Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Walker and his 2 starts

zvich

Just now, Boiler_Colt said:

Hes shown me more in two starts than Morrison has in two years. I think he can be serviceable. Basham was getting pressure today too. Both those guys were quietly very good on special teams this year as well.

If Basham is here next season, I think he's gonna surprise some people. I've noticed he's been getting pressures more often the last few weeks

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

He was all over the place . Looked serviceable. Quincy Wilson also looked pretty good

Yeah, Walker looks promising.  Wilson was very good, bad call on his PI.  

With Desir, Hairston, and if Melvin doesn’t break the bank, we have a more than decent CB corps.  Gaithers, Hooker and Farley at S.  Not a bad DB group.  

13 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

If he gets cut then it means we have about 5 guys better than him.  

But that hat ain’t happening.  

13 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

I would be more concerned about who's getting cut as far as corners go wilson has shown he can be a starter I think desir might get cut I know moore will definitely be gone

Yeah may be an interesting cut day that's for sure 

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

With Desir, Hairston, and if Melvin doesn’t break the bank, we have a more than decent CB corps.  Gaithers, Hooker and Farley at S.  Not a bad DB group.  

I'm confident Melvin won't break the bank

2 minutes ago, BOTT said:

I'm confident Melvin won't break the bank

Rosenhaus is his agent, he’s coming off a really good year, and CBs are valuable in this league.   Plus he’s no spring chicken so this could be his last contract.  

I dont expect him to be with us next season.  

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

Not bad at all. Get a pass rush going and it’s a pretty solid defense we have. 

34 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Rosenhaus is his agent, he’s coming off a really good year, and CBs are valuable in this league.   Plus he’s no spring chicken so this could be his last contract.  

I dont expect him to be with us next season.  

I absolutely expect Melvin to be with the Colts next year. He won't get crazy money; I think he will get paid $6-7 million  per year for four years. And personally, I think he's worth that and will get paid that on the open market if the Colts don't step up. But Melvin is a Colt; I think he'll spend the rest of his career here. The Colts have the $; and he's worth it. 

2 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

Not bad at all. Get a pass rush going and it’s a pretty solid defense we have. 

If Ballard can shore up the Oline in free agency, that D can be good enough even without Chubb.  

Im coming around on Barkley.  

2 minutes ago, Hoose said:

I absolutely expect Melvin to be with the Colts next year. He won't get crazy money; I think he will get paid $6-7 million  per year for four years. And personally, I think he's worth that and will get paid that on the open market if the Colts don't step up. But Melvin is a Colt; I think he'll spend the rest of his career here. The Colts have the $; and he's worth it. 

He’s worth that much, but he’ll get more from someone else.  Being a Colt has nothing to do with it.  He probably only has one shot a big contract.  

No on Barkey. Grab Chubb and pick a RB in the 2nd round if the brain trust believes that is the highest need. Still serious quality at that point in the draft for RB. But no pass rushers. Pass rush is the major, major weak spot for the Colts. And there won't be a game changer in round 2 and beyond unless somebody is dead lucky. 

2 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

If Ballard can shore up the Oline in free agency, that D can be good enough even without Chubb.  

Im coming around on Barkley.  

The biggest help regardless is if Luck returns. I don’t even want to think his NFL career is over, but if he returns, the offensive line needs to be there. Agreed on that. If we can get Barkley 1st round and afford to get a quality guard or RT, then that should be good enough to get us rolling again. 

The defensive line line this year got penetration constantly. With a stud MLB, Shazier type, we’d have a legit defense and a powerhouse offense. It’s good to be a Colts fan with all the opportunity ahead. 

9 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Resist the darkside

There’s going to be so much evaluation going up to the draft, no one has a clue what we’ll do right now.  Not to mention how free agency affects the process. 

I like Barkley and don’t know a lot about Chubb.  Maybe we trade the pick and get Key or Farrell.  

24 minutes ago, Hoose said:

$6-7 millions? Wishful thinking. :)

I would be extremely happy if he stayed in Indy for a Vontae Davis-ish money ($10 per year). But I fear he'll get a Gilmore-like offer - 13-14 mill per, multi years - somewhere else. Remember Bouye got $15 after 1 good year, and Gilmore got $14 mill having only 1-2 nice to so-so seasons.

5 minutes ago, Peterk2011 said:

$6-7 millions? Wishful thinking. :)

I would be extremely happy if he stayed in Indy for a Vontae Davis-ish money ($10 per year). But I fear he'll get a Gilmore-like offer - 13-14 mill per, multi years - somewhere else. Remember Bouye got $15 after 1 good year, and Gilmore got $14 mill having only 1-2 nice to so-so seasons.

The difference is that they were both coming off a rookie contract and were in football terms a lot younger than Melvin.  8-10 is what he’ll probably make on the open market.

Sorry, but Melvin isnt getting double digit millions. He showed some genuine promise, but doesnt have the consistent history to deserve that money. I honestly believe he will be well paid but not at top #1 CB levels. A four year Colt offer at the right level and hes back. Just my opinion. Lock him down and the Defense's future gets easier to forecast and plot. But don't get me wrong; I think Melvin is a priority. Hope that gets done soon. 

5 hours ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Hes shown me more in two starts than Morrison has in two years. I think he can be serviceable. Basham was getting pressure today too. Both those guys were quietly very good on special teams this year as well.

Agree on Basham. I think he is coming on.

I like Walker he will be on the team next season, this topic seems to have turned in to a convo about Melvin and Desir, If we dont bring one or both back, that leaves our CB group at Wilson, Hairston and Moore. CB would instantly become ANOTHER need. I believe one of Ballards top priorities going forward should be resigning both of these guys, relieving the need to draft or pick up any secondary players in FA.

5 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

I like Walker he will be on the team next season, this topic seems to have turned in to a convo about Melvin and Desir, If we dont bring one or both back, that leaves our CB group at Wilson, Hairston and Moore. CB would instantly become ANOTHER need. I believe one of Ballards top priorities going forward should be resigning both of these guys, relieving the need to draft or pick up any secondary players in FA.

Moore sucks lol Melvin Hairston Desir wilson are better in that order I think we for sure keep these 4 

12 hours ago, Hoose said:

At worst Walker provides quality depth. At best, we have one of our starting ILBs.  I like the kid. But make no mistake; ILB needs to be a priority for the Colts next year. Both in Free Agency and the draft. 

Just saying we need Edge more then ILB in the draft cuz you dont pass on bradley chubb since henry anderson hasnt done anything these past years

14 minutes ago, Indy1996 said:

Just saying we need Edge more then ILB in the draft cuz you dont pass on bradley chubb since henry anderson hasnt done anything these past years

Anderson and Chubb don't play the same position.