Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ian Rapoport: Colts coaching search down to McDaniels or Vrabel

stitches

48 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Wow... think the writers at Roto are high on Schotty? Ha!!

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Seahawks are expected to hire Brian Schottenheimer as offensive coordinator.

We were optimistic about the future of the Seahawks' offense when reports emerged they were willing to embrace a college-style scheme to suit Russell Wilson's strengths. Instead, Seattle has opted for a proven-failed offensive mind in Marty's son. An utmost example of the NFL's rampant nepotism, Brian Schottenheimer flamed out in previous stints coordinating offenses with the Jets, Rams, and University of Georgia. He spent the last two seasons coaching quarterbacks for the Colts. It's good news for the rest of the NFC West.

Good Job Ballard, keep cleaning house by not signing these bums....:applause:

Schottenheimer wasn't a great OC, but he's been a fantastic QB coach. I wouldn't call him a bum in the role he's been in.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I’m more worried that the desirable OC/DC will be gone more so if we are going to miss our head coach. Play calling is an art. The rythem and feeling that comes with it and being in sync with your qb and offense is going is a science. Honestly I think we suffered as much from that more so then Chucks leadership at the top. The HC is the figure head the leader and does influence the game plan a lot but few call plays so I think you can’t underestimate that at all. Guess time will tell...hopefully we have some silent agreements in place already.

6 minutes ago, #12. said:

As if I needed another reason to root against them.  

What would it take, though?  Minus 5 in turnovers might do it.

If the entire Patriots starting offense falls into a sinkhole on the way to the stadium the Titans might have a punchers chance.

1 minute ago, corgi said:

If the entire Patriots starting offense falls into a sinkhole on the way to the stadium the Titans might have a punchers chance.

I think if the Titans can run the ball and score tds and keep the ball away and let Mariota run the ball they have a shot...oh and Tom probably get hurt but yeah it’s a long shot.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think if the Titans can run the ball and score tds and keep the ball away and let Mariota run the ball they have a shot...oh and Tom probably get hurt but yeah it’s a long shot.

Yeah, so much has to go right for the Titans to win, and even more stuff has to go wrong for the Patriots to lose. Though I will admit that stranger things have happened.

1 hour ago, LSD9402 said:

Mentioning Cutler as the fall for Mcdaniels, is well and all, but NOBODY seemed to like that guy in Denver. I don't believe you just stop becoming azzhole if you are one, which seemed like Mcdaniels bigger issue than anything X's and O's or personnel related. The time you change is between 20 & 30, not 30 & 40.  If he comes here, I hope to God it was just a chemical imbalance in Denver.

Really? No one changes between 30 and 40? Change only takes place between 20 and 30? Come on, that's ridiculous. You have zilch to back up that statement.

2 hours ago, ricker182 said:

I don't want him because he failed in Denver and fought with Cutler.  

That's a legitimate reason.

Because he fought with Cutler? Lol. Wow, that's a pretty terrible reason. Clearly McDaniels didn't succeed in Denver but that was 8 years ago. At some point, people have to let that go and focus on what he's done recently.

11 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yes- agreed.  

Above calling and playing pretty much a flawless/ penalty free game, it will be a matter of keeping the ball out of Tom's hands.  Much like PM used to do, Tom is capable of scoring quickly and often so just having a lead will not be a safe situation for the Titans.

9 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

If this is true I’ll take vrabel.  He sounds like a real leader.   It may be early for him to be an hc but they can get the right oc and dc for that support.  

I worry that McDaniels can’t hold a team together when the it hits the fan. 

Agreed. Can't even hold Chuck's axe

8 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

Yes- agreed.  

Above calling and playing pretty much a flawless/ penalty free game, it will be a matter of keeping the ball out of Tom's hands.  Much like PM used to do, Tom is capable of scoring quickly and often so just having a lead will not be a safe situation for the Titans.

Titans just can’t fall behind much because they aren’t built to come back. Run it with Henry, get those safe short throws to Walker and have lots of roll outs for Marcus so he can pass run and keep chains moving. Who knows a lucky break Gronk or Cooks goes down its a different game....grind it out. Still long shot though...longest of anyone playing this weekend.

I thought about the odds of the Pats losing to the Titans(or anyone) and realized this:  the people who are already uneasy about the McDaniels hire??  In three weeks, it will be worse, much worse.  One day he'll be hugging Belichick and Brady, hoisting the trophy, the next he'll be at 56th St.

I'm all for the hire, but agree, it will be a bit odd. lol

3 hours ago, csmopar said:

Can you point to any candidate that's been successful at head coach?

It’s a mediocre coaching pool.  Colts messed up by waiting too long to ditch Pagano. Now we are stuck with a choice between unknown quantities and a guy who was a disaster in Denver.  Lucky us. 

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

It’s a mediocre coaching pool.  Colts messed up by waiting too long to ditch Pagano. Now we are stuck with a choice between unknown quantities and a guy who was a disaster in Denver.  Lucky us. 

How many great coaches failed their first time as HC?? So sick of the whole he failed in Denver crap

2 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I think it's far too early to say we messed up. Yeah we should have fired him last yr but I'm not so sure last years pool was that much better going in

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

How many great coaches failed their first time as HC?? So sick of the whole he failed in Denver crap

Why don’t you tell me and I don’t want to hear about the Belichick failed in Cleveland crap.  It’s friggin Cleveland...their culture is to fail.  McDaniels bombed with a respectable NFL franchise with decent tradition in Denver.  He wanted too much power and thought he knew it all until he found out he wasn’t Belichick. 

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Why don’t you tell me and I don’t want to hear about the Belichick failed in Cleveland crap.  It’s friggin Cleveland...their culture is to fail.  McDaniels bombed with a respectable NFL franchise with decent tradition in Denver.  He wanted too much power and thought he knew it all until he found out he wasn’t Belichick. 

Your dumb excuse is because it was Cleavleand? Lol

26 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Titans just can’t fall behind much because they aren’t built to come back. Run it with Henry, get those safe short throws to Walker and have lots of roll outs for Marcus so he can pass run and keep chains moving. Who knows a lucky break Gronk or Cooks goes down its a different game....grind it out. Still long shot though...longest of anyone playing this weekend.

Agreed

Just now, Coltsman1788 said:

Doesn’t matter our choice is between McDaniels and Vrabel.  Yay. As far as I know we are the only team even considering Vrabel.  Lol. Ballard really has a jones for anything Patriots it seems.  

Detroit is considering him too so you fail again 

Hardest thing to do is build a new culture in an organization. Always lots of resistance from those entrenched with power. You need buy in from the top...from your best players and leaders. McDaniel didn’t get that in Denver...a lot on him as how he tried to instill that. I imagine he had learned a lot. Not so much about what he was trying to bring in but how he tried to do it. At least here he isn’t taking on more than he can handle with Ballard in charge. If he gets the whistle.

3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Your dumb excuse is because it was Cleavleand? Lol

Even the great Hoodie couldn’t win there. Lol  They are a friggin mess of a franchise.  Pick number one almost every year and nothing to show for themselves.  Bill getting fired there was the best thing that could have happened to him.  So what else you got besides that tired example? 

3 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

Mike Tirico just reported during halftime that sources have told Mike Florio that the Patriots are preparing for Patricia to leave and that McDaniels leaving is possible but not guaranteed. 

In before people panic