Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Another coach gone ?? (DB coach Greg Williams)

Tracy Denton

15 minutes ago, Tracy Denton said:

True, But I don't know what the rules are but if a HC gets fired does all his staffs contracts become void ? Seems fair to me.

no, they're normally not tied together.  Whats happening right now is that the old assistants dont know who will be hired and if they'll be retained, so they're accepting new job offers.  Ballard is doing these guys a favor as well as he could technically by the rules, block these moves.

1 hour ago, Tracy Denton said:

True, But I don't know what the rules are but if a HC gets fired does all his staffs contracts become void ? Seems fair to me.

The contracts of the assistants do not become void.     But if the assistants are offered a job elsewhere they are not going to be blocked from taking them unless the GM can guarantee that they will have a job with the new coach.

The colts have a number of good coaches.   I'm glad to see them get picked up elsewhere.

59 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Chuck could've taken the job but he didn't for some reason maybe to take a break from coaching

Then we made the right decision letting him go. He looked exhausted even before his firing. We need a young emotional coach who will light a fire under our players...

McDaniels.0.gif