Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

Colts Vs. Texans Game Day Thread

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, esmort said:

 

I dont think anyone complaining expected Pagano or the players would try to lose. The frustration is that Pagano costing us by winning a meaningless game is kind of a reminiscent of his incompetent coaching. 

Why are you blaming a coach for winning?  He's supposed to motivate his team and that is what he did.

Please answer CGI4life's post above.  What should he do to tell his team to "throw" this game so that the organization can get a better pick?  "Forget about playing for your jobs.  Just go out and play like crap."

Really...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, esmort said:

 

I dont think anyone complaining expected Pagano or the players would try to lose. The frustration is that Pagano costing us by winning a meaningless game is kind of a reminiscent of his incompetent coaching. 

Exactly the guy blows every other game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Why are you blaming a coach for winning?  He's supposed to motivate his team and that is what he did.

Please answer CGI4life's post above.  What should he do to tell his team to "throw" this game so that the organization can get a better pick?  "Forget about playing for your jobs.  Just go out and play like crap."

Really...

 

Read... What are you not understanding? I said I didn't expect Pagano to try to lose... of course I expected he and the players to try and win. But, Pagano's tenure as coach is filled with good intentions that backfired, didn't work, and didn't help the Colts. This win is a snapshot of his career. If you don't understand that why people are frustrated than I don't know how to make it any more simple for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, esmort said:

 

Read... What are you not understanding? I said I didn't expect Pagano to try to lose... of course I expected he and the players to try and win. But, Pagano's tenure as coach is filled with good intentions that backfired, didn't work, and didn't help the Colts. This win is a snapshot of his career. If you don't understand that why people are frustrated than I don't know how to make it any more simple for you. 

So his wanting to win a game is bad for the team.  Okay.  Now I'm clear on it.

Thanks.

I'm outta' here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

So his wanting to win a game is bad for the team.  Okay.  Now I'm clear on it.

Thanks.

I'm outta' here.

 

Your reading comprehension is lacking or you are being purposely difficult. His winning the game did not help the franchise and potentially cost them draft pick so yes in a way his wanting to win was bad for the team. 

 

Don't let me stop you from celebrating this marvelous meaningful win and everything Pagano brought to the team over his tenure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CF4L said:

 

You're naive (or deluded) if you think the Colts wouldn't want a #2 pick compared to a #3 pick. There's no point to the Colts winning a game in a lost season beyond boosting team pride. 

 

I mean you think the Colts wanted to win another game in 2011 and cost them the #1 spot in Andrew Luck? 

 

That being said good for them that they did win I'm sure it was a trying season for this team with how bad this year was to end on a good note.

 

 

They damn well played to win. When you play a division opponent it’s never a meaningless win. I sure as hell don’t watch hoping the lose. That’s  ignorant. 

 

Losing teams lose even when they get top 2 picks (Ahem Cleveland).

 

Settling for losing breeds being ok with losing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • FWI  I was listening to a local sports talk radio show discussing The Bills and who should they target in FA.   Second player on his list was Glowinski of the Colts to help bolster the interior of their OL. 
    • I wonder if there will be a scenario where the Colts could trade up for Oliver.   The guy I would love to trade up for would be Rashan Gary. I know he underperformed in college...but I don't care...from a skill set...he is the perfect fit for LDE in this defense.   I also really like Ferrell and Josh Allen (who is like a stronger Leonard with pass rush moves).   If the Colts had a playoff season and still got one of those four guys...wow.
    • Actually I think a performance deficiency is more harsh than a talent deficiency.  Performance means they didn't do their job well.  talent means they lack the attributes he is looking for.  To make it simple, if you want a guy with 4.5 speed but the current guy is a 4.7 speed guy, he may perform to the best of his abilities but doesn't have the skill or talent the position requires. My criticisms of you are derived from reading you posts, nothing more.
    • Just read where DT Gerald McCoy of the Bucs could get released for cap reasons.  They would save 13m.  His production is still very good and he would be turning 31 next month.  He's younger than Woods and Hunt.  
    • Agree 100%. I used to run a company before I retired and you cannot have discontent from one person as it spreads malcontent in the entire company fast. I will pass on the malcontents.
  • Members