Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Joshua Jackson

Ive been studying him lately. I really would if the Colts to trade back into the 20-30 range and grab this guy.

He is what Ballard "looks for". A ball hawk and turnover machine. Honestly Jackson has better pass defensive stats than the two DB's that's are getting most of the hype in Fitzpatrick and Ward.

i know the Colts have big need in a lot of places but this pick could secure our secondary for some years to come. Q.Wilson, J.Jackson, R.Melvin would be a solid group of CB's.

Here is a BR article about him. He also has some highlight and game tapes on YouTube.

http://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sports/college/columnists/chad-leistikow/2017/11/09/josh-jackson-iowa-hawkeyes-football-became-top-defensive-backs-journey-nfl/846401001/

5 hours ago, esmort said:

Depends on what picks and how many  we accumulated getting there. For the right price any pick is for sale. 

No you will never get the value moving from the top 5 to 20 or 30 plus even if it's future 1sts it's prolly from a good team so the picks will still suck 

34 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

No you will never get the value moving from the top 5 to 20 or 30 plus even if it's future 1sts it's prolly from a good team so the picks will still suck 

In another thread there are the discussions for a trade with Buffalo.  They move up and we get both of their 1st's this year and their 2nd rounder.  We can then take one of the 1st's and that 2nd and move back into the top 15.  That gives us a chance for someone top 15 and then another player top 25.  Plus the 3rd pick in the 2nd round.  So essentially you get 3 players in the top 35.  I would make that move in a heart beat.

If you can get a team like Denver to play ball, that is a different story. The 3rd pick gets you a real shot at a difference maker; picking in the mid and late first round is a different animal. You can get very good players; likely not a superstar. So trading all the way down to Buffalo.....I don't like it unless the haul is better than their 2 firsts and their 2nd rounder. Got to be more than that. 

Denver has the 6th pick. If you trade with them, you can still get a star player there, and their second rounder is very high as well. Pick up those and their 2019 second round pick and you've got something. 

3 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

In another thread there are the discussions for a trade with Buffalo.  They move up and we get both of their 1st's this year and their 2nd rounder.  We can then take one of the 1st's and that 2nd and move back into the top 15.  That gives us a chance for someone top 15 and then another player top 25.  Plus the 3rd pick in the 2nd round.  So essentially you get 3 players in the top 35.  I would make that move in a heart beat.

Why would buffalo wanna give up that much for a non QB? 

Just now, DaColts85 said:

I am not sure what your point is?  If they trade up my assumption would be that it is for a QB, this I thought was obvious?

Unless we get the 2nd pick we won't get any trade like the one you are suggesting and the odds of us getting 2 are very slim. My point was the bills are not trading all that to get to 3 

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Unless we get the 2nd pick we won't get any trade like the one you are suggesting and the odds of us getting 2 are very slim. My point was the bills are not trading all that to get to 3 

These are all possibilities and scenarios.  No one is saying I am right and you are wrong.  I will say that it is very possible a team moves up with us.  Giants do not have a guarantee to get a QB.  The Browns do not have a guarantee to get a QB with #1 either.  You could have a team want to jump the Browns before their #4 pick.  Multiple possibilities that could happen though.

13 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

The Bills might be said they overachieved this year. They might have like pick 18 and like 25 to trade us....and very likely next years first and I would say maybe a 3rd or something else. If they want their qb of the future they may move up. I also think that first next year might even be a top 10 pick as a rookie qb would likely lead to a lot of losses and your in the division with the Pats so well there is two L’s lol! That’s a real possibility. Taylor is gone...maybe they get a veteren or maybe they go young....considering they forced the coach to start that awful rookie Id say they want to draft one. If they fall in love with say Allen or Jackson or Mayfield they likely have to jump ahead of the Jets, Broncos and maybe Arizona to get the one they want...maybe it’s us and maybe we don’t but it’s a possibility. 

10 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

The QBs worth that deal will be gone 1st and 2nd overall 

As of right now there are4 QBs that project in the 1st round....

Darnold, Rosen,  Allen and Mayfield...    so some team may trade up in the range of 12-25 to get their QB....

Things could change...   but that's what I'm reading as if now.... 

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

As if right now there are4 QBs that project in the 1st round....

Darnold, Rosen,  Allen and Mayfield...    so some team may trade up in the range of 12-25 to get their QB....

