Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jacksonville (+7) at Pittsburgh (1-14-18)

oldunclemark

11 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

The jags need to bully the small Patriots WRs

You ever notice that at least a few times during every Pats game a Pats receiver or Gronk are like wide aazz freaking open to the point it's laughable? And then you scratch your head as to how that dude is so open.........

:scratch:

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Jules said:

You ever notice that at least a few times during every Pats game a Pats receiver or Gronk are like wide aazz freaking open to the point it's laughable? And then you scratch your head as to how that dude is so open.........

:scratch:

Every time lol. None of them every have to make circus catches because they are always wide open! And their screens go for 10-15 every time too. They just do everything better i guess..

14 hours ago, buffalo34 said:

Congrats to the Patriots on their 3rd round bye as well!

(No, a Blake Bortles-led team isn't beating the Patriots in Foxboro).

(And yes, that defense will be torn apart as well).

Just like they were suppose to beat the Giants both times. 

I thought that was an awful coaching job by Tomlin... just awful. He has zero situational awareness and allowing his players to publicly look past Jacksonville was (obviously) a poor show of leadership (in fact, he set the example for it two months ago or whenever it was). 

I think the Jags will hold their own next week. Really this game is going to be on Bortles, because there's no way the Pats will let Fournette run all over them. It'll actually be a similar game-plan to what we just saw with Tennessee.

9 minutes ago, GoPats said:

I thought that was an awful coaching job by Tomlin... just awful. He has zero situational awareness and allowing his players to publicly look past Jacksonville was (obviously) a poor show of leadership (in fact, he set the example for it two months ago or whenever it was). 

I think the Jags will hold their own next week. Really this game is going to be on Bortles, because there's no way the Pats will let Fournette run all over them. It'll actually be a similar game-plan to what we just saw with Tennessee.

That's my exact thinking on this game. Bortles was more or less trash against the Bills, and the Steelers I think lost that game more than the Jaguars won it.

Not to mention, that defense has been exposed in recent weeks. Not just the Steelers, but the 49ers dropped 40 on them too, so I see them as no threat at all to the Patriots.

When the Patriots get to the Super Bowl, the gameplan is going to be the same again, either have Case Keenum or Nick Foles beat you. Outside of Keenum's lucky throw at the end he didn't play all that great. Kept throwing off his back foot and made plenty of poor decisions. I'm surprised he was only picked off once the entire game. I'm sure both QBs would play like garbage and leave their defenses out to dry.

I was pretty much relying on the Saints at this point, and that New England's toughest path to the Super Bowl would be through Kansas City and Pittsburgh. But all three teams combined to choke as hard as Atlanta last year.

So, who will the Patriots be hosting next year when they open on Thursday Night? Your home opponents are the Jets, Bills, Dolphins, Packers, Vikings, Texans, Colts, and Chiefs.

21 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

That's my exact thinking on this game. Bortles was more or less trash against the Bills, and the Steelers I think lost that game more than the Jaguars won it.

Not to mention, that defense has been exposed in recent weeks. Not just the Steelers, but the 49ers dropped 40 on them too, so I see them as no threat at all to the Patriots.

When the Patriots get to the Super Bowl, the gameplan is going to be the same again, either have Case Keenum or Nick Foles beat you. Outside of Keenum's lucky throw at the end he didn't play all that great. Kept throwing off his back foot and made plenty of poor decisions. I'm surprised he was only picked off once the entire game. I'm sure both QBs would play like garbage and leave their defenses out to dry.

I was pretty much relying on the Saints at this point, and that New England's toughest path to the Super Bowl would be through Kansas City and Pittsburgh. But all three teams combined to choke as hard as Atlanta last year.

So, who will the Patriots be hosting next year when they open on Thursday Night? Your home opponents are the Jets, Bills, Dolphins, Packers, Vikings, Texans, Colts, and Chiefs.

The Jaguars are capable of holding the Patriots to 20 points or less, if they game-plan and execute well. Then if you're Jacksonville you hope for a turnover or two that allows you to put some easy points up. It'll all depend on whether or not they can get to Brady while rushing just four. Don't discount Coughlin's role with Jacksonville... he knows the formula and if he has the players to pull it off, they could make it very tough for Brady. 

Minnesota and Philly are fairly similar. But I think it benefits the Patriots that the three remaining teams aren't as familiar with them (and vice-versa). 

Anything can happen... I certainly didn't see the Patriots losing to the Jets in the 2010 divisional round, or the year before (same round) versus the Ravens. No one really did. So you never really know what'll happen. 

6 minutes ago, GoPats said:

The Jaguars are capable of holding the Patriots to 20 points or less, if they game-plan and execute well. Then if you're Jacksonville you hope for a turnover or two that allows you to put some easy points up. It'll all depend on whether or not they can get to Brady while rushing just four. Don't discount Coughlin's role with Jacksonville... he knows the formula and if he has the players to pull it off, they could make it very tough for Brady. 

Minnesota and Philly are fairly similar. But I think it benefits the Patriots that the three remaining teams aren't as familiar with them (and vice-versa). 

Anything can happen... I certainly didn't see the Patriots losing to the Jets in the 2010 divisional round, or the year before (same round) versus the Ravens. No one really did. So you never really know what'll happen. 

That Jets loss in 2010 is still the most shocking loss. The Patriots were 14-2 and pretty much rolled through the year. Didn't turn the ball over for like 10 straight games or something (they had that fumble in that meaningless game against the Dolphins in Week 17). Everything went right for them that season. I didn't even want them to play the Jets that round (given the 45-3 MNF destruction a month prior), I thought their toughest opponent in the divisional round would be Baltimore, and then I was holding out hope for Peyton in the AFCCG.

I wasn't so shocked by the loss to Baltimore the prior year though. That was one of the more weaker Patriots teams of this run. The Ravens also came into Foxboro during the regular season and grinded them down to the last play. I think the Ravens lost that game after a 4th down pass bounced off Clayton's chest. By the time they met in the playoffs I thought the Patriots had regressed from that point in the season as well. Even if the Patriots got by the Ravens they had much tougher opponents up ahead in the Chargers and Colts, both of which they'd have to play on the road as well.

1 minute ago, buffalo34 said:

I wasn't so shocked by the loss to Baltimore the prior year though. That was one of the more weaker Patriots teams of this run. The Ravens also came into Foxboro during the regular season and grinded them down to the last play. I think the Ravens lost that game after a 4th down pass bounced off Clayton's chest. By the time they met in the playoffs I thought the Patriots had regressed from that point in the season as well. Even if the Patriots got by the Ravens they had much tougher opponents up ahead in the Chargers and Colts, both of which they'd have to play on the road as well.

I think the key to that game was that it wasn't really clear, at the time, if they would be OK without Welker, who had been injured the final week of the season at Houston (ACL tear). They obviously weren't, lol... and Ray Rice took the opening handoff like 80 yards... nightmare right from the start.