Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ryan kelly and jon bostic going to IR

VaAllDay757

It is what it is....I'm not so sure I've been super thrilled with Ryan's play so far. For a high draft pick I'd say his performance has just been avg. Not sure I'd say he has been a real difference maker in the run game or anything special. Hopefully he is healthy next year and takes that next step.

12 minutes ago, dgambill said:

It is what it is....I'm not so sure I've been super thrilled with Ryan's play so far. For a high draft pick I'd say his performance has just been avg. Not sure I'd say he has been a real difference maker in the run game or anything special. Hopefully he is healthy next year and takes that next step.

Get a couple average to above average guards on either side of him, and I think that Kelly will indeed SHINE as one of the better centers in the league, IF he can stop getting injured.  I think the only disappointing thing so far is that he keeps getting whatever little injuries and then having to deal with the injuries stunts his further development.

I have no worries about Kelly.  I think it remains clear that he is a solid building block.  The issue is, though, the OL has five blocks, but the Colts only have two blocks in that equation.  Two guards and a right tackle still need to be established.

If I am the GM, I am doing WHATEVER I can to insert three more quality OL building blocks, by any and all means possible.

4 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Get a couple average to above average guards on either side of him, and I think that Kelly will indeed SHINE as one of the better centers in the league, IF he can stop getting injured.  I think the only disappointing thing so far is that he keeps getting whatever little injuries and then having to deal with the injuries stunts his further development.

I have no worries about Kelly.  I think it remains clear that he is a solid building block.  The issue is, though, the OL has five blocks, but the Colts only have two blocks in that equation.  Two guards and a right tackle still need to be established.

If I am the GM, I am doing WHATEVER I can to insert three more quality OL building blocks, by any and all means possible.

I hope your right....even when he has played I haven't been impressed. He has trouble in run blocking and is decent in pass protection. I just expect more from a player drafted so highly. Don't get me wrong I generally don't put Center as the key building piece on the OL to start with...but that is what we did instead of going out and getting a tackle that high. I hope he can be that building piece but even the guys that have stepped in for him haven't been that big of drop offs. I'm not saying he is a bad player...just when you spend high first rd pick on a guy I like to see a big difference from when he is in to when he is out.

9 hours ago, dgambill said:

he was one of only 11 rookies to start every game last year, and he didnt allow a sack

this year, he was nothing special and couldn't stay on the field though 

10 hours ago, aaron11 said:

he was one of only 11 rookies to start every game last year, and he didnt allow a sack

this year, he was nothing special and couldn't stay on the field though 

Yeah I think his pass protection has been pretty good...(though I would think most Centers would have the least sacks given up on their team seeing as they have typically a nose tackle lined up or no one at all and they help double a lot (not always I understand depending on the alignment)...but the run blocking has been somewhat disappointing. I fully understand its a team effort but I just haven't noticed much difference on the OL when he is in...to from when he is sitting as a whole. There have been some bad games from our backups for sure but overall some have stepped in and not had a huge drop off.

10 hours ago, DrColtsFan said:

I just asked Siri on my phone how many Colts players are on injured reserve. She read the list of names and the list of questionables for this week’s game. Then she said “maybe they should be more careful!”  Even Siri knows this is ridiculous. 

Bahahaha

On 12/18/2017 at 4:22 PM, Nesjan3 said:

Kelly is really dissapointing, i was hoping he would be our center of the future, but seems to spend most of his time on the injured list

I think he’s fine he’s had a rough year so far and I think that’s why he’s on ir. Let him rest for the season and get his legs back and he’ll come back 100% next year

7 minutes ago, gacoop1 said:

I've never seen a center that's been on IR longer than he's played.  Do we have a total bust here?  Another one of Grigson's scriew up.

Huh?     He started and played all 16 games his rookie year.

Started three straight seasons at Alabama and never missed a game.    Not sure he missed so much as a single snap.

He's been hurt most of this year with a broken foot and concussions among other issues and you're ready to call him a bust?

Follow football much?

On 12/18/2017 at 3:22 PM, Nesjan3 said:

Kelly is really dissapointing, i was hoping he would be our center of the future, but seems to spend most of his time on the injured list

Started all 16 games of his rookie year.      Graded out really well.     Didn't give up a single sack.

Missed most of this year with a broken bone in his foot, concussion among other things...     He's been banged up all year and you're.....      disappointed?

Huh?