Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Mack stiff arm on Clowney

RockThatBlue

3 hours ago, BR-549 said:

Here is the stiff arm

If you are talking about Clowney leading with his helmet I haven't found a clip with just that play.  It was evident during the game that his helmet, the crown, hit Mack in the side of his helmet.

Thanks BR. That's the play I was talking about. That was awesome.

2 hours ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I think I was just as impressed by how Mack picked up the blitz in this game.  The straight arm was awesome, but Mack really impressed me with his blocking.  He has shown growth in that area in my opinion.

I agree.  I really do think he grew and improved tremendously throughout the season.  He will be a very good #2 back for us some day, maybe our workhorse but more likely a complement. 

I hope we grab one more back that is a grade above him and then we have the backfield we need... endless possibilities.  BTW, Barkley would be my dream back, but we need pass rush first so I would understand not putting much draft value on Barkley...  To be clear, I won't be mad at all if we do in fact grab SB at #3    : )

19 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

With the Browns with pick 1 and 4 I could very well see them taking Barkley with the #1 and a QB with pick 4.

If that scenario plays out then the Colts would be in prime position to trade the third pick to a team looking to get the jump on the Browns for one of the top QBs.  

2 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

If that scenario plays out then the Colts would be in prime position to trade the third pick to a team looking to get the jump on the Browns for one of the top QBs.  

True but there are more than enough top QBs to be taken even if they don't trade at all. They would have to think we wasn't taking a QB with the #3.

If the Giants roll with Manning they could very well take Barkley.

21 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

If the Browns are confident in taking a QB at 4 they will take him at one.  You can survive missing out on a franchise rb. Miss out on a franchise QB and heads will roll.

2 hours ago, BOTT said:

If the Browns are confident in taking a QB at 4 they will take him at one.  You can survive missing out on a franchise rb. Miss out on a franchise QB and heads will roll.

True but CC1's hypothetical scenario that I was referencing had the Browns taking the RB in the 1st.  Which is started my reply post by saying "if that scenario plays out".