LucasOilStadium

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lets sweep Houston! Picking 2nd or 3rd doesn't matter, we will still get the player we want no matter what and pick high on every round. I really don't want to lose again to Houston at home just so we can pick 2nd instead of 3rd. We aren't taking a QB so lets root for a win folks.

The difference in what we can get in a trade goes up a lot I don't care if we lose the haul we could get would be amazing 

Is it just me or does Geathers always seem to be around the tackle?? I am liking what I am seeing so far from him in his attempt to get back to form. Certainly doesn't appear afraid of hard hitting, which is good considering it's his speciality. Looking forward to Geathers-Hooker combo next year (and hopefully many more years to come!!).

Also, Wilson ain't looking bad either!! Him and Hairston definitely appear to have a future with the team. Imagine if we can either draft the other CB or keep Melvin/Desir and get some depth than we are set with a young and high upside secondary!!

LOL.  Really have to question the mentality of most NFL players.  With all the talk about CTE and its causes and harm.  After virtually any TD you see players hitting each other on the head and giving each other head butts.

I remember seeing one game where a D-Lineman made a really good stop.  As he was getting up his teammate slapped him on the head and he went down  Ended up being a concussion.  These guys are killing each other, lol.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• It is amazing that a lot of games can come down to only 1 or 2 game changing plays to determine a winner now days. It is a fine line between winning and losing. Tennessee won 4 games last year (At Seattle, Here, 49ers, Saints)  that I can remember because lady luck was on their side. They could have easily lost all of those games and been an 8-9 team. They would somehow get a crucial INT late when the opposing QB had a brain fart or they would convert a 4th and long then win on a last 2nd FG. Back in the day when we had Peyton we could make 2 or 3 mistakes and get away with it most of the time, now we can't nor can most teams.
    • Last year should be a case study for why it's very hard to win games in the NFL. Plenty of teams who should have won more, lost. Plenty of teams who should've lost, won. Gone are the days of cut and dry guaranteed winners. On paper the Bills should easily win their division, but in reality the flipping Dolphins could even win that title. 
    • I agree the OL doesn’t look elite now.   The difference is….   I wasn’t expecting it.   Not with two new guys.   And I’m not expecting it by wk1 of the regular season.    Too soon.    But I’m expecting it to be good enough to win with until it gets better.    Kevin Bowen has written our OL is no longer elite, but it can still be very good.   And I think that’s fair.   That’s what I’m hoping for.  
    • I agree with your last sentence for sure.  It looks like some on this thread don't realize the complexity of Oline play. And a major caveat here is that you can't really simulate the effectiveness in the running game, as I have stated almost every time I've commented on the oline.     However NCF, our Oline has also been getting beat up quite often in 1 on 1 matchups.  It's pretty evident.  In pass pro, most and at times all 5 linemen are going to be on their own.  Our pass pro was horrendous last season, and that can be largely accounted for by injury, but it was also horrendous late in the season, and unless people are hiding injury, we were mainly healthy.  If we have to chip and keep people in to combat this, then an already underwhelming pass catching unit will be even less whelming.    We don't look like a top unit right now, and if you don't see that, then we just see things differently.   I think it's imperative to this team's success that the OLINE plays at an elite or at least near elite level since there is so much invested in it, but right now it seems fairly obvious to me anyway that we don't seem to be on that trajectory.  
    • Lions IMO will be better than most people think this year. I have them at 5 wins, maybe 6. They lost a lot of close games last year. I could care less it was just the Lions, they are an NFL team. I suppose on opening day when we beat Houston, some will say it was only Houston  . Some in here think winning in the NFL is easy. Suit up and explain it to me 
  • Members