Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts interview requests and confirmations (merge)

stitches

Some NY Daily News columnist tweeted basically saying Giants interest in Wilks was overstated. Tisch was only in on interview because he'd been out of country for other ones.

He even said "I was told yesterday Wilks having only 1 year as DC clearly puts him fourth on the Giants list."

If that's true the Giants are either cocky or confident they'll get somebody they want, probably McDaniels, Patricia, or even Shurmur. And I doubt it's Patricia because the Lions search has gone quiet as has Patricia's interviews.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, krunk said:

The Owners for the Giants have a preference for an experienced head coach and I believe I heard that's what the Cardinals are looking for as well.    Wilks may actually make it to our interview on Thursday.  At least that's what I'm hoping.....

I did read that about the Giants preference.  But I was surprised when I also read the ownership was going to be at his meeting.  Sounds like he is a man of his word and will complete all of the interviews he has scheduled before he decides on any offers. 

5 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

He’s in no rush. The guy he loves will also probably have the Colts as their top choice. I also don’t think it’s McDaniels because the fact that Nagy got hired before him means no one is impressed yet IMO. From the looks of it, Wilks is the hot candidate and that’s who the Colts have their eyes on.

When it comes to the Bears I'm not certain about that.    They've fired a lot of coaches over the years.   It wouldn't shock me if Mcdaniels doesn't hold that opportunity as a fit.  It's not like he's in a beggars position.  He could very easily stay with New England and be content.  Even if there was an offer from somewhere it doesn't mean he has to take it.   He basically can take his time and choose where he wants to land.

On 1/1/2018 at 3:00 PM, Superman said:

So would I. If they'll fly me out to Indy for a few days, put me up in the the JW Marriott and let me meet some of the guys, I'll satisfy their Rooney Rule interview and I won't complain about it at all.

I'm sure at least 90% of this board would be all for this!

26 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I did read that about the Giants preference.  But I was surprised when I also read the ownership was going to be at his meeting.  Sounds like he is a man of his word and will complete all of the interviews he has scheduled before he decides on any offers. 

The Giants are just coming off of Tom Couglin.    I can't recall if his predecessor was Parcells or somebody else in between that but that's the guys that have worked for them.  The one guy they hired without much experience was Mcadoo and it blew up in his face so I'm sure they probably want to stay with what has worked for them.  

5 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Didn't want to make a thread for it or anything but does anybody else think Chud goes back to Carolina?

They fired Shula and are reportedly going after a veteran hire. I don't think highly of Chud or anything but it wouldn't surprise me if they are thinking about calling him.

Cam, along with Steve Smith, were happy to see Chud leave....so I wouldn't bet on him returning.

From Peter King: 

In Detroit, I hear Pats defensive coordinator Matt Patricia is the choice over Houston’s defensive boss, Mike Vrabel—but Patricia favors the Giants. If the Giants give the nod to Patricia, Detroit could be Vrabel’s job.

Interesting bit of info. We still should have a chance at Wilks unless Arizona gets him. And Vrabel to the Lions is...interesting.

10 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

From Peter King: 

In Detroit, I hear Pats defensive coordinator Matt Patricia is the choice over Houston’s defensive boss, Mike Vrabel—but Patricia favors the Giants. If the Giants give the nod to Patricia, Detroit could be Vrabel’s job.

Interesting bit of info. We still should have a chance at Wilks unless Arizona gets him. And Vrabel to the Lions is...interesting.

All this is almost saying: McDaniels is the new Colts HC...

Interesting reports that "all signs" point to Patricia for the Giants.  Seemed a lock for the Lions but this could change the landscape a bit:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/10/reports-signs-point-to-matt-patricia-as-giants-coach/

Obviously unconfirmed reports but interesting nonetheless based on the impression he was off the board.

Edit:

Sorry @Fisticuffs111, missed that you had posted similar........

10 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

Interesting reports that "all signs" point to Patricia for the Giants.  Seemed a lock for the Lions but this could change the landscape a bit:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/10/reports-signs-point-to-matt-patricia-as-giants-coach/

Obviously unconfirmed reports but interesting nonetheless based on the impression he was off the board.

Edit:

Sorry @Fisticuffs111, missed that you had posted similar........

That's alright, you actually posted a link so kudos hah.

