Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

Colts @ Ravens Saturday Game Day Thread

Recommended Posts

We have brought pressure on only a couple of plays. 

 

Every pass play the Ravens draw up is quick hitting. We need to just come after Flacco, and take the chance of giving up something big. 

 

We are coaching scared!

 

Let these players ball out. Put it on them to win today!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, coltsfansince65 said:

I hate this soft zone defense

 

It sucks to witness the coward play-calling. I would rather lose by 3 or 4 scores than play prevent defense all game.

 

The coaches have absolutely no faith at all in these players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

 

It sucks to witness the coward play-calling. I would rather lose by 3 or 4 scores than play prevent defense all game.

 

The coaches have absolutely no faith at all in these players. 

The only thing it prevents is getting your defense off the field

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

 

It sucks to witness the coward play-calling. I would rather lose by 3 or 4 scores than play prevent defense all game.

 

The coaches have absolutely no faith at all in these players. 

Agreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

I hate this soft zone defense

Dungy won a bunch of battles with it. Could be 9-7, but half the secondary was playing bingo or something and gave up a TD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

We have brought pressure on only a couple of plays. 

 

Every pass play the Ravens draw up is quick hitting. We need to just come after Flacco, and take the chance of giving up something big. 

 

We are coaching scared!

 

Let these players ball out. Put it on them to win today!

we cant bring pressure and cover....we don't have the athletes

You have to try to win,..not just open the door for scores

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Pagano;s making it rain, too

That plays into the Colts' strength against the run. Best move he's made in a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

we cant bring pressure and cover....we don't have the athletes

 

I would rather lose trying to win. Our coaches are not giving our defense a chance to make a play. They have no confidence in these players. 

 

We have to come after Flacco or we have no chance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Roger said:

That plays into the Colts' strength against the run. Best move he's made in a while.

Pagano moved the game to Baltimore so our fans could not attend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mahagga73 said:

Why is Aiken still on this team . Guy has cost them at least 2 wins this year. 

 

I thought it was a terrible signing. 

 

Not that I am always right, but the Ravens let him walk for a reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

 

I would rather lose trying to win. Our coaches are not giving our defense a chance to make a play. They have no confidence in these players. 

 

We have to come after Flacco or we have no chance. 

I disagree ..not against this team....

Confidence? Most of our players on he field are backups on defense

Ravens aren't explosive on offense....no safety help and single coverage in the secondary probably guarantees losing big

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BlueShoe said:

 

I thought it was a terrible signing. 

 

Not that I am always right, but the Ravens let him walk for a reason. 

He can't catch the football. He's useless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

Why is Aiken still on this team ?  Guy has cost them at least 2 wins this year. 

I blame Pagano.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, oldunclemark said:

The coaches and players would not rather lose,.,.gambling....

Confidence? Most of our players on he field are backups on defense

Ravens aren't explosive on offense....no safety help and single coverage in the secondary probably guarantees losing big

 

Are you watching the same game I am?

 

I don't think you are, Sir!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This whole half has been pretty much another example of our awesome receiving corp.... wow

 

Plenty of clapping though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Roger said:

I blame Pagano.

Got to be his fault....I heard he gave the Ravens ugly uniforms just so our guys wouldnt tackle them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Heres a good example..we can rush 3 or 4 and drop 7 or 8

 

or we can 'go after him' with 6 or 7 and give up a TD

Or get to the QB once in a while

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

 

Are you watching the same game I am?

 

I don't think you are, Sir!

The one where were down 13-7 on the road against a  playoff team?  That game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Heres a good example..we can rush 3 or 4 and drop 7 or 8

 

or we can 'go after him' with 6 or 7 and give up a TD

 

Basically we either have balls or we don't have balls. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I disagree ..not against this team....

Confidence? Most of our players on he field are backups on defense

Ravens aren't explosive on offense....no safety help and single coverage in the secondary probably guarantees losing big

 

I disagree with you.

 

These coaches are cowards!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

 

Basically we either have balls or we don't have balls. 

Or because 13-7 at the half isntt so bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

The one where were down 13-7 on the road against a  playoff team?  That game?

 

We are down in this game, aren't we?

 

Wonder why that is.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Or because 13-7 at the half isntt so bad

 

Have you watched the 2017 Colts?

 

Being down at halftime is not a good thing. You think this gets better?