Things could change...   but that's what I'm reading as if now.... 

I doubt Mayfield or Allen will get the haul that guy was talking about 

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

The Bills might be said they overachieved this year. They might have like pick 18 and like 25 to trade us....and very likely next years first and I would say maybe a 3rd or something else. If they want their qb of the future they may move up. I also think that first next year might even be a top 10 pick as a rookie qb would likely lead to a lot of losses and your in the division with the Pats so well there is two L’s lol! That’s a real possibility. Taylor is gone...maybe they get a veteren or maybe they go young....considering they forced the coach to start that awful rookie Id say they want to draft one. If they fall in love with say Allen or Jackson or Mayfield they likely have to jump ahead of the Jets, Broncos and maybe Arizona to get the one they want...maybe it’s us and maybe we don’t but it’s a possibility. 

If we can do it then I'm all for that but I would be shocked if any QB not named Darnold or Rosen got that much in a trade 

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I doubt Mayfield or Allen will get the haul that guy was talking about 

Well you only need 1 team to fall in love with the player to get a potentially great haul. Problem is, that's not exactly in our hands.

Colts gonna need a good combo of patience, decisiveness, and a bit of luck to get a huge return for the 3rd pick. 

IF the browns don't take a qb at #1 we have a good chance of gettin a lot of good picks. 

On the other hand.... Even when Darnold and Rosen are selected by the browns and giants, remember that the bears gave up 2 3rd and a 4th round pick this year, just to move up one spot to get Trubisky. Imo it's realistic to think that one of the qb needy teams behind us (broncos, jets, cardinals, jags, bills or even redskins) will get nervous and pull the trigger on a trade to the 3rd to get a qb bevor the best prospects are gone. 

24 minutes ago, gacoop1 said:

Why don't we take a QB? Luck is not a guarantee to return in full physical health. Use Luck as a trade bait see what you get.

Just think about what you just said.

1- I am pretty sure that Ballard is more informed at this point on Luck's medical outlook than anyone of us.

2- If Luck wasn't proven to be 100% his trade value would be nothing

3- No player in the league has a guarantee on them.

I'm an Iowa fan and Josh Jackson has been a lock down corner for the Hawkeyes.  He was huge in the win over Ohio St. I think he had 3 picks.

Only thing is that in the past Iowa has had some lockdown guys playing at corner and they've gone onto to the NFL and failed out quickly or only had ok careers.  None seem to have turned into dominate players.  The Iowa CB of recent memory with the best NFL career thus far has been Micah Hyde.

Iowa's had OL, DL, LB's and TE's who've had some really good NFL careers.  But while they've sent a few CB's into the NFL they don't seem to have had strong careers.   

10 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

I'm an Iowa fan and Josh Jackson has been a lock down corner for the Hawkeyes.  He was huge in the win over Ohio St. I think he had 3 picks.

Only thing is that in the past Iowa has had some lockdown guys playing at corner and they've gone onto to the NFL and failed out quickly or only had ok careers.  None seem to have turned into dominate players.  The Iowa CB of recent memory with the best NFL career thus far has been Micah Hyde.

Iowa's had OL, DL, LB's and TE's who've had some really good NFL careers.  But while they've sent a few CB's into the NFL they don't seem to have had strong careers.   

I would never compare one player to any previous players from position and school.  This is the craziest thing I have read in a while.  So stay away from Jackson because past CB's from Iowa have struggled?  What?  Grigson is that you...?  Miami produced a lot of great WR's so Phillip Dorsett is a great pick...the odds are there right?

15 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

I would never compare one player to any previous players from position and school.  This is the craziest thing I have read in a while.  So stay away from Jackson because past CB's from Iowa have struggled?  What?  Grigson is that you...?  Miami produced a lot of great WR's so Phillip Dorsett is a great pick...the odds are there right?

I didn't say we should stay away from him.  

I'm only saying I've seen other CB's at Iowa lock down opposing receivers in college but struggle in the pros.  

To be fair none where given first round grades though. 

8 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

As another Iowa fan, I don't understand this at all. Ignoring how little sense this line of thinking makes in general, Desmond King is currently PFF's 8th best rookie (at all positions) and their 12th best CB. And Josh Jackson has a skillset that projects much better to the NFL than King's did. So the most recent shutdown Iowa corner directly contradicts this idea.