stitches

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

My guess is that his coordinators are already locked up, if Ballard has an agreement with him. The Colts can't announce them because McDaniels isn't hired yet.

If i recall correctly, many fans thought part of the issue with Grigson is he had too much say in Pagano's staff.  If that's true, why would anyone want Ballard repeating that mistake?

1 minute ago, Roger said:

You want a coach who accepts Cutler's "I don't care" attitude? I don't.

Fair enough. I just think it was the wrong thing to do at that time.  

The Broncos are lucky that they fell into Manning and finally won.  Otherwise that'd still be considered a terrible gaffe.  

That being said, Broncos fans still consider McDaniels satan.

Just now, OffensivelyPC said:

If i recall correctly, many fans thought part of the issue with Grigson is he had too much say in Pagano's staff.  If that's true, why would anyone want Ballard repeating that mistake?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. I was saying that McDaniels has a list of candidates for OC/DC that he discussed with Ballard. Ballard was responsible for bringing them in and giving them a contract. Because McDaniels isn't hired yet, the names can't be made public. He just made an agreement ahead of time so everything falls into place if/once McDaniels is the hire.

5 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

I'm more concerned about that because the success of the Colts hinges on Luck.  

I will admit Cutler was/is no where as talented as Andrew though.

I meant to say your McDaniels/cutler criticism isn't legitimate.  He may have been a pro bowler,  but he is kind of a turd.

1 minute ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Yeah that's a huge issue for me.  

Why hire a HC if you're making all his personnel decisions?   

Main reason why I dislike Grigson. If Ballard does the same, I'll dislike him too.

2 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

The Broncos are lucky that they fell into Manning and finally won.  Otherwise that'd still be considered a terrible gaffe.  

Yeah but if he comes bearing gifts, i.e. WINS then he becomes Santa...:lol:

Just now, IndyScribe said:

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. I was saying that McDaniels has a list of candidates for OC/DC that he discussed with Ballard. Ballard was responsible for bringing them in and giving them a contract. Because McDaniels isn't hired yet, the names can't be made public. He just made an agreement ahead of time so everything falls into place if/once McDaniels is the hire.

Maybe I hung onto "locked up" to literally. 

2 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

How many SBs did Cutler bring Chicago?

3 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

Broncos would have won with Brock.  Manning played poorly in the Super Bowl.

22 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

I don't want him because he failed in Denver and fought with Cutler.  

That's a legitimate reason.

It's well known and documented that Jay Cutler is a HUGE pain in the a%$.

8 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Fighting with/trading cutler 

It all stimmed from McDaniels attempting to trade Cutler to NE for Matt Cassell, who was the highly sought after Brady backup at the time. The trade fell through, Cutler pitched a fit about it, and was a locker room cancer until he was traded to Chicago for Kyle Orton and a handful of picks.

I don't believe McDaniels is blameless in how all of that transpired, but I wouldn't use that a legitimate reason for not wanting to hire him.

4 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

How many SBs did Cutler bring Chicago?

Zero. Never said he was great.  

Definitely good for a short period of time.  

It was the wrong decision in the time that they made it.  

You never know what would have happened had they kept Cutler though.

3 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

Yeah that's a huge issue for me.  

Why hire a HC if you're making all his personnel decisions?   

Main reason why I dislike Grigson. If Ballard does the same, I'll dislike him too.

I don't think there was any proof Grigson was making those decisions.

1 hour ago, ricker182 said:

Stunk in St. Louis too.  

As much as I hate to say it, Brady and BB are what drive that team to success. Brady can run that offense without an OC. McDaniels is  just a formality in my opinion.

Have you seen that St. Louis roster? I doubt anyone could work with that.

Just now, Roger said:

That's probably true, but the year they lost the SB, Manning was awesome and carried the team.  

We know all too well Peyton struggled to win in the playoffs (whether bad luck or poor performance).

4 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

Zero. Never said he was great.  

Definitely goodfor a short period of time.  

It was the wrong decision in the time that they made it.  

You never know what would have happened had they kept Cutler though.

That was a great trade for the Broncos. They got 2 ones and a third, plus Kyle orton for cutler.

Just now, ricker182 said:

That's probably true, but the year they lost the SB, Manning was awesome and carried the team.  

We know all too well Peyton struggled to win in the playoffs (whether bad luck or poor performance).

He had one of his best seasons, but he stunk it up in the Super Bowl.  Remember that snap wizzing past his helmet?  It went downhill from there.

Mentioning Cutler as the fall for Mcdaniels, is well and all, but NOBODY seemed to like that guy in Denver. I don't believe you just stop becoming azzhole if you are one, which seemed like Mcdaniels bigger issue than anything X's and O's or personnel related. The time you change is between 20 & 30, not 30 & 40.  If he comes here, I hope to God it was just a chemical imbalance in Denver.

