stitches

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Dr. T said:

Is Kris Richard's contract up? If not, like Vrabel, we would have to offer him an Assistant HC title in addition to DC to make it a promotion.

I think Richard was let go. But as far as I know, Toub is still under contract with KC. Dont see him leaving unless its HC

5 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

The troll Brad Wells is the guy who first said this way back when, didn't believe it, but Luke Dunlevy while not super well known is pretty respectable. I don't think he'd just be spouting off lies.

Explains the no invite for Toub.

...and as a general hiring principle, I don't like it.  Just hire the best candidate, regardless of age.  The average run of NFL head coach is short anyway, even for the successful ones.  Dungy only spent 7 years here.  You could hire Pete Carroll or Arians tomorrow, and in terms of age, it wouldn't matter.

1 minute ago, stitches said:

He (Kris Richards) was relieved of his duties as Seattle DC along with all their coordinators. 

If that's so, then Richards would be my top choice for DC. He's young, an aggressive play caller and helped manage the Legion of Boom. If he is chosen as DC, that might also mean that Minkah Fitzpatrick may be in play for the #3 draft pick. Can you imagine Fitz, Quincy and Hooker in the same backfield?!

If McDaniels gets it, I’ll TRY to give him a chance.  Who knows?  Maybe he’s grown and isn’t the jackwagon he was in Denver.  And maybe he wasn’t included in BB’s intricate cheating schemes, most of which we’ll never hear about.  And maybe he could have been successful in NE without all of BB’s cheating...wow, it’ll be hard to give him a chance...

15 minutes ago, csmopar said:

And if McDaniels chooses the Giants?

Then we may be in bad shape or choose Vrabel, lol. Hopefully, if we are interested in McDaniels, there's already a mutual agreement for him to sign when the Pats lose or win the SB. I don't know if we can afford to lose him and wait that long as well.

2 minutes ago, Dr. T said:

If that's so, then Richards would be my top choice for DC. He's young, an aggressive play caller and helped manage the Legion of Boom. If he is chosen as DC, that might also mean that Minkah Fitzpatrick may be in play for the #3 draft pick. Can you imagine Fitz, Quincy and Hooker in the same backfield?!

lol heck yes and besides we are already getting our own little legion of boom going with hooker desir and hopefully a resigned Melvin 

47 minutes ago, Dr. T said:

Why can't we have both?

McDaniels: HC

Vrabel: Assistant HC and DC

AND keep Shotty for the OC

:rock:

30 minutes ago, stitches said:

HC: McDaniels

DC: Vrabel

OC: Schottenheimer

ST: Toub

Vrabel can't make a lateral move unless the Texans allow him to and I don't see them letting us poach their DC. Even elevating him to AHC doesn't make a difference in our ability to steal him. You're either a Head Coach or an Assistant Coach when it comes to that rule. Same thing with Toub.

Based on Ballards hire of a few ex seahawk execs and the positional players he has drafted, I think his ultimate goal/desire would be for Colts to intiate a cover 3 defense similar to seattles. I think having an offense like NE's and a defense like seattle would be hands down impressive if it could be obtained

3 minutes ago, Archer said:

If McDaniels gets it, I’ll TRY to give him a chance.  Who knows?  Maybe he’s grown and isn’t the jackwagon he was in Denver.  And maybe he wasn’t included in BB’s intricate cheating schemes, most of which we’ll never hear about.  And maybe he could have been successful in NE without all of BB’s cheating...wow, it’ll be hard to give him a chance...

If Belichick himself were hired as Colts HC, I guaranty you that Colts fans would forget about "cheating".

2 minutes ago, Shive said:

Vrabel can't make a lateral move unless the Texans allow him to and I don't see them letting us poach their DC. Even elevating him to AHC doesn't make a difference in our ability to steal him. You're either a Head Coach or an Assistant Coach when it comes to that rule. Same thing with Toub.

Not sure why you quoted me? I just meant you'd need a good DC with Vrabel as HC too. Wasn't talking about getting Vrabel as DC.

5 minutes ago, Shive said:

Thanks. Didn't know that. :Cry:

3 minutes ago, Shive said:

Could they just give him a special title like, I don't know, Lebeau had?

Regardless, I'm sure he's a genuine head coaching candidate.

12 minutes ago, Archer said:

That’s exactly how I feel.  Tough to want him but realize the likelihood of it happening.   

1 hour ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I don't really want our next HC's best trait to be "a leader of men." And that seems like his best trait by far. 

I don't know.  That seems like the FIRST qualification I'd look for with this team at this time.  

I don't think that was Chuck's strength at all.  I think he was well liked, but that's different.

5 minutes ago, GhostofJohnnyU said:

I don't know.  That seems like the FIRST qualification I'd look for with this team at this time.  

I don't think that was Chuck's strength at all.  I think he was well liked, but that's different.

That's a fair response. I agree about the Chuck comment.

Vrabel still just doesn't intrigue me at all. I don't see much upside to the actual strategic side of things, once it comes to gameplanning, on-field decisions, clock management.

16 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Based on Ballards hire of a few ex seahawk execs and the positional players he has drafted, I think his ultimate goal/desire would be for Colts to intiate a cover 3 defense similar to seattles. I think having an offense like NE's and a defense like seattle would be hands down impressive if it could be obtained

Would love McDaniels or Shurmur  as HC with Rishard as DC. Rishard helped coach up the legion of boom and with another talented piece at CB this team could move towards that level.