one reason that Manning had one super bowl win in 14 years here. Manning goes to a team with a real defense and goes to two in three years and wins one.

I understand why you think Barkley is the real deal and have no argument with that. But till the defense is fixed along with the O-line it will be the same old Colts of the past. Almost good enough.

You say that like the Colts aren’t going to have draft rounds 2-7 and a huge amount of cap space available to fix the team’s defensive issues. Not to mention coaching that likely will better as well.

1 hour ago, Restored said:

You say that like the Colts aren’t going to have draft rounds 2-7 and a huge amount of cap space available to fix the team’s defensive issues. Not to mention coaching that likely will better as well.

That could just as well be said of the offense as well couldn't it?  Look, Chubb is being advertised for the defense much like Barkley is advertised for the offense.  When Luck is on the field we are at the top of the league in offense. Not the same could have been said on the other side of the ball. Why? No pass rush.

Both of us have legit points of view so this back and forth has pretty much run it's course.

IMO Barkley is not going to even make it to us. I think the Browns are going to take him #1.

On 1/18/2018 at 8:37 PM, oldunclemark said:

Denver's not going to take a QB in the 1st round....They will sign a free agent QB

They cant wait for a rookie project..they have those

I think you're right. The Jets, on the other hand, are desperate for a young QB to build around.  There is your trade partner.