LucasOilStadium

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Yeah but it doesn't really hurt us. There's not any great talent worth giving up a hauls worth of draft picks for. 

You say that as a non NFL GM or scout. It only takes one GM to love a particular player. Be it Rosen, or Darnold or Barkley or whomever.

Sounds to me like some of you want the Colts to win when you want them to, and then lose when you want them to. By that logic, we might as well lose every game in seasons when we don’t win the Super Bowl.

I am not going to try to argue with that kind of logic.I am out! :D 

Happy New Year!

1 minute ago, Buddy Lee said:

You say that as a non NFL GM or scout. It only takes one GM to love a particular player. Be it Rosen, or Darnold or Barkley or whomever.

Very true. But who's to say the Giants pick a QB? What if they pick Barkley instead ? Or Chubb? 

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

No we get it. But you all have blinders on and assume we'd get a trade offer. Heck just last night, espn was reporting that both of the top two QB prospects in college right now may both come back to college next year and not declare for the draft...... IF that happens, that's gonna shake things up bing time. Also, there's not currently any one player in this field that's worth a draft haul..... name one

If both go back 2 more take their place do you not know how QB needy teams are? 

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

No we get it. But you all have blinders on and assume we'd get a trade offer. Heck just last night, espn was reporting that both of the top two QB prospects in college right now may both come back to college next year and not declare for the draft...... IF that happens, that's gonna shake things up bing time. Also, there's not currently any one player in this field that's worth a draft haul..... name one

It's on the assumption that darnold and Rosen come out. And yes, a QB needy team would probably trade up.

1 minute ago, CF4L said:

Your point would actually be valid if I was going "nuts" over it.

I'm just pointing out a fact when we want Pagano to lose he wins and vice versa. Rather fitting with his stint here. 

I'm not that upset if I were you would actually know it(or probably not since this point completely passed you by)

I never said you specifically was going nuts or upset but many are here was my point. You did say Pagano was sticking it too Jimbo though which I don't see it as a sticking too because we drop 1 spot in the Draft.

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

If both go back 2 more take their place do you not know how QB needy teams are? 

Have you seen the list of proven FA QBs that are to be available? 

2 minutes ago, BOTT said:

It's on the assumption that darnold and Rosen come out. And yes, a QB needy team would probably trade up.

IF both don't come out, I imagine there'll be a run in FA QBs.... 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I never said you specifically was going nuts or upset but many are here was my point. You did say Pagano was sticking it too Jimbo though which I don't see it as a sticking too because we drop 1 spot in the Draft.

You're naive (or deluded) if you think the Colts wouldn't want a #2 pick compared to a #3 pick. There's no point to the Colts winning a game in a lost season beyond boosting team pride. 

I mean you think the Colts wanted to win another game in 2011 and cost them the #1 spot in Andrew Luck? 

That being said good for them that they did win I'm sure it was a trying season for this team with how bad this year was to end on a good note.

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Have you seen the list of proven FA QBs that are to be available? 

IF both don't come out, I imagine there'll be a run in FA QBs.... 

Sure, that just moves up guys we could potentially take at 3. It's a lose lose

Just now, CF4L said:

You're naive (or deluded) if you think the Colts wouldn't want a #2 pick compared to a #3 pick. There's no point to the Colts winning a game in a lost season beyond boosting team pride. 

I mean you think the Colts wanted to win another game in 2011 and cost them the #1 spot in Andrew Luck? 

That being said good for them that they did win I'm sure it was a trying season for this team with how bad this year was to end on a good note.

No but you don't deliberately lose either.

Just now, BOTT said:

Sure, that just moves potential guys we could take at 3. It's a lose lose

Perhaps. But what's funny is just two weeks ago... people were clamoring over the number 3........ 

some of you you need to grasp the concept that it's not always about where you draft but who you draft..... look at New England, have they picked any lower than 24-25 since 2003? Maybe once.... yet they're contenders every year

Just now, CF4L said:

We badly needed the #1 pick in 2011, we needed a QB. How hard is that for people to understand. Here picking 2nd or 3rd wont make a difference. I am done talking about this as whatever the Colts do they cant please hardly anyone it seems. Hell we should've just went 0-16 to make everyone happy I guess. Even had we done that, if the Browns got the tiebreaker they would blame Irsay lmao 

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't see it as sticking it too anyone. I am absolutely dying laughing at the people that are going mad nuts because we are picking 3rd instead of 2nd. It is not that big of a deal people. Man it is silly reading these comments.

