RockThatBlue

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

What if Wilks D loses the game?

Losing the game is one thing (if it’s competitive). What has me turned off is how there was not much creativity after Kelce went out. Total collapse. Unfair? Maybe. But that didn’t inspire a ton of confidence 

35 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

Losing the game is one thing (if it’s competitive). What has me turned off is how there was not much creativity after Kelce went out. Total collapse. Unfair? Maybe. But that didn’t inspire a ton of confidence 

That is probably why McDaniels is coveted. He has dealt with the loss of Edelman or Gronk several times the last couple of years and still utilizes his weapons well. Falcons were choking the middle more, they adjusted and went to to the outside wide outs on comeback routes and used pass catching RBs more in the SB. The slot CB Jeremy Lane gets injured in the Seahawks SB, he calls plays that picks on him relentlessly the rest of the game. The recent Chargers game, the pass rush did not let Brady have time for routes to develop, the RBs caught a LOT of balls to offset it. 

Yes, he has the HOF QB executing it, but the plays still have to be called to maximize what he has got. 

15 minutes ago, chad72 said:

That is probably why McDaniels is coveted. He has dealt with the loss of Edelman or Gronk several times the last couple of years and still utilizes his weapons well. Falcons were choking the middle more, they adjusted and went to to the outside wide outs on comeback routes and used pass catching RBs more in the SB. The slot CB Jeremy Lane gets injured in the Seahawks SB, he calls plays that picks on him relentlessly the rest of the game. The recent Chargers game, the pass rush did not let Brady have time for routes to develop, the RBs caught a LOT of balls to offset it. 

Yes, he has the HOF QB executing it, but the plays still have to be called to maximize what he has got. 

Exactly. With Mcdaniels you aren’t sure how he will attack you as everyone gets utilized to some degree. Having Brady helps obviously but it’s a total team effort. One person going down shouldn’t completely handicap their offensive game plan. It’s “almost” as if they had a ton of packages with Kelce in it then had no plan B when he went down. This is why I’m leaning in a different direction instead of being optimistic about Nagy 

1 minute ago, mahagga73 said:

Time to offer Harbaugh a Gruden contract .  

Honestly you are right.. We will win, and it wont take long...Won't happen , but it should. . Irsay would make that $ back tenfold once we were relevant again...Im gonna go all in on Wilks I think if Ballard ls worth his salt he will pick Wilks. .. 

7 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Honestly you are right.. We will win, and it wont take long...Won't happen , but it should. . Irsay would make that $ back tenfold once we were relevant again...Im gonna go all in on Wilks I think if Ballard ls worth his salt he will pick Wilks. .. 

I like Richard from Seattle too. If we can play defense at a top 10-15 level that should be plenty good enough . 

5 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

So if Ballard doesn't choose the candidate you think you like the most, he isn't worth his salt?  That's ridiculous.  We don't have the information on these guys like the people actually interviewing them.

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

If he did that's probably part of the reason they lost.  Nagy got them a lead in the 1st. half.  Who knows?

It’s not clear to be honest. It’s possible Reid was also making calls in the first-half. Maybe their press conference will shed some light. 

1 minute ago, CheezyColt said:

So if Ballard doesn't choose the candidate you think you like the most, he isn't worth his salt?  That's ridiculous.  We don't have the information on these guys like the people actually interviewing them.

Just because we don't have the information doesn't mean the guys who do always make a good hire. Jshipp has made a good argument throughout this thread IMO. Knowing that the GMs and owners don't always make great decisions, what makes you think Ballard will make a good hire without any sample size? Knowing more than a forum member here is a low standard, actually choosing the right coach is an accomplishment that not a lot of teams do in the NFL and would be an accomplishment to get right.

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Just because we don't have the information doesn't mean the guys who do always make a good hire. Jshipp has made a good argument throughout this thread IMO. Knowing that the GMs and owners don't always make great decisions, what makes you think Ballard will make a good hire without any sample size? Knowing more than a forum member here is a low standard, actually choosing the right coach is an accomplishment that not a lot of teams do in the NFL and would be an accomplishment to get right.

