Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

REPORT: Colts expected to hire McDaniels as HC, per NFL.com

Superman

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

Are we sure this is good news? Vrabel was the finalist for the Colts job and is highly regarded in the league. I realize he's not proven, but he might be an excellent coach for all we know. 

I’m taking it as good news. I believe Josh was our guy from the beginning and he chose us over the *. Vrabel was probably both of our Plan B’s. Personally he wouldn’t have even been on my radar. One year DC who presided over the worst defense in the league last year doesn’t exactly give me a ton of confidence. 

4 minutes ago, stitches said:

Are we sure this is good news? Vrabel was the finalist for the Colts job and is highly regarded in the league. I realize he's not proven, but he might be an excellent coach for all we know. 

I like that the AFC South is showing improvement.  Two playoff teams this year. Two other teams that could contend once their star QBs are healthy.  Competition is a good thing.  

I also like Vrabel and wish him the best, except for two games every year.

1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

I like that the AFC South is showing improvement.  Two playoff teams this year. Two other teams that could contend once their star QBs are healthy.  Competition is a good thing.  

Our Division will be good next season. No team may be below .500. I can see it bunched up with every team between 8-8 and 10-6.

1 minute ago, DarkHorse said:

It's all about the staff Josh puts together that I'm worried about.

Love his DC. I wasn’t impressed with the OC, but JM will be calling plays and everything I read about Peetz makes him sound really bright.  

Wish we we could have kept our DB coach though.  

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Texans lost Watt and Mercilus, those are huge losses. Having said that I would rather take my chances with Josh.

They were ranked dead last. If your a great dc, u can do better than dead last with that roster.

Once McDaniels is announced, hopefully the cringeworthy moments from the media(forever referencing the Colts/Pats rivalry from the past) will be avoided/end.  The fan base - same story.  Doyel?  Yes Gregg, this is the proper moment to end the clown show.  Once hired, McDaniels is a Colt. 

No successful NFL HC has ever been identified with a team he was an assistant for.  Is Belichick a Giant?  No. Is Bill Walsh a Bengal?  No.  If McDaniels succeeds here, he's a Colt.

If Peyton * Manning can become a Bronco, Josh McDaniels, an assistant coach, can become a Colt.

7 minutes ago, #12. said:

Once McDaniels is announced, hopefully the cringeworthy moments from the media(forever referencing the Colts/Pats rivalry from the past) will be avoided/end.  The fan base - same story.  Doyel?  Yes Gregg, this is the proper moment to end the clown show.  Once hired, McDaniels is a Colt. 

No successful NFL HC has ever been identified with a team he was an assistant for.  Is Belichick a Giant?  No. Is Bill Walsh a Bengal?  No.  If McDaniels succeeds here, he's a Colt.

If Peyton * Manning can become a Bronco, Josh McDaniels, an assistant coach, can become a Colt.

Doyel will probably put on his big red nose, red wig, and suit as we hire McDaniels.

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

Increased competition in the division isn't a good thing.  Good for entertainment purposes though.....

1 hour ago, MightyLucks said:

They were ranked dead last. If your a great dc, u can do better than dead last with that roster.

In addition to losing mercilus and watt to injury, they also lost Bouye in FA and Wilfork to retirement. The rest of that defensive roster is not impressive.  Throw in the fact that the offense became anemic after losing Watson, I can understand why they sucked.

Regarding Jimbo Irsay, people can say what they want to about him regarding being high = pills or booze/ or him not getting around well. Having said that, the old man still has it by hiring Ballard and being an influence getting McDaniels here to Coach us (assuming Josh comes). Keep in mind he had a huge influence on Drafting Peyton and Luck as well which have been 2 huge right decisions. He also hired Bill Polian in 1998 when he became owner. So the next time anyone decides to put our owner down or make fun of him, they should think twice. We have been damn lucky to have him! He hates to lose and loves the team and the fans.

