Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The New Leron Landry

IndyTrav

After seeing that top picture, I can't help but think he's roiding. The bottom one isn't too insane; football players are built like mad, they are freaks of nature. But that top one definitely makes me think he is on juice.

No doubt about it. I bet he gets his "random" drug test very soon after these came out. Seriously, his arms are Mr. Olympia big. No way he's natural

That top pic looks fake. I personally could care less if he is on roids. Theres nothing wrong with it as long as you know what you are doing and don't abuse them. And do any of us honestly think that Bob Sanders wasn't doing them while he was with us?

Nope, Bob definitely was. That's why his biceps kept popping off randomly.

You can't say definitively that he did or anyone else did...Bob haters, I'm looking at you. That's why I didn't say he is on roids, I just said he looks to me like he is and that I wouldn't be surprised if he is. His arms in that top pic are massive

You're absolutely right. I have should have clarified with "In my opinion".

You can't say definitively that he did or anyone else did...Bob haters, I'm looking at you. That's why I didn't say he is on roids, I just said he looks to me like he is and that I wouldn't be surprised if he is. His arms in that top pic are massive

I'm in no way a Bob hater, he was one of my favorites. But there is a distinctive look that steroid users have, and Bob has it. I'm 95% sure he's on them. Like I said, I don't think theres anything wrong with that anyways

I'm in no way a Bob hater, he was one of my favorites. But there is a distinctive look that steroid users have, and Bob has it. I'm 95% sure he's on them. Like I said, I don't think theres anything wrong with that anyways

You don't? I think I'm misinterpreting your statement here. You're saying it's ok for players to use PEDs or steroids?

Well, since it's against the rules I'm not okay with it. But I don't think it should be against the rules.

Why not? It gives players an unfair advantage. It removes the human element from the game; their accomplishments won't be due to their hard work and talents, it will be due to taking steroids. Just look at baseball. Anyone really believe Barry Bonds is the true home run king? To me, it's still Hank Aaron

Why not? It gives players an unfair advantage. It removes the human element from the game; their accomplishments won't be due to their hard work and talents, it will be due to taking steroids. Just look at baseball. Anyone really believe Barry Bonds is the true home run king? To me, it's still Hank Aaron

It's not like taking steroids turns you into superman. It still involves a lot of hard work. I don't do them myself but my closest friend does and he works harder than most people. IMO at least half of the NFL are on either steroids or HGH, and thats okay

It's not like taking steroids turns you into superman. It still involves a lot of hard work. I don't do them myself but my closest friend does and he works harder than most people. IMO at least half of the NFL are on either steroids or HGH, and thats okay

The way steroids work is that they accentuate/promote protein synthesis. You break down the muscle fibres when you go to the gym, so your body must create more muscle fibres to keep up with the demand to prevent your body from being hurt. However, if you hadn't taken the steroids, you wouldn't be as big. So the work is still involved because you still need to go to the gym and lift the weights, but it's kind of like synthetic protein synthesis. You're adding an external substance to your body to give yourself an advantage. I don't think it's fair to allow everyone to do it; part of the fascination we have with sports and athletes is their physical abilities. It's insane that Stephen Paea can lift 225 lbs 49 times on the bench press, no average person can do that. However, if everyone took external substances, the amazing abilities of these athletes gets nullified because you aren't really sure how much of it is their natural body and how much of it is stuff they bought.

The more I think about it and look at it, the more I believe the top pic is photoshopped

It's a camera perspective trick that's making his arm appear so huge. I do the same thing when taking photos of big cats that I yank out of the White River. I hold the fish in front of me with my arms extended, making the fish appear to be bigger than it is. It's a common trick us fisherman like to use.

landryhuge.jpg

From the front, his arm doesn't appear to be from such a skewed perspective.

It's a camera perspective trick that's making his arm appear so huge. I do the same thing when taking photos of big cats that I yank out of the White River. I hold the fish in front of me with my arms extended, making the fish appear to be bigger than it is. It's a common trick us fisherman like to use.

landryhuge.jpg

From the front, his arm doesn't appear to be from such a skewed perspective.

Yeah, and he is angled so that you can't see his other arm. That's another thing that leads me to think it's fake. The second picture seems normal...considering football players are freaks of nature...

In all fairness, Bonds was a HoF player before he started doing roids. He is a prime example of what happens when truly great players actually use roids, as opposed to guys like McGwire and Sosa, who were just average players. And in Bonds defense, how many pitchers were using roids during his run?

Are steriods cheating, yes. But if everyone is doing it, then there really isn't an unfair advantage. Thats where the waters get muddy in baseball.

In all fairness, Bonds was a HoF player before he started doing roids. He is a prime example of what happens when truly great players actually use roids, as opposed to guys like McGwire and Sosa, who were just average players. And in Bonds defense, how many pitchers were using roids during his run?

Are steriods cheating, yes. But if everyone is doing it, then there really isn't an unfair advantage. Thats where the waters get muddy in baseball.

Yeah, but to me, if everyone is using steroids, some of the excitement gets lost. Why is it that we are so amazing when we see a 250 lbs linebacker run 40 yards in 4.5 seconds? Or see a 180 lbs cornerback bench 225 lbs 15 times? It's because they are showing us what the human body can do. That's part of the fascination. Take an average 250 lbs person or 180 lbs person and they won't be able to accomplish those feats naturally. Now, if everyone uses steroids, then the amazing athletic feats these players can accomplish become ordinary because anyone can do them.

Yeah, but to me, if everyone is using steroids, some of the excitement gets lost. Why is it that we are so amazing when we see a 250 lbs linebacker run 40 yards in 4.5 seconds? Or see a 180 lbs cornerback bench 225 lbs 15 times? It's because they are showing us what the human body can do. That's part of the fascination. Take an average 250 lbs person or 180 lbs person and they won't be able to accomplish those feats naturally. Now, if everyone uses steroids, then the amazing athletic feats these players can accomplish become ordinary because anyone can do them.

That isn't true. The steroids may allow you to train more intensely but they don't change your genetics.

Lots of guys have used steroids but how many Arnold Schwarzeneggers have there been?

That isn't true. The steroids may allow you to train more intensely but they don't change your genetics.

Lots of guys have used steroids but how many Arnold Schwarzeneggers have there been?

True, they don't change your genetics, but I don't think it's as amazing a feat. I can't bench anywhere near 225 lbs, but if I took steroids for a while and trained more intensely, I would get there. Whereas if I didn't take steroids and just stuck with training intensely, getting there would be hard. Roids make it easier. It's like giving someone a math exam, but giving them a calculator. Sure, they'll get 100% and it'll look great, but what good is it if everyone else is given a calculator and they all get 100% too?

Just to poke my head in, it's absolutely NOT TRUE that you can't get that big without using steroids or something else illegal. In the offseason, a pro athlete who trains hard and takes supplements can usually put on a lot of muscle.

Now, that dude is monstrous, and I wouldn't be surprised if he got caught using something, but the eyeball test isn't scientific at all.

the redskins tagged fred davis and there hasnt been any talk about landry getting resigned which means he will hit the market. i hope we atleast consider bringing him in. we would have the best safety tandem in the nfl.