Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Texans Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

6 minutes ago, esmort said:

I dont think anyone complaining expected Pagano or the players would try to lose. The frustration is that Pagano costing us by winning a meaningless game is kind of a reminiscent of his incompetent coaching. 

Why are you blaming a coach for winning?  He's supposed to motivate his team and that is what he did.

Please answer CGI4life's post above.  What should he do to tell his team to "throw" this game so that the organization can get a better pick?  "Forget about playing for your jobs.  Just go out and play like crap."

Really...

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, esmort said:

I dont think anyone complaining expected Pagano or the players would try to lose. The frustration is that Pagano costing us by winning a meaningless game is kind of a reminiscent of his incompetent coaching. 

Exactly the guy blows every other game 

1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Why are you blaming a coach for winning?  He's supposed to motivate his team and that is what he did.

Please answer CGI4life's post above.  What should he do to tell his team to "throw" this game so that the organization can get a better pick?  "Forget about playing for your jobs.  Just go out and play like crap."

Really...

Read... What are you not understanding? I said I didn't expect Pagano to try to lose... of course I expected he and the players to try and win. But, Pagano's tenure as coach is filled with good intentions that backfired, didn't work, and didn't help the Colts. This win is a snapshot of his career. If you don't understand that why people are frustrated than I don't know how to make it any more simple for you. 

4 minutes ago, esmort said:

Read... What are you not understanding? I said I didn't expect Pagano to try to lose... of course I expected he and the players to try and win. But, Pagano's tenure as coach is filled with good intentions that backfired, didn't work, and didn't help the Colts. This win is a snapshot of his career. If you don't understand that why people are frustrated than I don't know how to make it any more simple for you. 

So his wanting to win a game is bad for the team.  Okay.  Now I'm clear on it.

Thanks.

I'm outta' here.

1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

So his wanting to win a game is bad for the team.  Okay.  Now I'm clear on it.

Thanks.

I'm outta' here.

Your reading comprehension is lacking or you are being purposely difficult. His winning the game did not help the franchise and potentially cost them draft pick so yes in a way his wanting to win was bad for the team. 

Don't let me stop you from celebrating this marvelous meaningful win and everything Pagano brought to the team over his tenure. 

1 hour ago, CF4L said:

You're naive (or deluded) if you think the Colts wouldn't want a #2 pick compared to a #3 pick. There's no point to the Colts winning a game in a lost season beyond boosting team pride. 

I mean you think the Colts wanted to win another game in 2011 and cost them the #1 spot in Andrew Luck? 

That being said good for them that they did win I'm sure it was a trying season for this team with how bad this year was to end on a good note.

They damn well played to win. When you play a division opponent it’s never a meaningless win. I sure as hell don’t watch hoping the lose. That’s  ignorant. 

Losing teams lose even when they get top 2 picks (Ahem Cleveland).

Settling for losing breeds being ok with losing.