Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

UCF College Football Champions?

UCF will hold a parade as the Knights athletic director claims a national championship for his program.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21951014/ucf-knights-raise-national-championship-banner

An excerpt from the article:

"UCF also isn't the first school to dispute a national championship. Alabama, for instance, recognizes 1973 as a championship year. The coaches' poll did name the Crimson Tide No. 1 that year, but voting took place before they lost to Notre Dame in the Sugar Bowl. The AP voted the Fighting Irish No. 1 and Alabama fourth after the season."

UCF national champs anyone?

If they want to call themselves "National Champs" more power to them. In 6 months the only thing anyone will remember about this season is who the winner of the UGA/Bama game was. If they have the money for parades and banners and rings then good for them. I think this is more of a recruiting and recognition thing than actually believing they are the National Champs. I will give UCF credit from what I've heard they are giving the outgoing coaching staff bonuses that were in their contracts for winning the National Championship. I can respect a school that puts their money where their mouth is.

UCF never lost a game all year and even beat a top team in Auburn in their bowl game to back it up. The college football playoff setup is horrible, and UCF deserved a real shot at the national championship against teams like Alabama and Georgia. There should never be a situation where actual people are choosing who is in the playoffs. It should be decided by record and tiebreakers. UCF was the best team this year IMO, and it's a shame that they didn't get a chance to play in the playoffs. Things like this are the reason college football competition is garbage. There's only 10-12 teams that can ever compete, and when someone breaks out, they are kept out of the playoffs anyway. Complete manipulated garbage. As I said before, the only use of college football is so these kids can develop and get in the NFL. Props to UCF for a great season. These kids deserve the world for their performance and I'm proud of them!

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

UCF never lost a game all year and even beat a top team in Auburn in their bowl game to back it up. The college football playoff setup is horrible, and UCF deserved a real shot at the national championship against teams like Alabama and Georgia. There should never be a situation where actual people are choosing who is in the playoffs. It should be decided by record and tiebreakers. UCF was the best team this year IMO, and it's a shame that they didn't get a chance to play in the playoffs. Things like this are the reason college football competition is garbage. There's only 10-12 teams that can ever compete, and when someone breaks out, they are kept out of the playoffs anyway. Complete manipulated garbage. As I said before, the only use of college football is so these kids can develop and get in the NFL. Props to UCF for a great season. These kids deserve the world for their performance and I'm proud of them!

I agree its all fixed.

Congrats to them! I'm super happy because now I don't have to sit through watching Alabama's spoiled bandwagon fan's celebrate another. How people in the state of Kentucky can be UK basketball die hard fans and die hard Alabama football fans is beyond me. Worst front runners I've ever seen!

They need to schedule big name teams in the future. Unless you have a big name and history in college football you won’t make playoffs in the current system unless they go undefeated while playing some good P5 teams. Had they beaten Auburn in the regular season they would’ve made playoffs but that’s not the case. It wasn’t until after they won their bowl game that everyone started saying UCF should’ve been in the playoffs. The committee made the right decision imo 

On 1/4/2018 at 11:24 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

Auburn was a 3 loss team heading into that game. They were far from a top team. UCF, just like Boise the last 15 years, doesn't have a strong enough schedule to validate how good they actually are. It's partially not their fault, but they could schedule better out of conference games to help their case. However it will continue to be borderline impossible for a mid-major school to sniff a playoff spot regardless of their record, again due to their scheduling.