Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

The other 4 ahead?

Emmitt Smith

Walter Payton

Barry Sanders

Curtis Martin

That's it.

That's pretty impressive company.  Frank runs with the most pure power in my opinion.  I would say that Payton had a lot of power as well, but it was more his quickness/shiftyness that got him most of his yards.

Frank Gore with a hundred!

HOUSTON TEXANS
Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
T. Yates 13/21 125 0 0
Rushing CAR YDS TD LG
A. Blue 18 39 1 8
L. Miller 8 37 0 16
Receiving REC YDS TD LG
C. Thompson 3 54 0 32
A. Blue 3 24 0 10
W. Fuller 2 17 0 13

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
J. Brissett 15/25 114 1 0
Rushing CAR YDS TD LG
F. Gore 24 100 0 16
M. Mack 7 28 1 12
Receiving REC YDS TD LG
J. Doyle 4 38 1 14
T. Hilton 3 14 0 9
F. Gore 3 11 0 5

8 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I am going to give some high praise to Chester Rogers. He is beginning to remind me of Clarence Verdin. He is a lot bigger than Verdin was, but he moves a lot like him. 

The kid makes plays.  He has since his 1st training camp.

he has made more from his limited playing time than others with much more time on the field.  Remember from day 1 in camp he , as an undrafted rookie, outshined number 1 pick Dorsett.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Move Pryor to RG and start Raimann at LT
    • After three games, a few things jump out at me:   O-Line is atrocious which is causing Ryan to throw some suicide balls, speed up his progressions, pretty much makes everything look hurried on O.     The playcalling of early runs so often allow opposing D's to stack the box early.  So our gains are minimal.  This allows them to tee up on our suspect o-line because they know the pass is coming.    Our defense is built to play well against second reaction play quarterbacks.  Mahomes, Rodgers are guys we usually play well against.  They don't tend to pull the trigger immediately and like to extend plays in the pocket before throwing.  Generally, our D feasts on these type of QB's.  I can't believe Andy Reid didn't scheme up a quit hitting passing gameplan for us.  If he watched Mills and Lawrence, they had free completions every single snap if they got the ball out on a 2 step drop or under 2 seconds.    This is why we struggle so much against pedestrian QB's and often make them look like pro-bowlers.  Our D' and the cushion that our corners play on a consistent basis is designed to gift the easy 5-7 yards and tighten up as the field gets shorter.  Problem is, most QB's are not greedy or talented enough to NOT take those yards- ala Mills and Lawrence- it's realistically the only thing they can accomplish.  Mahomes is so confident in his abilities to extend plays that it oddly masks a lot of our deficiencies on D.    I will wait and see if we can adapt our D to a passer more along the lines of a Tannehill next week. I want to see if we can jam up the short and intermediate passing game and still get to the QB while doing it before I believe we are worth anything from a D scheme standpoint.   Overall a good team win, albeit one that came with a bit of luck.  I don't think Ryan will bring us a Superbowl (in fact we would be lucky to win a playoff game with him as our QB), but I think he will be a good bridge to develop our young receivers and potentially a young signal caller when we draft one (and we absolutely need to) in the spring.     
    • him and pat Mahomes had almost similar stats yesterday.  So are you also going to say pat was garbage?
    • Pryor did fine. He was not the Olines issue. 
    • I honestly think it’s a scheme thing.  Parris has never been a 1 on 1, receiver.  We need to get him into space.  Him and Hines have the same problem right now, they’re not being schemed to get into spaces.     but, I give Reich some slack because it’s hard to scheme these types of weapons when teams stack the box and dare us to throw.  Other teams do not believe our weapons so that’s why we see a lot of man to man coverage.  If Woods and Pierce continue to step up, we may see a resurgence of Parris and Hines throughout the year.  And when that happens, JT will explode.
  • Members