The fact that he is the only one who is informed enough to make the decision using the available data.  We can say we have our favorite candidates, that makes sense. What doesn't make sense is putting it out there that if the only person dialed in enough to make an informed decision doesn't pick my favorite, arbitrarily picked, candidate then he isn't worth his salt period.

I've seen Jshipp's evolution on Wilks in multiple posts as well. It started with "I think might like Wilks best" and has somehow morphed into "If Ballard doesn't choose Wilks he sucks."  As previously stated, that's ridiculous.

Funny what 1 game can do in peoples minds. Nagy and Toub go from being Great candidates to being bums now. Bull Mularkey for the Titans goes from Suckiest Coach ever to Vince Lombardi now lmao :rock::thmup:. I have said for how many years now that if you have Alex Smith at QB you will never win anything and I am still right on that one at least. It wasn't Bad Coaching that lost KC the game, it is Alex Smith's in ability to execute in big moments Is why KC loses every year. See the Steelers game last Playoffs, see the Colts game in 2013, and now this nonsense against Bull Mularkey's team.

31 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

Time to offer Harbaugh a Gruden contract .  

Yeah because the 16 point lead lost to a pathetic South Carolina team in the Outback Bowl shows us all Harbaugh wouldn’t ever let a game swing horrifically in a wrong direction after taking a big lead.   That was 5 days ago, by the way.  

Harbaugh is being out-coached by Meyer and Franklin in the Big 10 East alone, if nobody is paying attention.  

Nagy would need somewhat different skillset as a HC than he needed as OC. So he could still check all the necessities the Colts are looking for. But why hire someone who just failed at what he currently does? Let him prove he can learn from his mistakes, and able to correct them. If he does, reconsider again. But that should not be the 2017 Colts.

I kinda lost faith. That's not a professional evalutaion. It's juts how I feel now.

That game represents what the Colts DON'T need if they are seeking GREATNESS!!!! Nagy as a "sometime" play calling oc under Reid and ESPECIALLY Toub as a special teams coach are unknowns as far as hc material is concerned like Chuck before them. The Chiefs are constant UNDERACHIEVERS year after year and I'm not buying the Alex Smith argument either because their offense is stale, predictable and easy to shutdown WHEN it matters. The reason why Brady says Josh McDaniels is great at what he does is because he is ALWAYS evolving the offense. No matter what pieces are MISSING whether it be himself or any other key player on offense Josh can ADAPT utilizing players at hand to still attack weaknesses of opposing defenses. 

I hope Ballard picks the BEST candidate and NOT choose one of the KC guys simply because he's cool with them because in the pecking order of known candidates I think BOTH fall near the middle to bottom of the pack IMO... 

Can we all just take the chiefs for what they are?? They are a good team with a game manager quarterback who can’t go and win the big game when he loses his number one player.  Keep in mind they were also down their 2nd and 3rd WR.  If Luck comes back healthy Nagy will be working with a quarterback that is FAR superior to Alex Smith.  Throw in the potential of us drafting Barkley and that could be a very dangerous offense!! 

22 minutes ago, bluephantom87 said:

That game represents what the Colts DON'T need if they are seeking GREATNESS!!!! Nagy as a "sometime" play calling oc under Reid and ESPECIALLY Toub as a special teams coach are unknowns as far as hc material is concerned like Chuck before them. The Chiefs are constant UNDERACHIEVERS year after year and I'm not buying the Alex Smith argument either because their offense is stale, predictable and easy to shutdown WHEN it matters. The reason why Brady says Josh McDaniels is great at what he does is because he is ALWAYS evolving the offense. No matter what pieces are MISSING whether it be himself or any other key player on offense Josh can ADAPT utilizing players at hand to still attack weaknesses of opposing defenses. 

I hope Ballard picks the BEST candidate and NOT choose one of the KC guys simply because he's cool with them because in the pecking order of known candidates I think BOTH fall near the middle to bottom of the pack IMO... 

