Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Your Final Four QBs. Bortles, Keenum, Foles....

NewColtsFan

A good chance of this happening - Fournette in a pile has his ankle tugged at intentionally/unintentionally all in the name of happenstance by Patriots defenders.

Bradshaw in 2014 in Indy, Patriots come here, have a bone to pick with him from 2011 SB, I guess, ankle gets rolled on, breaks it. LeVeon Bell in 2016 AFCCG, ankle gets rolled on. Comeback vs Falcons in SB in 2016 season, Tevin Coleman gets rolled on in pile.

Am I the only one noticing this?

59 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Lol so comical.. Tom Brady officially listed as questionable for Sunday. Because how amazing will it be when he somehow plays through the pain and torches the Jags defense..

They are setting him up like Michael Jordan post-flu. :) 

59 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Lol so comical.. Tom Brady officially listed as questionable for Sunday. Because how amazing will it be when he somehow plays through the pain and torches the Jags defense..

Well if he is not 100% Jacksonville will have a couple of picks. After all they were 2nd in the league.

Call me crazy, I think it's worse than they're letting on. 

Even if he had lost his hand he'd still be wearing the glove and listed as questionable. It just doesn't seem like the typical New England "this isn't a story, we're moving on". 

I'm curious to see how this one plays out for sure. 

On 1/17/2018 at 6:11 AM, aaron11 said:

keenum has been good, everyone is sleeping on that for some reason.  check his stats, tape and pff rating, all of it is good

bortles had good games and bad games this year, not the first time an average QB was carried by a defense 

They've all been good. Bortles has had 3 had games not counting the last 2 where they were in 3rd gear, Cardinals, Chargers and Bills. Foles has had 1 bad game and lost only that game. These aren't flashy allstars or anything but people are selling them short. Meanwhile the true all-star quarterbacks have been soft as jelly lately so Green Bay and Dallas and whoever can have them. 

On January 16, 2018 at 10:52 PM, Yehoodi said:

The Pats have lost playoff games to Sanchez, Plumber, Flacco, Eli, and Peyton in his last year.  That is kind of an ascending order of talent.  For the most part those QBs have had great defenses on the other side of the ball and ones that give TB and the Pats fits. 

Nothing against Eli, he is a solid QB but has not won a playoff game outside of the two SB runs.  Kind of the same holds true for Flacco.   In another words, these three QBs in the final four may not have a great name or a top 5 QB, but take away prior QBs SB wins these QBs may not be that far behind. 

It is going to be a tough game on Sunday for the Pats.  If the Pats D can keep Bortles in check, and our O plays at least a B game, i like our chances.  But time will tell.

True there is a slight exhale as the meat of the QB roster are not in the final four, but all it takes it two good games and with the D on these three teams, anything can happen.    

Hey there Yehoodi, 

I always admire your balanced objectivity about your Massachusetts football team every single yr since I've known you. You know how formidable the Jags are with their LBs, secondary, & ability to collapse the pocket up the middle when necessary. No easy path to victory as you suggest. 

Yep, the playoff Gods can make anything happen this time of yr. I know I said in another thread that NE has enough hardware already, but I also understand why loyal NE fans would like to go out on top with this coaching staff since McDaniels, Patricia, & so many integral parts of this 2001 dynasty ride will be gone next season. I get it. Win or lose on Sunday, major props to Bill, Robert, Tom for all the success this franchise has pulled off over a decade. 5 SBs with a possible 6th in the midst is nothing to sneeze at or dismiss outright. It will be a dogfight for the ages regardless of the final score. 

9 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Hey there Yehoodi, 

I always admire your balanced objectivity about your Massachusetts football team every single yr since I've known you. You know how formidable the Jags are with their LBs, secondary, & ability to collapse the pocket up the middle when necessary. No easy path to victory as you suggest. 

Yep, the playoff Gods can make anything happen this time of yr. I know I said in another thread that NE has enough hardware already, but I also understand why loyal NE fans would like to go out on top with this coaching staff since McDaniels, Patricia, & so many integral parts of this 2001 dynasty ride will be gone next season. I get it. Win or lose on Sunday, major props to Bill, Robert, Tom for all the success this franchise has pulled off over a decade. 5 SBs with a possible 6th in the midst is nothing to sneeze at or dismiss outright. It will be a dogfight for the ages regardless of the final score. 

Hey there SW

Yes it should be a dog fight, hopefully the pats can get past the jags

It would be nice to be able to win it all this year, but the pats have 3 top defenses standing in the final four, the QBs that have played solid this year

I think the Jags should blitz like they've never blitzed before if it doesn't look good after each team's opening posession in the 2nd half. I know that's not their style and I know you have to stick with what works but theoretically that will not have been what worked if they're behind. They almost let the Steelers come back. They're the best at pressure up the middle so it's not like it would have to be some exotic blitz or some high risk edge blitz. Blitz a couple guy up the middle, put Brady on his can and it's game over imo. 

1 hour ago, Yehoodi said:

Hey there SW

It would be nice to be able to win it all this year, but the pats have 3 top defenses standing in the final four, the QBs that have played solid this year

You don't sound like a Pats fan. :hide:

I'm pulling for the eagles to win the SB and I hope Foles has a couple of good games and earns himself a starting job on another team. I liked him a lot at Arizona and have wanted to see him get a chance to start with a good OC coaching him

11 hours ago, J@son said:

I'm pulling for the eagles to win the SB and I hope Foles has a couple of good games and earns himself a starting job on another team. I liked him a lot at Arizona and have wanted to see him get a chance to start with a good OC coaching him

Go Nick! :D

On January 20, 2018 at 10:49 AM, Yehoodi said:

Hey there SW

Danny Amendola played an incredible especially that catch at the back on the end zone getting both feet down in bounds. It's the best game I've ever seen him play. To be honest with you, I had no desire to see the Jags in the SB. We know knew NE was gonna find a way to get to another SB. Congrats Foxboro fans. 

I wanted to see Minnesota go toe to toe with NE. I'm still shocked that HC Mike Zimmer's defense had a bad day at the office on Sunday. My condolences to all Vikings fans BTW. That was their best shot at a SB with no Aaron Rogers in the mix this yr IMO. 

I respect the Eagles defense,but I just can't see QB Nick Foles can put together another tremendous ariel attack personally. If I'm wrong, I will eat crow. I just think Carson could pull off an upset. Nick, on the other hand, no. 

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 4:00 PM, Chrisaaron1023 said:

TBH, Brady's little boo-boo was one of the most over-blown things (I refuse to call it an injury) I've ever seen in sports! Let's face it, it was a cut that did not really affect his ability to throw the ball with velocity & accuracy.  Like most other things, it was blown WAY out of proportion simply because of the player/team involved.

I have watched football for 40+ yrs and wish I had a dollar for every time I watched a guy play with a boo-boo...