Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nfl draft order tiebreaker question

coltsorioles

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Who is giving us a present 8 and a future 1st rounder for the No. 3 pick.

Again......fantasy football 

WE pick 3rd..Take the best player there (not a QB or RB)

Don't overthink it

Actually accordning to the chart it would be a very feasible trade.  #3 is 2200.  #8.1 is 1400.  8.3 is 230. And the future number one is typically scored as a second round pick so that would be another 500.  For a total of 2130 

On 12/25/2017 at 7:45 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Question is, who do we take at the 3rd? Chubb? Barkley? Nelson? or do we trade down with a team and maybe get like the 8th or 9th pick + an extra pick in Round 2 if we can pull that off? Nelson may even be there at 9.

I will take a Chubb please he is exactly what the colts defense needs!!

Umm I think I should point out something important.

I believe that if we did beat Houston however when we got to the 2nd round we would flip draft order with every other team with 4 wins.  Because the SOS tie breaker I think only applies to the 1st round and then in the later rounds you flip around.

So it's still to our benefit to lose to Houston.  Even if the Giants lose and we can't get the #2 pick.

8 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Umm I think I should point out something important.

I believe that if we did beat Houston however when we got to the 2nd round we would flip draft order with every other team with 4 wins.  Because the SOS tie breaker I think only applies to the 1st round and then in the later rounds you flip around.

So it's still to our benefit to lose to Houston.  Even if the Giants lose and we can't get the #2 pick.

I gave you a 'like' because you're correct.  But it's hard for me to root for a loss against an inferior team.  I know, logically, a win is meaningless.  The only time I ever sort of hoped for a loss was the last game of 2011, coming off the two wins.

One thing you have to give to the coaches, this team is still playing to win in spite of being out talented every week.

And really, does it really matter if we pick 3rd or 4th in the 2nd-7th rounds? 

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

I gave you a 'like' because you're correct.  But it's hard for me to root for a loss against an inferior team.  I know, logically, a win is meaningless.  The only time I ever sort of hoped for a loss was the last game of 2011, coming off the two wins.

One thing you have to give to the coaches, this team is still playing to win in spite of being out talented every week.

I hear ya. I can't ever root for a loss. Despite knowing we'd get a high draft pick, I wanna see wins. That said, I won't be upset if we were to lose at this point. But I won't hope for a loss either. 

And yeah, probably not a big concern after the 2nd round. But I can see where some fringe first round talent could drop out of the 1st round too. But after that, it's not a huge benefit 

3 hours ago, Smonroe said:

I've stopped watching for the most part and just hope they lose anyways. 

Regardless of 3 wins or 4 wins, Indy needs talent in a bad way at multiple positions.  Team that loses the most has the better chance of getting that talent.  

It's a sucky thing about pro-sports that once you can't qualify for the playoffs it's in your team's best interest to lose.  But that's the reality of it.  

QB, LT and ER.  The triumvirate that rules good teams.  Luck coming bac and drafting a top pass rusher and we are in business.  Yes, Castonzo can be replaced at some point but our forum tape watchers say he is still playing well.  Seattle has no offensive line like us but their defensive pressure and abilities keeps the in the hunt