Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 draft class and free agents

It would be VERY nice to get a feel for:

1:  what position groups are deep in draft and FA

2. Which are "weak" in draft and FA

3.groupings of draft positional groups (especially those we need) by tier or ratings (naybe projected rounds)

the post about our salary cap REALLY clarified some things well as to where we are now. If there was a thread regarding the above, we could further speculate what Ballard may have in mind.

does anyone know a resource for this type of info or have any opinions?

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/

That website goes over all of the free agents for 2018

As far as draft rankings, https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings is a site you can use

All the websites tend to differ on who's better than who, and the round projections

At the time this was made, none of these player have signed extensions*

Players highlighted in this color are players I think the Colts should target (if they hit the market)**

Quick overview of notable players at each position, if you want to see everyone go to Spotrac

Quarterbacks

Drew Brees

Sam Bradford

Kirk Cousins

Tyrod Taylor

Teddy Bridgewater

Jimmy Garappolo

Runningbacks

Le'Veon Bell

Eddie Lacy

Frank Gore

Isaiah Crowell

LeGarrette Blount

Jeremy Hill

Carlos Hyde

Wide Receivers

Sammy Watkins

Terrelle Pryor

Eric Decker

Jarvis Landry

Josh Gordon (RFA)

Donte Moncrief

Marqise Lee

Allen Robinson

Taylor Gabriel

Jordan Matthews

John Brown

Tight Ends

Jimmy Graham

Antonio Gates

Zach Miller

Tyler Eifert

Benjamin Watson

Offensive Line:

Nate Solder T

Luke Joeckel G

Greg Robinson T

Andre Smith G

Andrew Norwell G

Justin Pugh G

Jack Mewhort G

Austin Pasztor T

Defensive Line

Dontari Poe  

Bennie Logan

Kyle Williams

Haloti Ngata

William Hayes

Ezekiel Ansah

DeMarcus Lawrence

Adrian Clayborn

Julius Peppers

Sheldon Richardson

Star Lotulelei

Aaron Lynch

Clinton McDonald

Alex Okafor

Linebackers

Aldon Smith

Paul Posluszny

Kevin Minter

Tahir Whitehead

Nigel Bradham

Navarro Bowman

Zach Brown

Demario Davis

Barkevious Mingo

Connor Barwin

Preston Brown

Cornerbacks

Trumaine Johnson

Prince Amukamara

Brent Grimes

Johnathan Joseph

Morris Claiborne

Malcolm Butler

Patrick Robinson

Rashaan Melvin

Safeties

Morgan Burnett

Reggie Nelson

TJ Ward

Kenny Vaccaro

Eric Reid

Marcus Gilchrist

Tre Boston

LaMarcus Joyner

11 minutes ago, Boomstick1 said:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/

That website goes over all of the free agents for 2018

As far as draft rankings, https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings is a site you can use

All the websites tend to differ on who's better than who, and the round projections

At the time this was made, none of these player have signed extensions*

Players highlighted in this color are players I think the Colts should target (if they hit the market)**

Quick overview of notable players at each position, if you want to see everyone go to Spotrac

Quarterbacks

Drew Brees

Sam Bradford

Kirk Cousins

Tyrod Taylor

Teddy Bridgewater

Jimmy Garappolo

Runningbacks

Le'Veon Bell

Eddie Lacy

Frank Gore

Isaiah Crowell

LeGarrette Blount

Jeremy Hill

Carlos Hyde

Wide Receivers

Sammy Watkins

Terrelle Pryor

Eric Decker

Jarvis Landry

Josh Gordon

Donte Moncrief

Marqise Lee

Allen Robinson

Taylor Gabriel

Jordan Matthews

John Brown

Tight Ends

Jimmy Graham

Antonio Gates

Zach Miller

Tyler Eifert

Benjamin Watson

Offensive Line:

Nate Solder T

Luke Joeckel G

Greg Robinson T

Andre Smith G

Andrew Norwell G

Justin Pugh G

Jack Mewhort G

Austin Pasztor T

Defensive Line

Dontari Poe  

Bennie Logan

Kyle Williams

Haloti Ngata

William Hayes

Ezekiel Ansah

DeMarcus Lawrence

Adrian Clayborn

Julius Peppers

Sheldon Richardson

Star Lotulelei

Aaron Lynch

Clinton McDonald

Alex Okafor

Linebackers

Aldon Smith

Paul Posluszny

Kevin Minter

Tahir Whitehead

Nigel Bradham

Navarro Bowman

Zach Brown

Demario Davis

Barkevious Mingo

Connor Barwin

Preston Brown

Cornerbacks

Trumaine Johnson

Prince Amukamara

Brent Grimes

Johnathan Joseph

Morris Claiborne

Malcolm Butler

Patrick Robinson

Rashaan Melvin

Safeties

Morgan Burnett

Reggie Nelson

TJ Ward

Kenny Vaccaro

Eric Reid

Marcus Gilchrist

Tre Boston

LaMarcus Joyner

I agree with everyone you have targeted including and especially Bell! but i think the Steelers would let go of their whole team before they let Bell or Brown hit the FA market

1 minute ago, DraftMaster said:

The 'Burgh only has 2 million in free agency, I think Bell will be gone...

