Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My take on top 4 draft picks 2018

Barkley to Browns at 1. This has got Jim Brown"esque" written all over it. Browns get QB in FA or at 4.

Giants take Rosen 2nd overall or trade back with the jets. knowing Eli will be there, the Giants can afford to move back and grab an O-line prospect in the top 10.

Rosen goes to the Jets at 2.

Colts grab Nelson or Fitzpatrick at 3 or trade back to 9 with Denver. My guess is that Colts will stay put as Denver will acquire Cousins.

So Colts Grab Nelson, as I believe Colts will acquire Breeland via FA

My thinking regarding Chubb is this: Mindset is to win division first. I don't believe Chubbs skillset benefits chasing Watson and Mariota around and O-line is a HUGE need. Nelson is the pick

I really like Saquan, but he is NOT Jim Brown. And I LOVE Nelson, but i couldn't take a guard at 3. Even if he were John Hannah reincarnated i couldn't. 

someone else made a very cogent point. Guards don't even (generally) block the other team's best defensive player. 

I like Barkley; i need to see how fast Chubb runs. I WANT a GREAT player at 3. there may not be one this year. Then I would try to trade down and target one of those OL. 

2 minutes ago, Gigc said:

I really like Saquan, but he is NOT Jim Brown. And I LOVE Nelson, but i couldn't take a guard at 3. Even if he were John Hannah reincarnated i couldn't. 

someone else made a very cogent point. Guards don't even (generally) block the other team's best defensive player. 

I like Barkley; i need to see how fast Chubb runs. I WANT a GREAT player at 3. there may not be one this year. Then I would try to trade down and target one of those OL. 

I'm not comparing Barkley to Brown in a physical sense, I'm comparing it to history of the team, division in which it plays, etc.  If you look at how some teams have been built, sometimes history repeats itself or is very similar to how they are currently constructed. In Cleveland, riding a horse behind a decent O-line can minimize some QB deficiencies. Ball control can solve lack of point scoring and defensive short comings. That's all I'm saying

I’m Chubb all the way.  He is exactly the type of OLB that Ballard tried to snag in FA last year (similar to Sheard and Simon in size).  But he is a bully and a beast as a pass rusher, and he’s also elite against the run.  Yeah, he’s not gonna chase down Mariota and Watson in pursuit, but I think the other three teams (particularly #1 Jax) are running teams.  So, I thonk he’s an ideal OLB given our division.

2 hours ago, Archer said:

I’m Chubb all the way.  He is exactly the type of OLB that Ballard tried to snag in FA last year (similar to Sheard and Simon in size).  But he is a bully and a beast as a pass rusher, and he’s also elite against the run.  Yeah, he’s not gonna chase down Mariota and Watson in pursuit, but I think the other three teams (particularly #1 Jax) are running teams.  So, I thonk he’s an ideal OLB given our division.

He's quite a bit bigger than Simon or Sheard.

10 minutes ago, BOTT said:

So because they Giants have a 37 yr old declining QB, they are going to trade that pick to the team across town? Not in a million yrs.

If the price is right, you damn right they would. Everybody has a price. Depends on QB FA though on who still needs what

19 minutes ago, Indeee said:

If the price is right, you damn right they would. Everybody has a price. Depends on QB FA though on who still needs what

QB needy teams don't trade down. Well, unless you are the Browns.....and that has worked out well for them.

5 hours ago, Indeee said:

I'm not comparing Barkley to Brown in a physical sense, I'm comparing it to history of the team, division in which it plays, etc.  If you look at how some teams have been built, sometimes history repeats itself or is very similar to how they are currently constructed. In Cleveland, riding a horse behind a decent O-line can minimize some QB deficiencies. Ball control can solve lack of point scoring and defensive short comings. iuThat's all I'm saying

I hear ya