Out of likes.  It is comical.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Perhaps. But what's funny is just two weeks ago... people were clamoring over the number 3........ 

some of you you need to grasp the concept that it's not always about where you draft but who you draft..... look at New England, have they picked any lower than 24-25 since 2003? Maybe once.... yet they're contenders every year

NE has better owner, coaches and personal then us.

Just now, csmopar said:

Give me BB and a healthy Luck and I won't worry about it. More options is a better situation for Chris Ballard trying to replenish a roster....what is hard to grasp about that?

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We badly needed the #1 pick in 2011, we needed a QB. How hard is that for people to understand. Here picking 2nd or 3rd wont make a difference. I am done talking about this as whatever the Colts do they cant please hardly anyone it seems. Hell we should've just went 0-16 to make everyone happy I guess. Even had we done that, if the Browns got the tiebreaker they would blame Irsay lmao 

Picking 2 instead of three helped the Rams quite a bit in 2012

We don't know how much one draft spot would benefit us... could mean a lot or nothing, but it wasn't worth one meaningless win just on the chance it could be a lot (even one more mid round pick on a trade down would be worth more than thus win.) 

19 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Sounds to me like some of you want the Colts to win when you want them to, and then lose when you want them to. By that logic, we might as well lose every game in seasons when we don’t win the Super Bowl.

I am not going to try to argue with that kind of logic.I am out! :D 

Happy New Year!

hahaha...so true.

Just now, BOTT said:

Picking 2 instead of three helped the Rams quite a bit in 2012

I think we will do well picking 3rd and could still trade down and get a lot if we choose too. We aren't even sure if the Giants will Draft a QB, they seem to be back on the Eli bandwagon. Assuming Rosen, Darnold, and Mayfield all come out that is 3 QB's right there alone many teams would want. I am not even sure Ballard would even want to trade down. Many are saying he may, but we can get a great player by just keeping the pick at #3 and picking high in each round. Picking 3rd is a great position to be in IMO.

12 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Bingo!  That's the  best post thus far today.

8 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

He wins and you complain.  You are clueless.  You obviously don't realize that the goal of the game is to win it.

He wins another meaningless game... of course I know they were going to try to win, but that doesn't make it any less irritating and so "Chuck-like". Seems like it is just another example of how things go with him. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think we will do well picking 3rd and could still trade down and get a lot if we choose too. We aren't even sure if the Giants will Draft a QB, they seem to be back on the Eli bandwagon. Assuming Rosen, Darnold, and Mayfield all come out that is 3 QB's right there alone many teams would want. I am not even sure Ballard would even want to trade down. Many are saying he may, but we can get a great player by just keeping the pick at #3 and picking high in each round. Picking 3rd is a great position to be in IMO.

Not convinced anybody is trading up high in the draft for mayfield.  I think at this point he is projected as fringe first rounder.  Long time until draft day though.

1 minute ago, BOTT said:

Not convinced anybody is trading up high in the draft for mayfield.  I think at this point he is projected as fringe first rounder.  Long time until draft day though.

Could be but Rosen and Darnold would have to go 1 and 2 to hurt our theory of picking 3rd hurts instead of 2nd regarding trading down. I am not sure that happens either. I am not so sure Mayfield isn't better than both of those guys either. He reminds me of Drew Brees a bit.

Honestly I would have loved the 2nd pick and was hoping we lost but I would not blame the coach or team for winning.  For the people blaming Chuck for the win please tell me what speech you give your team before the game asking them to loose on purpose?  How would that go?  I don't think we realize the negative affect it would have on your team and organization asking them to throw a game.

1 minute ago, cgi4life said:

Honestly I would have loved the 2nd pick and was hoping we lost but I would not blame the coach or team for winning.  For the people blaming Chuck for the win please tell me what speech you give your team before the game asking them to loose on purpose?  How would that go?  I don't think we realize the negative affect it would have on your team and organization asking them to throw a game.

Best post on this subject.

Could be but Rosen and Darnold would have to go 1 and 2 to hurt our theory of picking 3rd hurts instead of 2nd regarding trading down. I am not sure that happens either. I am not so sure Mayfield isn't better than both of those guys either. He reminds me of Drew Brees a bit.

Yeah,I'm not sold on darnold. Rosen is the QB to be had imo.

7 minutes ago, cgi4life said:

Agree.

3 minutes ago, cgi4life said:

I dont think anyone complaining expected Pagano or the players would try to lose. The frustration is that Pagano costing us by winning a meaningless game is kind of a reminiscent of his incompetent coaching.