-Since Jim has been our owner, the Colts have a 196-124 Regular Season record from 1998-2017 = 61.3 winning %. The Colts have also been to 4 AFC Title Games in his 20 season tenure as owner, 2 SB's, and have won a SB. By the way he has been our owner for 20 full seasons. Happy 20th Jim!

39 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Regarding Jimbo Irsay, people can say what they want to about him regarding being high = pills or booze/ or him not getting around well. Having said that, the old man still has it by hiring Ballard and being an influence getting McDaniels here to Coach us (assuming Josh comes). Keep in mind he had a huge influence on Drafting Peyton and Luck as well which have been 2 huge right decisions. He also hired Bill Polian in 1998 when he became owner. So the next time anyone decides to put our owner down or make fun of him, they should think twice. We have been damn lucky to have him! He hates to lose and loves the team and the fans.

-Since Jim has been our owner, the Colts have a 196-124 Regular Season record from 1998-2017 = 61.3 winning %. The Colts have also been to 4 AFC Title Games in his 20 season tenure as owner, 2 SB's, and have won a SB. By the way he has been our owner for 20 full seasons. Happy 20th Jim!

Exactly!

People from all over the state love Jim Irsay because he cares about Indiana and many of these people can relate to him.  He's got to be the most humble billionaire ever, no fake public facades with Jim Irsay.  Screw the haters.

4 hours ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

Yet everyone else in the media are saying it is practically a done deal that McDaniels will be our next Coach. If he doesn't come here, what's he going to do just stay in NE? This is the only guy saying it isn't close lmao. Maybe Gregg Doyel is his source lmao. Hey Tony if you are going to Tweet something like that, list your source otherwise nobody is buying this.

4 hours ago, IndyScribe said:

I think this is the correct status. Until a contract has been signed (and it obviously couldn’t be yet) some details could still be fluid. Some minor details most probably is still fluid, we have to remember that McDaniels is preoccupied with something else. The Tony dude probably overheard that they still need to sit done and agree on those last, minor details, and he extrapolated that the deal isn’t done yet. 

Well, it isn’t technically, but the probability is very high that it is a done deal in principle. 

One more thing: If you ask either side they are obligated to say that there is no deal at present. Please keep that in mind!

6 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

I think this is the correct status. Until a contract has been signed (and it obviously couldn’t be yet) some details could still be fluid. Some minor details most probably is still fluid, we have to remember that McDaniels is preoccupied with something else. The Tony dude probably overheard that they still need to sit done and agree on those last, minor details, and he extrapolated that the deal isn’t done yet. 

Well, it isn’t technically, but the probability is very high that it is a done deal in principle. 

One more thing: If you ask either side they are obligated to say that there is no deal at present. Please keep that in mind!

I CONCUR. I think its close but we cant finalize anything until McDaniels season is over. I am going by what guys like Adam Schefter and Ian Rapoport are saying over this Tony guy.

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I haven't listened to JMV lately but I wonder what he thinks. I do like his show but because of my schedule I rarely catch his show now. Donohue produces that show.

As of Friday, JMV said it was a lock. 

13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's not that impressive to win one Super Bowl with Manning and Luck at QB over the past twenty years. It's kind of a failure.

39 minutes ago, csmopar said:

As of Friday, JMV said it was a lock. 

From Boston writer Ben Volin:  “McDaniels’s coordinators will reportedly be Cowboys linebackers coach Matt Eberflus on defense and former Raiders quarterbacks coach Jake Peetz on offense. McDaniels’s younger brother, Ben, is an offensive analyst for the Bears, and it would not be surprising to see him join his brother in Indy.”

First I heard anything about his brother.

On 1/19/2018 at 1:27 PM, eseae said:

well, he is a Hippocrate:

That same year, according to former Colts GM Bill Polian, who served for years on the competition committee and is now an analyst for ESPN, several teams complained that the Patriots had videotaped signals of their coaches.

link to article:https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2015/9/8/9275617/patriots-cheating-spygate-deflategate-nfl-news-brady-belichick-goodell-steelers-evidence-cover-up

he's the right fit if you want to start spygate 3, that's is for sure.

Do you read what you type?

you're embarrasing yourself dude.