Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jacksonville (+7) at Pittsburgh (1-14-18)

oldunclemark

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

What’s with the “supposed” Colts fans on here cheering for the Jags & imagining Luck playing for them?  We really do have some different kind of fans around here...  Fakers or something.  Doesn’t make sense to me.  This Jags run will only boost their confidence and make them a more formidable foe in the future...  I’ll never cheer for that.

I don't want Jacksonville to beata us but I saw the Jacksonville defense give up 500 yards and 42 points...to a really good QB.

We have a really good QB

13 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

What’s with the “supposed” Colts fans on here cheering for the Jags & imagining Luck playing for them?  We really do have some different kind of fans around here...  Fakers or something.  Doesn’t make sense to me.  This Jags run will only boost their confidence and make them a more formidable foe in the future...  I’ll never cheer for that.

I think you get me wrong. I want the AFC South to not be the laughing stock of the NFL. I have been a very loyal Colts fan since probably before you were born. So my only thought is that if the Colts had the Jags roster and Andrew Luck, think of the possibilities.

21 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Hey. I guess you might be referring to me. I should turn this around. If the Colts would have the Jags roster and Andrew Luck it would be awesome. I am a true Colts fan. Let's be clear about that.

19 minutes ago, Buddy Lee said:

I think you get me wrong. I want the AFC South to not be the laughing stock of the NFL. I have been a very loyal Colts fan since probably before you were born. So my only thought is that if the Colts had the Jags roster and Andrew Luck, think of the possibilities.

I agree.  There defense is the real deal despite giving up a lot of points today.  I just can’t speak so glowingly of them.  I felt the same way a couple years ago about the Texans and their D when Watt was rolling.  Give Luck a defense like either and you’ve got a dynasty...

I get it.  It was just too much praise for a team I view as our biggest threat to us becoming a dynasty.  The Jags have played us tough recently. Put up 50 plus and shut us out at home.  But the days of the AFC South being laughingstocks is over.  This year certified that.  I just don’t want them getting too much confidence.  

I truly believe winning early in his career is what propelled Brady to the heights he’s attained.  Once you’ve been to the mountain top and won 3 times in your first 5 years, no moment is ever too big for you anymore...  

31 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Fire Tomlin now damn it, fire him now I says lmao I wonder if Pitt fans are like that.

They should be...that was a horribly coached game even by Tomlin's standards. Even a jamoke like me knows without even thinking about it that when you are down 10 with no timeouts and you complete a pass to the opponent's 10 yard line with 45 seconds left, you kick the field goal and give yourself a chance to get the onside kick and score the tying TD. Instead, they killed the remaining 45 seconds putting it into the end zone for a meaningless TD and never gave themselves a chance...that is embarrassing and Tomlin should be fired.

2 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

I agree.  There defense is the real deal despite giving up a lot of points today.  I just can’t speak so glowingly of them.  I felt the same way a couple years ago about the Texans and their D when Watt was rolling.  Give Luck a defense like either and you’ve got a dynasty...

I get it.  It was just too much praise for a team I view as our biggest threat to us becoming a dynasty.  The Jags have played us tough recently. Put up 50 plus and shut us out at home.  But the days of the AFC South being laughingstocks is over.  This year certified that.  I just don’t want them getting too much confidence.  

I truly believe winning early early in his career is what propelled Brady to the heights he’s attained.  Once you’ve been to the mountain top and won 3 times in your first 5 years, no moment is ever too big for you anymore...  

I am 100% in agreement with you. The Jags will be a big challenge for us. I hope Chris Ballard is our saviour. I really do. We need to get our roster to be able to compete with the Jags. I'm all in for that.

9 minutes ago, Bad Morty said:

They should be...that was a horribly coached game even by Tomlin's standards. Even a jamoke like me knows without even thinking about it that when you are down 10 with no timeouts and you complete a pass to the opponent's 10 yard line with 45 seconds left, you kick the field goal and give yourself a chance to get the onside kick and score the tying TD. Instead, they killed the remaining 45 seconds putting it into the end zone for a meaningless TD and never gave themselves a chance...that is embarrassing and Tomlin should be fired.

Yeah it wasn't his best day that is for sure. I don't think he should be fired having said that. Anytime you are in the Divisional Round your team has had a Good season, Very Good is obviously the Final 4, SB is Great, and winning it all = Champion. I guess for the Steelers losing at home to a Blake Bortles team is Bad for them. Jacks came to play much like the Colts did at Denver a couple of years ago though to make the Final 4.

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Why? they can't even put pressure on Bortles let alone Brady. The jags can at least get to him and that's how you win 

You're being too narrow minded. Over the course of pats steelers games, they have always been tough and close, even this year. You're judging one bad game over an entire season or career. Teams play other teams differently based on familiarity. Why are divisional games always harder than non-divisional games? Because of familiarity. Its not unheard of nor is even close to a controversial statement. 

Just now, Narcosys said:

You're being too narrow minded. Over the course of pats steelers games, they have always been tough and close, even this year. You're judging one bad game over an entire season or career. Teams play other teams differently based on familiarity. Why are divisional games always harder than non-divisional games? Because of familiarity. Its not unheard of nor is even close to a controversial statement. 

