Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

REPORT: Colts expected to hire McDaniels as HC, per NFL.com

Superman

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. So happy we're getting McDaniels. Going to be a completely different offense and hopefully we can have a HC that can lead us to the SB before Luck's career is over. Looking forward to the future of this team. Last thing on the list, hopefully Luck is 100%.

9 minutes ago, Dirty Mudflaps said:

An article describing the Dallas defense leading into this season - could give us an idea of ideology/approach from Eberflus.   Lots of 4-2 and 3-3, man coverage, and limited blitzing.  Making the thought of Chubb at 3 more of a fit. 

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/09/07/sturm-breaking-defenses-need-make-splash

It would be nice if he could bring DeMarcus Lawrence with him while he's at it.

8 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Makes sense...considering the Colts completed not one, but two trades with NE...after many said the teams would never trade with each other.

He probably had his eye on McDaniels for a long time. Seems like Ballard is one bad mutha who plays the long game.

9 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I knew it would be McDaniels all along.

LOL

I swear.... I'm about to have to fight you...lol

4 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

I wonder if McDaniels will even have an OC. 

He will, but I think he'll still call the plays. A young up and commer would be ideal for that position. You want someone that's moldable and can grow into the role while McDaniels runs the show.

I'm hoping we get some experienced position coaches though. You really need veteran coaching experience somewhere in that building.

After reading the article about McDaniels failing in Denver and turning to Dungy, I had a gut feeling that he wanted to come to Indy.  Just from what I saw of his character in that article, Indy & it’s suburbs are a great place to raise a family. He’s a Midwest guy, from Ohio, I think this has been his dream job all along. I truly believe we could have had him last year if Irsay didn’t drag his feet chasing ghosts and ultimately settling on retaining Pagano. It’ll be nice to have an explosive offense again...  Let’s just hope we don’t have a Belichick Pats/Jets scenario happen...  :peek:

2 minutes ago, RealityIsLuck said:

So I'm assuming Eberflus will run a 3-4, correct?

After Ballard wanted to interview Richard and Wilks...I think it's almost a lock that the Colts will have a 4-3 base defense next season. And I am good with it.

There are some decent FAs available that fit that defense...which should help the transition.