Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ian Rapoport: Colts coaching search down to McDaniels or Vrabel

stitches

12 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I knew McDaniels would not sign with Indy.

Kept saying all day yesterday McDaniels wanted to go to Tennessee and that they would fire Mularkey.

First Nagy rejects Colts. Wilks declines to Interview. Rhule withdraws his name. Now McDaniels looks to go to Tennessee.

I know he has much love on this forum, but I believe Irsay is the reason we can't sign a coach.

Listen Brad, we get you’re a full time pessimist, no one’s amused. Your being right % is worse than the Colts win % from the 2017 season, just stop it.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, backshoulderfade said:

One would hope that the situation with Mularkey would turn McDaniels off the Titans. Poor management of the situation from their ownership. For all Jim Irsay's faults, he is loyal and acts with integrity in these situations.

Could be that they fired Mularkey because they have an agreement in for McDaniels. Similar to how the Raiders fires Del Rio knowing that theyd  hire Gruden. 

6 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

There is a lot of pie in the sky feelings on this board. I don't conform to the kumbaya crowd.

Just hoping Ballard can find us a decent head coach. There are still several good directions this team couild turn.

I wasnt sold on McDaniels anyways. Seems unlikable guy.

I would love wins...don't really care about a coach's likability. 

Just now, DraftMaster said:

We need New England to lose so that we can hire McDaniels before he is interviewed...

McDaniels could always put the job offer on hold and accept an interview from the Titans, especially if he likes both jobs equally. Ballard can offer him a job, but it's up to McDaniels to accept it.

Just now, 1959Colts said:

Why so much love for McDaniels.

It's better if we don't get him.

we are not exactly flooded with great candidates

who do you like and why? SM runs an efficient offense that keeps his QBs out of trouble, thats what  i think we need 

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Why so much hate for Irsay?

I don't hate Irsay at all.

Just feel he is the reason for the franchises many errors and mistakes of late.

I believe he is the single biggest reason the team has no respect across the country.

1 minute ago, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

Reading your posts it’s clear you don’t know football.  Look at that game Saturday and you’ll understand why everyone wants him.  He’s a great offensive coach.

Because Tony Romo was blowing his horn Saturday?

Just now, 1959Colts said:

I don't hate Irsay at all.

Just feel he is the reason for the franchises many errors and mistakes of late.

I believe he is the single biggest reason the team has no respect across the country.

Every quote I've seen or heard from various owners and executives, and even some players, around the league, is the exact opposite of your supposition here......  Irsay is well respected in league circles, remember wealthy and powerful people tend to like other wealthy and powerful folks, and tend to have skeletons in the closet..... 

1 minute ago, 1959Colts said:

Because Tony Romo was blowing his horn Saturday?

When in a debate it really helps to use facts and not rely on opinions and conspiracy theories. Use facts if you want to be taken more seriously. 

34 minutes ago, azcolt said:

Franchise QB? You can’t be talking about the guy who spent a couple months at Lourdes taking the Holy Water treatments on his shoulder? You must be referring to Mariota.

Irsay and Ballard seemed pretty confident he'll play again at the press conference.