Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts to Interview McDaniels on Thursday

Steamboat_Shaun

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Since all the other reported canidits could be hired right now the longer this drags the more it’s clear they are waiting on Josh McDaniels.  

This. 

I thought for sure Toub would have been hired by now. If we get to Monday and they still don't have anyone in place or at least a second interview confirmed then it's pretty safe to assume that they want McDaniels and are just waiting for the hammer to fall. 

Well for those interested in Pat shurman, he's the favorite for the cards job and apparently the giants and not the lions are favorites for Matt Patricia which is good news for those that want McDaniels seeing as the lions want a defensive coach

13 hours ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

I've thought all along that McDaniels is our guy. I think the longer this drags on the more it points to McDaniels becoming our Head Coach. Like Tom Petty sang "The waiting is the hardest part..."

I want to hear that McDaniels wants the Colts.

4 minutes ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

I don't think we will hear a peep from McDaniels until the Patriots' season is over. Tight lipped is the Patriot way.

I understand all that Jedi stuff they practice.  I'm saying that most fans on this board assume that the Colts can get McDaniels or anyone that they want.  I'm not sold on that, and am concerned we'll end up with a secondary choice.

1 minute ago, Roger said:

I understand all that Jedi stuff they practice.  I'm saying that most fans on this board assume that the Colts can get McDaniels or anyone that they want.  I'm not sold on that, and am concerned we'll end up with a secondary choice.

If my memory serves me correctly, McDaniels has turned down Head Coaching interviews in the past. Because of that, I don't think he would have taken the interview with the Colts if he wasn't strongly interested in the job. 

5 minutes ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

If my memory serves me correctly, McDaniels has turned down Head Coaching interviews in the past. Because of that, I don't think he would have taken the interview with the Colts if he wasn't strongly interested in the job. 

He interviewed last year.

http://m.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Source-49ers-are-Josh-McDaniels-preferred-team-10841023.php

He did refused to interview for the Rams job when it became available mid season.

17 minutes ago, Roger said:

McDaniels has been known to turn down interview offers multiple times in the past to various teams.  The fact that he took an interview offer for the Colts means he's at least open to entertaining the option. Same with any other candidate, if they didn't want to work for the Colts, they wouldn't have taken the interview.  Honestly, I think it'll come down to one of the 3.  McDaniels, Patricia and Wilks.  One of these 3 is the most likely to be our next head coach.

1 minute ago, Roger said:

He interviewed last year.

http://m.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Source-49ers-are-Josh-McDaniels-preferred-team-10841023.php

He did refused to interview for the Rams job when it became available mid season.

And he removed himself from the 49ers consideration BEFORE they completed their interviews.  Relax.  I'm not saying it's gonna be McDaniels or not, but we're far from out of it.

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Honestly, I think it'll come down to one of the 3.  McDaniels, Patricia and Wilks.  One of these 3 is the most likely to be our next head coach.

Those are my preferred three candidates. I think our guys play tough but lack pure X's and O's instruction. Hopefully we hire one of the three and not some unknown from left field. We have not requested an interview for Patricia I had thought. Did I miss an update at some point?

2 hours ago, Roger said:

I want to hear that McDaniels wants the Colts.

yea, that would be ideal....not sure that it would be "The Patriot's Way"  , but BB will probably be a father-like figure and make the appropriate recommendations for McDaniels to take the Colts job unless he thinks Irsay is a kook.  So after the Patriots are eliminated (if they are), BB should be like a wise leader and direct his subordinates to lands of rich and lush possessions & fertile soil to harvest fall crops.

8 hours ago, csmopar said:

McDaniels has been known to turn down interview offers multiple times in the past to various teams.  The fact that he took an interview offer for the Colts means he's at least open to entertaining the option. Same with any other candidate, if they didn't want to work for the Colts, they wouldn't have taken the interview.  Honestly, I think it'll come down to one of the 3.  McDaniels, Patricia and Wilks.  One of these 3 is the most likely to be our next head coach.

This is an interesting tidbit that I was not aware of.

Full quote from Holder’s article today:

“As it relates to McDaniels and the Colts, here’s a fun fact: He and Ballard have the same representative, super agent Bob LaMonte. That’s not necessarily a reason to connect dots, but it’s not something to ignore, either.

As a league source explained, LaMonte has a history of trying to engineer situations where clients can work in coach-GM tandems. There have been several such arrangements in the past – whether intentional or not. They include Doug Pederson and Howie Roseman in Philadelphia in 2016, Mike McCoy and Tom Telesco in San Diego in 2013 and Pat Shumur and Mike Holmgren in Cleveland in 2011. That’s a lot of coincidences, right?”

8 hours ago, csmopar said:

?????

Why do you have Patricia on your list?   Did I miss something that says we've interviewed him?    A new development?

Did you mean Vrabel?

Just asking....

5 hours ago, Peterk2011 said:

Honestly, if "who is your agent" can play a significant role in hiring a head coach, then NFL is not better than the grocery down the street.

Having the same agent is significant because it serves as a back channel to communicate & complete a deal without the worry it being leaked by one side or the other. 9 times out of 10, people leaking info in these scenarios is the agent.

43 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Having the same agent is significant because it serves as a back channel to communicate & complete a deal without the worry it being leaked by one side or the other. 9 times out of 10, people leaking info in these scenarios is the agent.

It should not affect the decision making process. Yes, it helps AFTER the decision has been made to complete the deal. But should not play any role BEFORE.

• 4 weeks later...