23 minutes ago, Roger said:

No they wouldn't of won it with Brock because they never would've got by NE without Peyton. That is so clear and it's amazing how people overlook that. I don't want to hear how Brock beat NE in the Regular Season either. Postseason is way different. Peyton's presence in that AFC Title Game and him getting Denver the lead was critical. Brock would've crapped his drawers against BB in a Title Game.

14 minutes ago, RealityIsLuck said:

Don't think Toub would come here just to be our special teams coach, but if he did get this it would be amazing.

I think the Chiefs can also block Toub because it'd just be a lateral move.

4 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

It’s hard to say what’s going to happen until some of these other coaching jobs are filled. It seems like all of them have their eye on the same candidates. Who’s going to blink first?

From what I've read, the Colts have different candidates. Giants want Patricia, Cardinals is up in the air, and the Colts want McDaniels. Not really any overlap.

Wow... think the writers at Roto are high on Schotty? Ha!!

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Seahawks are expected to hire Brian Schottenheimer as offensive coordinator.

We were optimistic about the future of the Seahawks' offense when reports emerged they were willing to embrace a college-style scheme to suit Russell Wilson's strengths. Instead, Seattle has opted for a proven-failed offensive mind in Marty's son. An utmost example of the NFL's rampant nepotism, Brian Schottenheimer flamed out in previous stints coordinating offenses with the Jets, Rams, and University of Georgia. He spent the last two seasons coaching quarterbacks for the Colts. It's good news for the rest of the NFC West.

Good Job Ballard, keep cleaning house by not signing these bums....:applause:

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No they wouldn't of won it with Brock because they never would've got by NE without Peyton. That is so clear and it's amazing how people overlook that. I don't want to hear how Brock beat NE in the Regular Season either. Postseason is way different. Peyton's presence in that AFC Title Game and him getting Denver the lead was critical. Brock would've crapped his drawers against BB in a Title Game.

I disagree. Manning stunk at the end, in my opinion.  But everyone has their own and that's OK.

3 minutes ago, Roger said:

I disagree. Manning stunk at the end, in my opinion.  But everyone has their own and that's OK.

Yeah we will just have disagree on that one. I wasn't putting your opinion down but I just disagree. I just think Peyton played a solid game in the AFC Title Game and I cant picture Brock beating Tom Brady in a game of that magnitude.

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Why couldn't he have beaten them again?

10 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Wow... think the writers at Roto are high on Schotty? Ha!!

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Seahawks are expected to hire Brian Schottenheimer as offensive coordinator.

We were optimistic about the future of the Seahawks' offense when reports emerged they were willing to embrace a college-style scheme to suit Russell Wilson's strengths. Instead, Seattle has opted for a proven-failed offensive mind in Marty's son. An utmost example of the NFL's rampant nepotism, Brian Schottenheimer flamed out in previous stints coordinating offenses with the Jets, Rams, and University of Georgia. He spent the last two seasons coaching quarterbacks for the Colts. It's good news for the rest of the NFC West.

Good Job Ballard, keep cleaning house by not signing these bums....:applause:

Next time you wonder why so many athletes and others who make their living in sports don't like fans.......... 

Remember your post here.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah we will just have disagree on that one. I wasn't putting your opinion down but I just disagree. I just think Peyton played a solid game in the AFC Title Game and I cant picture Brock beating Tom Brady in a game of that magnitude.

Denver defense beat Brady. Not Manning.

2 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Why couldn't he have beaten them again?

You really think Brock would've beat BB and Tom Brady in an AFC Title Game? Also Peyton played Good in that game, didn't turn it over, and got them an early 7-0 lead. I just don't see it with Brock. That would've been Brock's 1st ever Championship Game. I just think he would've been shaky and BB wouldn't have respected him like he did Peyton. There was a couple of times in that game where BB went for it on 4th down instead of taking the sure 3. He did it because he feared Peyton.

58 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Have you seen that St. Louis roster? I doubt anyone could work with that.

Shurmur did well as OC with the same roster the year before McD got there. Shurmur made Bradford rookie of the year. This is why Shurmur was my #1. He got the best out of all his QBs. McD is still a bright mind. That's why he's my number 2

51 minutes ago, LSD9402 said:

Mentioning Cutler as the fall for Mcdaniels, is well and all, but NOBODY seemed to like that guy in Denver. I don't believe you just stop becoming azzhole if you are one, which seemed like Mcdaniels bigger issue than anything X's and O's or personnel related. The time you change is between 20 & 30, not 30 & 40.  If he comes here, I hope to God it was just a chemical imbalance in Denver.

Eeeek. A complete 180 of Chucky P could soon be in our future. Just hope it results in (a lot of) wins.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

As of now I am on the McDaniels bandwagon. We could do a lot worse like Tom Cable and some of the other names that have been thrown around.

Raiders hired Cable so don't have to worry about him.