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2018/

Even so i think they will find a way. They wont let their once in generation RB just walk. As i said jokingly they would let go of their whole team, thats over exaggerating obviously but they will be making a lot of cuts to free up the space.

3 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

I guess I better stop starting threads.

i'm afraid all this activity might crash the forum!

You also posted it in the wrong section. It will be another qb heavy draft. O-line seems very mehhh too me. Another RB heavy year, though not as much as last year but has one of my favorites, Chubb, a top MLB only has one hand. Seems like it should be a good draft year

Bring Mewhort back on a cheap 1year deal to play RT. Re-Sign Melvin.

Andrew Norwell OG

Josh Kline OG

Allen Robinson WR

Paul Richardson WR

Avery Williamson ILB

Malcolm Butler CB

Jerry Attaochu (Cheap, could be a big time steal, depth)

Chubb RD1, Star ILB RD2, Stud RB in RD3 and we're set for the most part. Maybe hit big on a 4th or 5th rounder. We just gotta hit big time in the first 3 IMO, meaning 3 stating, star caliber impact players.

We got the cap room to turn things around over night with a healthy 12 coming back, and an actual coaching staff. We get a superstar caliber G with Norwell, another very good G in Kline. Mewhort would probably be better at RT and shouldn't cost much for 1 year. We'd without a doubt have a top 3 OL if not the best. Robinson gives us a major complement to TY. Robinson IMO is a number 1 type WR. Richardson as the number 3 would be unstoppable. Hilson, Robinson and Richardson at WR. Doyle, Travis, Swoope at TE. Mack and a rookie at RB. Then finally a 100% healthy and confident Andrew Luck throwing them the ball, with a beast OL protecting him, and an actual run game and Its on. Then on D we get a shut down CB, and a very, very good all around ILB. If we hit big with our first 3 picks we'll have 3 rookie starters. And I'm talking like Kahlil Mack, Jordan Hicks, Kareem Hunt, type rookie year impact. (Going by RD lol)  We're solid on he DL. Williamson paired with a star rookie, sideline to sideline ILB and we're set for years. Chubb, Simon, Sheard, Attaochu, and Basham who should be much improved gives us a mean pass rush. Hooker and Fraley at S with Geathers as the 3rd S, and dime ILB. Should get snaps everywhere. Butler and Melvin shutting down WR's, with the help of a really good pass rush, then Wilson and Hairston IMO will be much improved in their 2nd seasons, and IMO both will be good to very good corners. They'll be fighting for the nickel spot.  

18 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

Bring Mewhort back on a cheap 1year deal to play RT. Re-Sign Melvin.

Andrew Norwell OG

Josh Kline OG

Allen Robinson WR

Paul Richardson WR

Avery Williamson ILB

Malcolm Butler CB

Jerry Attaochu (Cheap, could be a big time steal, depth)

Chubb RD1, Star ILB RD2, Stud RB in RD3 and we're set for the most part. Maybe hit big on a 4th or 5th rounder. We just gotta hit big time in the first 3 IMO, meaning 3 stating, star caliber impact players.

We got the cap room to turn things around over night with a healthy 12 coming back, and an actual coaching staff. We get a superstar caliber G with Norwell, another very good G in Kline. Mewhort would probably be better at RT and shouldn't cost much for 1 year. We'd without a doubt have a top 3 OL if not the best. Robinson gives us a major complement to TY. Robinson IMO is a number 1 type WR. Richardson as the number 3 would be unstoppable. Hilson, Robinson and Richardson at WR. Doyle, Travis, Swoope at TE. Mack and a rookie at RB. Then finally a 100% healthy and confident Andrew Luck throwing them the ball, with a beast OL protecting him, and an actual run game and Its on. Then on D we get a shut down CB, and a very, very good all around ILB. If we hit big with our first 3 picks we'll have 3 rookie starters. And I'm talking like Kahlil Mack, Jordan Hicks, Kareem Hunt, type rookie year impact. (Going by RD lol)  We're solid on he DL. Williamson paired with a star rookie, sideline to sideline ILB and we're set for years. Chubb, Simon, Sheard, Attaochu, and Basham who should be much improved gives us a mean pass rush. Hooker and Fraley at S with Geathers as the 3rd S, and dime ILB. Should get snaps everywhere. Butler and Melvin shutting down WR's, with the help of a really good pass rush, then Wilson and Hairston IMO will be much improved in their 2nd seasons, and IMO both will be good to very good corners. They'll be fighting for the nickel spot.  

Butler is overrated

I'd add Spencer Long to the guard list.  He is my sleeper guard pick, plus if Kelly continues to have the injury bug, he is an above average center as well.

I also like Colt Anderson, the safety who used to play for us.  He is very active and hits like a train.  Darren Fells the TE from Detroit would be a fantastic blocking TE.  EJ Gaines the CB is getting quite a bit of hype.