Everyone doubts JAX but they can win if they run the ball down their throat and get to Brady 

1 hour ago, Smoke317 said:

Leaving Luck out of this, it's all about taking the Pats down. Forget the overachieving, paper champ Steelers. They're worse than the Packers at blowing it in the playoffs. I'm over them. They lost a game they were favored to win and the Jags won 2 that they weren't favored to win. They don't have a ring, it's not like they've beat the Colts around, I mean dang. Go Jags for the next 2 weeks. There's nothing fraudulent about that if you're a Colts fan.

9 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

Leaving Luck out of this, it's all about taking the Pats down. Forget the overachieving, paper champ Steelers. They're worse than the Packers at blowing it in the playoffs. I'm over them. They lost a game they were favored to win and the Jags won 2 that they weren't favored to win. They don't have a ring, it's not like they've beat the Colts around, I mean dang. Go Jags for the next 2 weeks. There's nothing fraudulent about that if you're a Colts fan.

If Jags beat Pats, maybe we can get McDaniels in here quicker.  I’ll take that.  But I won’t be cheering for them in the Super Bowl EVER.  NEVER EVER.  And they have beat us around more so than most but the Pats & Steelers.  

50 plus and a shutout loss at home is getting beat around all too well.  Granted Luck didn’t play but even our record vs them with Luck isn’t that great.  They have proven to be a bigger personal rival for Luck than the rest of our division...

A perfect scenario is them knocking Brady out next week and getting the win.  We get McDaniels as HC without the stain of him having lost to the Jags under normal circumstances.  Nobody could fault him for losing a tough game with Brian Hoyer.  Then the Jags go to the Super Bowl and get blown out by 60 and suffer the Super Bowl loser hangover next year...  :D

20 minutes ago, ColtsGermany said:

That's what i thought, too. 

Jaguars don't have the offense to win against NE. The only team left that could beat the pats are the saints (if they can come back nowO.o

Vikings have the best chance of beating the Pats.  And I’d actually like to see them pull it off.  Where you from in Germany?  You don’t beat the Pats with just a great offense.  You need a complete team effort.  Offense, defense, and special teams.  

Vikings have the best balance remaining.  Don’t sleep on Coughlin’s experience of limiting Brady with the Giants.  He’s got the players on defense for the Jags to give him a rough time.

4 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

If Jags beat Pats, maybe we can get McDaniels in here quicker.  I’ll take that.  But I won’t be cheering for them in the Super Bowl EVER.  NEVER EVER.  And they have beat us around more so than most but the Pats & Steelers.  

50 plus and a shutout loss at home is getting beat around all too well.  Granted Luck didn’t play but even our record vs them with Luck isn’t that great.  They have proven to be a bigger personal rival for Luck than the rest of our division...

A perfect scenario is them knocking Brady out next week and getting the win.  We get McDaniels as HC without the stain of him having lost to the Jags under normal circumstances.  Nobody could fault him for losing a tough game with Brian Hoyer.  Then the Jags go to the Super Bowl and get blown out by 60 and suffer the Super Bowl loser hangover next year...  :D

I was also leaving the last few years out of this. Did Luck even play in any of those games? If a good team puts 50 on you you hate them, if the Jags anytime between now and Del Rio put 50 on you it's time to look in the mirror and go over some things. The Colts were a little late but they're doing that now pretty much.

Big Ben is a low character loser.  Did you see him throw his coach under the bus again with them never calling a QB sneak???  You’re a HoF QB you lame. As if you don’t have the ability to tell the coach you’re gonna sneak on 4th & a foot.  This guy is the perfect embodiment of why the Steelers underperform...  Because their leader can’t ever hold himself accountable. Seeing this guy’s character on display makes it really easy to believe the dirty things in his past are true.  Big Ben is complete loser.  100%.

one thing they won’t do is run all over New England nor will Bortles run away they will spy him just like mariota. But if thier def can return some turnovers on Brady they have a chance but I’m sure Brady is gonna motion nonstop to beat that pass rush and those backs are gonna catch all over them 

Bortles playoff losses - 0

Brady playoff losses - 9

Never thought I'd see Bortles make it to the AFCCG.

I want the Jags to win, but I doubt it. If it turns into a shootout, you can bet Belichick won't make the dumb playcalling decisions on 4th down that the Steelers made. 

Very doubtful the Jags beat the Patriots. It was just a week ago the Jags looked like hell vs. the Bills and how soon people forget. THE BILLS. 

Steelers defense was A JOKE today. Mike Tomlin is such an overrated postseason coach it's maddening ever year. I give mad props to Ben though at times since the dude is a seriously good competitor........he don't quit.

This postseason might have been more interesting in the AFC if the Ravens or Chargers got in but they didn't so it is what it is. I don't think the Chiefs would have held up in round 2 in Foxboro either.

Doesn't even bother me with the Pats at times anymore since the Colts are not a factor and the Pats are kind of like the Michael Jordan Bulls now......you just have to ride the wave until Brady retires.