You may not be buying the Alex Smith argument but it's obvious to me. Playoff results = 2011 vs Giants loses at home, 2013 loses at Indy after leading 38-10, 2016 loses at home vs Steelers, loses again at home against an inferior Titans team today after being up 21-3. Nagy may not be the answer for us but if he had Luck today he would've won. Smith is perhaps the biggest choker of all-time in the Playoffs.

Came away very unimpressed with Nagy. Yes, the body of work matters more than anything but this was not a good showing by any means. Especially for a coordinator that doesn’t have a lot of experience to begin with. That offense basically was shut off once Kelce got hurt.

For someone who didn't watch this please fill me in on one thing..I saw a couple comments on Reid taking over the play calling during crunch time today? Was that confirmed, or did it just look that way?

Not sure I'm digging that for our potential HC. The HC basically saying to his OC 'let me do it' in a playoff game kind of says to me he thinks he's a lightweight.

Blame Alex Smith for the Chiefs loss to the Colts a few years back???!!  I think he had like 4 TD passes and zero interceptions.  He had another game clincher dropped.  Alex Smith is a good QB.  The biggest mistake SF made, besides canning Harbaugh, was trading away Alex Smith.  He is a good QB.  I think this is more on Andy Reid.  He has a terrible record of getting conservative in the playoffs,

I predict that if the Chiefs let Smith go, he will do very well for a team like the Cards or Jaquars.  But his replacement in KC, Mahomes, will be an up and down so-so QB.

So much for Nagy & Toub & the Andy Reid coaching tree...  Reid is a notorious choke artist & it looks like the apples don’t fall far from the tree...  I still want McDaniels.  I’ve seen him adjust midgame. Whether it’s urilizing the backs, receivers, or tight ends.  He’s always adjusting and evolving & exploiting your weaknesses.  Give me that guy.  

We may have just dodged a bullet.  Had KC held on, Ballard would have picked one of his KC buddies & the Titans would have hired McDaniels & we would have lived to regret it...  The football gods are smiling on us.  Be thankful gents.  

1 hour ago, bluephantom87 said:

But the players didn’t like him in Denver!! lmao (Sarcasm)

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You may not be buying the Alex Smith argument but it's obvious to me. Playoff results = 2011 vs Giants loses at home, 2013 loses at Indy after leading 38-10, 2016 loses at home vs Steelers, loses again at home against an inferior Titans team today after being up 21-3. Nagy may not be the answer for us but if he had Luck today he would've won. Smith is perhaps the biggest choker of all-time in the Playoffs.

When you score 44 points in the playoffs and lose its not the offenses fault.  

2 hours ago, lennymoore24 said:

Blame Alex Smith for the Chiefs loss to the Colts a few years back???!!  I think he had like 4 TD passes and zero interceptions.  He had another game clincher dropped.  Alex Smith is a good QB.  The biggest mistake SF made, besides canning Harbaugh, was trading away Alex Smith.  He is a good QB.  I think this is more on Andy Reid.  He has a terrible record of getting conservative in the playoffs,

I predict that if the Chiefs let Smith go, he will do very well for a team like the Cards or Jaquars.  But his replacement in KC, Mahomes, will be an up and down so-so QB.

Alex Smith was at one time leading the league in the QB position earlier this season. That is when he was allowed to open up the playbook and let it rip. For some untold reason Reid reeled him in. Why? I have no clue. We seen the results yesterday.

So the Chiefs have been to the playoffs 4 out of the last 5 years (the one year they missed out they still went 9-7) with Alex Smith at QB.

Only other AFC teams with consistently like that?  Pats and Steelers.  They have these dudes named Brady and Roethlisberger.  Whoever they are. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

In less that 24 hours we went from high hopes to full panic mode:

panic.gif

Not really surprising. Most get too wrapped up in all of this. We have no control of any of it so it's a waist of time getting all involved in any of it.

This back and forth debate serves no purpose. Ballard will pick his guy no matter if we have 25 threads worrying about it.

Off seasons really suck. The bash on Pagano threads have been replaced with some of the most outrageous comments known to man. :D