Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017 Colts

Scott Pennock

In spite of not having Luck, and in spite of the number of other starters on the IR......these players play HARD from start to finish. 

They may get out-coached, but thier effort is there from whistle to whistle.

I've been a fan since 1984 and some of those $hitty teams you could tell when players had quit or half *ed it.

This bodes well for next year with the (hopefully) healthy return of those IR'd players, cash to spend in free agency and another potentially solid draft class with all of the top 3-5 picks in each round!

Personally, I'm happy to see the effort and can't wait until next year and the Colts returning to the top of the AFC South!

I recommend not trying to bypass the swear filter. 

I do do like the effort players give.  Some still need to go, such as Green, but the players Ballard brought in all play hard. Walker has been in maybe 5 games this year and was solid in coverage as a 5th rd rookie and blocked a punt. Basham gets close to sacks and he’s definitely improved. 

The injuries on defense allowed some younger guys to get some game time and I like it. Next year our depth will possibly be among the best in the league. Just finding starters and keeping them healthy is where we need to put focus on and we could be a good team

For the record, I want Pagano gone, but you just have to give Chuck credit for getting his team to play hard no matter the circumstance. Whatever he does in the locker room, the practise field, in meetings and on sidelines certainly gets his team going.

This is the NFL, obviously players want to win every week, but the way the sideline got hyped after Walkers punt block late showed they're about that dub right now, and not worried about the roster and staff slashing that will inevitably occur in a few weeks. I mean how many 3-12 teams can you say that about? 

I can't wait till this season is over, but this team really did show something at times this year. They played a lot of good teams real close at times, and for that, I respect em.

Agreed, the young guys thrust into action have played well at times and played hard! A few of the one year contracts played well enough to resign IF thier not seeking a butt load of money (Bostic, Mingo, Desir come to mind).

Ultimately, I hope we buy a couple stud free agent lineman in free agency (Jonathan Cooper and Gabe Jackson) and then stock up on playmakers in the draft on either side of the line!

30 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I think it's a safe bet Chuck will go all in to get him those 48 yards.

And he should. He owes it to them. If he does nothing else get Hilton to 1,000 to keep the streak alive. Maybe try and get Gore to 1,000. Give Wilson, Walker, and Mack as many snaps as possible.

And as much as we all can’t wait for him to be gone, it’d be nice to see him have this team ready and have them come out and play a full 60 mins.