 

Someone get this man a drink! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

 

Have you watched the 2017 Colts?

 

Being down at halftime is not a good thing. You think this gets better?

 

Someone get this man a drink! 

I agree with OldUncleMark. A dropped pass by Aiken, a blocked field goal, a missed field goal by 1 yard and a confused secondary gives up an easy TD on 3rd and goal from the 6, for a 13-7 half. The game plan is good enough to be winning. The players have to own up to this score. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ColtsBlitz said:

Brissett is doing much better against the blitz than in past games. 

Chuck's clapping is building his self esteem and his confidence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Douzer said:

I agree with OldUncleMark. A dropped pass by Aiken, a blocked field goal, a missed field goal by 1 yard and a confused secondary gives up an easy TD on 3rd and goal from the 6, for a 13-7 half. The game plan is good enough to be winning. The players have to own up to this score. 

 

If trends stay consistent then we will lose this game by 4 touchdowns. 

 

I am no where near a Nostradamus, but that vision is even clear to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Based on his game by game stats here are my impressions.     He folded against some of the better teams.  I understand he doesn't have the talent around him to pull out a win in these games, but I expect a good future NFL QB to have a decent game where he would at least post a stat line that would show that they are alone willing the offense to moving.   Just doesn't happen.     Against LSU - 15/30 for 130 yards 0 TD's 3 INT's   Again I get that he probably had to play hero ball here but I would like to see some hero ball that is actually successful   Against BYU   29/49 394 yds 1 TD 3 INT   His team was down only by 7 at the half.   So you can't excuse his 3 picks on him having to force things.  He chose to force things.    On top of that in games that are competitive.   Against Wake forest.  A game that I will note Utah State was leading at the half  (No excuses)   33/48 416 yds, 3 TD's and 3 Int's.  Given that this was a 3 point game his int's probably cost his team the game here.     On top of that he had an RB that had 141 yards on 19 attempts for 7.1 yds/carry.     Against Nevada which they won handily.     13/31 169 yards 1 TD 1 Int.  In this game he had 2 RB's over 8 yards per carry, another at 6.2 yards per carry, Defense chipped in 2 Int's and he had a kick return for a TD.   Who the heck throws 31 times with your run game and defense destroying them like this?     To be fair towards the end of the season and the bowl game he had some pretty strong games.   But I don't think I can look at this and say "he was on a bad team".  To me the best construction I can put on this is a guy who started believing his own hype, called his own number far more often than he should and endangered the ball far more than he should have in order to impress the scouts.   To be fair if that is the case it can be corrected and it does seem like he might have done that late in the season, in fact he has some statistically solid to good games towards the end of the season after his team was destroyed by BYU.   But at the same time at the beginning of the season he never seemed to lift his team to victory and based on the stats it seems like he might have called his own number or forced some things that actually cost his team the victory.   This does raise questions about his maturity which I think he has to answer.        
    • I 100% agree, and I see the Chargers being the winners if they want him.  Makes sense, his family is there, they already have a home in LA I believe, and he get to prove he was great even without BB.. (the last part be harder to prove at his age.. now 5 years ago yes.. lol)
    • I heard Colin Cowherd say he thinks we are the best fit for him next year if he doesn’t re-sign with NE. Creative coach, great organisation, excellent young O-line.  Personally, I think he’ll re-sign with NE, just putting that out there.   Thinking objectively about this here. Brady is at least top 2 in GOAT status. His football IQ is off the charts and his drive and leadership is close to being unrivalled. Seeing that we have his former understudy and good friend JB in the QB room currently, would he want to sign here?   At #13 I think we miss out on Burrow, Tua & Herbert. If we were to not pickup a QB early, would you support signing Brady to start/mentor JB for another year and try again next year at a QB of the future?    
    • I wouldn't say this upcoming draft or even possibly the 2021 NFL draft will define Ballard as a GM, but this will be his toughest draft yet in my opinion. I realize that you have to draft best player available, but yet QB is always in the back of your mind. Whether he decides to pull the trigger on a QB, that could possibly define him. Hopefully the scouts and Ballard do the best possible job with the QB scenario because it's going to be super tough to pick in my opinion.
    • I would never do it today unless it was my girlfriend. Different times now. I think people overeact too much, but it is what it is.
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...