Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

twfish

Barkley or Chubb at #3

Barkley or Chubb at #3?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. No trade backs and it's between these two who do you take?

• Saquon Barkley RB
    • Bradley Chubb Rush

In this scenario we don't trade back and we fill our o-line with top FA. In my opinion one player is a blue chip player and the other is a good player at a  position of need. One is the best all around at his position that I've seen in years and the other is the best of the draft

Its too bad we can't draft both. Lol. Its a tough call for me.

Barkley would be exciting and help take pressure off of Luck.

But Chubb would obviously help in our pass rush department.

Honestly I'll be happy if we get either one.

16 minutes ago, twfish said:

In this scenario we don't trade back and we fill our o-line with top FA. In my opinion one player is a blue chip player and the other is a good player at a  position of need. One is the best all around at his position that I've seen in years and the other is the best of the draft

You just made all the reasons why Barkley should be the pick. 

15 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Its too bad we can't draft both. Lol. Its a tough call for me.

Barkley would be exciting and help take pressure off of Luck.

But Chubb would obviously help in our pass rush department.

Honestly I'll be happy if we get either one.

To be honest you would be risking more with chubb because hes not a natural 3-4 LB so id rather go with Barkley unless our new defense works to chubbs abilities :rock:

Why do people act like Barkley is rated a 99 and Chubb is rated a 87?

1 hour ago, BOTT said:

Why do people act like Barkley is rated a 99 and Chubb is rated a 87?

Because comparing them two together,  those are their ratings. 

It does seem to be coming down to a choice between the two at the moment. Obviously it could all change over the next few months.

I'd be happy with either but for different reasons. Barkley is the "fun" pick. I enjoy watching him play more than any other recent collage play maker, him and Luck would definitely be entertaining.

Chubb is the player who I think has the greatest impact on results though. I don't have any concerns about his ability to transfer to our system or be successful at the next level and he could be a key component in building a championship quality defense.

I want to see us win things though so if it's my pick I go with Chubb. Not going to be mad if we go with Barkley though, will just adjust my expectations.

3 hours ago, tweezy32 said:

Because comparing them two together,  those are their ratings. 

Says nobody......except for Barkley fans who dream of him in a colts uniform.

13 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Says nobody......except for Barkley fans who dream of him in a colts uniform.

?

No plenty have stated it.  Heck Miller had an article the other day about how Chubb would be a fringe first last year and Barkley would have been the #1 RB even in a legendary RB class like last year. 

Fyi the only place that is so high on Chubb is this forum.  

He's a good rusher but it is a real hard sell to say he's a for sure blue chip prospect especially without any numbers behind him. If he puts up outstanding numbers then we can start having a discussion. Until then via tape Barkley is far and away the better prospect. 

1 minute ago, Surge89 said:

?

No plenty have stated it.  Heck Miller had an article the other day about how Chubb would be a fringe first last year amd Barkley would have been the #1 RB even in a legendary RB class like last year. 

Fyi the only place that is so high on Chubb is this forum.  

He's a good rusher but it is a real hard sell to say he's a for sure blue chip prospect especially without any numbers behind him. If he puts up outstanding numbers then we can start having a discussion. Until then via tape Barkley is far and away the better prospect. 

Really?  Both kiper and McShay raved about Chubb with kiper claiming he is in the running as the top player. Scouts Inc has Barkley rated a 94 and Chubb rated a 93. CBS Sports has Chubb as the #1 prospect, with Barkley coming in at 7....although I honestly don't think much of cbs sports.

3 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Really?  Both kiper and McShay raved about Chubb with kiper claiming he is in the running as the top player. Scouts Inc has Barkley rated a 94 and Chubb rated a 93. CBS Sports has Chubb as the #1 prospect, with Barkley coming in at 7....although I honestly don't think much of cbs sports.

Multiple places state the same.  He's got great hands, strong, and good bend. But he seems like he either hasn't been coached well or he doesn't understand how to rush with technique and string together moves.  The one thing universal though is that he might not have elite athleticism or it has to be proven. 

If he puts up a good 3 cone or 20 yard split time he's going to realistically be in the running for number 1 overall, but the issue is we don't have those numbers right now. That's why there is a bias towards Barkley. 

Right now I'm leaning more towards Minkah Fitzpatrick.Depending on how Chubb tests, I might be all in on him.. 

How the hell is a running back getting more votes then the top pass rusher?!?! :facepalm::wall::facepalm::wall:

I don't want either but damn this is an easy choice 

I would prefer the best possible player.  Chubb might be that if he shows he can handle the OLB/3-4 side of things.  Drills and all that will show a lot about him.  Barkley is someone that could help the offense and take some pressure off of Luck assuming we fix our line as well.  I personally just hope we trade back and get additional assets.  I am very curious to see how Arden Key does.

1 hour ago, stitches said:

Right now I'm leaning more towards Minkah Fitzpatrick.Depending on how Chubb tests, I might be all in on him.. 

Minkah is truly special. I see him and Barkley in their own class this year with no one really close to them. 

I'll stand firm though if Chubb puts elite numbers he is the guy to take.  Just right now it's a big if.

21 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

Minkah is truly special. I see him and Barkley in their own class this year with no one really close to them. 

I'll stand firm though if Chubb puts elite numbers he is the guy to take.  Just right now it's a big if.

I think Minkah should be added to this poll. It would be between Fitzpatrick and Barkley for me at #3 if I couldn't trade down. Unless like you said Chubb just wows at the NFL combine and puts up Von Miller like numbers.