I know it's frustrating for us, the fans, not knowing what's happening, but I honestly am happy that Ballard seems to be running a tight ship and noone is mouthing off. It's extremely impressive that we don't even know if Ballard is interviewing Toub, who was supposedly one of the favorites for the job. Quite astounding. 

12 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I wonder why Will Carroll thinks it's counterproductive to prevent leaks.

Maybe counterproductive to reporters/writers? Because I imagine a lot of FO's wish they could prevent leaks to this extent.

Because he thinks he's entitled to information, which he isn't. Don't pay his moaning any attention. 

Well, that can't be a good message to send to potential candidates. Thanks, Brad. From the same guy's twitter (Kaplan) who tweeted about Colts being "all in on Nagy."

Great stuff from KC asst. Brad Childress on Kap and Co. on @espn1000: “I know for a fact, this is a people business + he felt entirely more comfortable w/the people he sat with during the Bears interview than he did after meeting w/the Colts”. (1)(2) More Childress on @espn1000: “ That’s quite statement because the guy at the Colts was w/us for 5 yrs. in KC. I felt full on from him that they were 2 different kind of interviews and he was enthralled by the people w/the Bears and the Bears situation to jump in that boat.

Just now, Mr.Debonair said:

Why is Wilks a hot name? I don't know much about him but it appears he hasn't even been a play calling coordinator for more than a year in the NFL. That type of hire screams Pagano all over again IMO

Maybe because he coached Panthers D for a year, but not that sold on him now either.

17 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Wow. Thanks Brad.

Great stuff from KC asst. Brad Childress on Kap and Co. on @espn1000: “I know for a fact, this is a people business + he felt entirely more comfortable w/the people he sat with during the Bears interview than he did after meeting w/the Colts”. (1)(2) More Childress on @espn1000: “ That’s quite statement because the guy at the Colts was w/us for 5 yrs. in KC. I felt full on from him that they were 2 different kind of interviews and he was enthralled by the people w/the Bears and the Bears situation to jump in that boat.

His son is on the colts staff so that's weird.

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Why does everyone think it's Toub? It was leaked that we interviewed Nagy I'm sure if we were interviewing Toub it would have been leaked the same time 

I just wouldn't be surprised if he was interviewed without word surfacing. At the same time I wouldn't at all be surprised if he hasn't even been reached out to.

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I think the 3-4 when done correctly is a better defense I waited forever to change to it and now we wanna give up cause grigson and pagano sucked 

I think most of what we've been doing under Monachino is similar to the style they play in Carolina and Seattle.     Good defense is good defense either way is how I see it.   I'm only against the scheme switch if it truly wouldn't fit our personnel and we have to get rid of a lot of guys.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

I think most of what we've been doing under Monachino is similar to the style they play in Carolina and Seattle.     Good defense is good defense either way is how I see it.   I'm only against the scheme switch if it truly wouldn't fit our personnel and we have to get rid of a lot of guys.

We need a Baltimore style D what I thought chuck would bring yet never happened 

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

I can deal with Wilks because he loves to blitz just as much as the Baltimore style.

They were up around the 50 percent marker in Carolina for blitzes.

7 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I think the 3-4 when done correctly is a better defense I waited forever to change to it and now we wanna give up cause grigson and pagano sucked 

I personally don't think one style is better than the other. To me, it all comes down to personnel brought it to fit the chosen scheme. 

36 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Well, that can't be a good message to send to potential candidates. Thanks, Brad. From the same guy's twitter (Kaplan) who tweeted about Colts being "all in on Nagy."

Hmmm, so Colts didn’t kiss butt, or what? haha

Not really sure what is being implied here though. 

8 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

sure it did.  Pagano just didn't have the same level of talent here that he had in Baltimore.  But the style of defense, the scheme, is definitely the same or at least very similar

Here's interesting discussion on the Ringer by Michael Lombardi. Go to 31:00 for Nagy to Chicago discussion. At 35:30 he says the Colts had a secret interview yesterday with another coach! He doesn't say who it was, but he says the Colts were NOT on the Nagy train. 

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

Here's interesting discussion on the Ringer by Michael Lombardi. Go to 31:00 for Nagy to Chicago discussion. At 35:30 he says the Colts had a secret interview yesterday with another coach! He doesn't say who it was, but he says the Colts were NOT on the Nagy train. 

Which is the exact opposite of what Holder and Kravitz have said.