Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ryan kelly and jon bostic going to IR

VaAllDay757

Posted December 5

So many guys going on IR. It's all just a ploy to give Chuck the ammo he needs to have Irsay/Ballard give him a pass for this disastrous season. Luck being out wasn't going to cut it, so Chuck is upping the ante...with Swoope, Desir and now Simon all being put on IR.

I fully expect to see Ryan Kelly join them next...and Tolzien to be starting games by Week 15 at the latest.

I was being sarcastic...:thinking:

Just watch...Tolzien will be the starter before the season's end. 

16 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

OH BOY.      I have added Center to the positions of need.

Only reason he is IR'ed is because there are 2 games left, and no playoffs..... why rush back for nothing?  This also gives the front office 2 weeks to evaluate some fringe players off the street to see if they deserve a minicamp invite this spring..... nmothing wrong with being thorough as a priority with this roster, at this point.

45 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Looks like Glowinski was starting for Seattle during camp...

But struggled mightily.

Based on the article below... here he is a perfect fit.

Seahawks reportedly demote RG Mark Glowinski from starting lineup

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/9/24/16357260/seahawks-reportedly-demote-rg-mark-glowinski-from-starting-lineup

We are just trying to fill starting spots for the final two games then the roster likely gets overhauled again.

1 hour ago, shastamasta said:

Posted December 5

So many guys going on IR. It's all just a ploy to give Chuck the ammo he needs to have Irsay/Ballard give him a pass for this disastrous season. Luck being out wasn't going to cut it, so Chuck is upping the ante...with Swoope, Desir and now Simon all being put on IR.

I fully expect to see Ryan Kelly join them next...and Tolzien to be starting games by Week 15 at the latest.

I was being sarcastic...:thinking:

Just watch...Tolzien will be the starter before the season's end. 

I really think these are Ballard's moves not Chucks.  Maybe he's going for the No.2 pick and giving himself more ammo to give Chuck another year.  No, he couldn't be thinking that way could he? 

1 hour ago, WoolMagnet said:

At least we are leading the league in SOMETHING !

it appears we have 17 on the IR. Washington has about 20 and SF has nearly 2, NE has 14

There are a lot of team with more than 12 too 

its bad league wide except with a few rare occasions 

7 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I really think these are Ballard's moves not Chucks.  Maybe he's going for the No.2 pick and giving himself more ammo to give Chuck another year.  No, he couldn't be thinking that way could he? 

If true then Ballard should also be fired 

5 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Kelly is really dissapointing, i was hoping he would be our center of the future, but seems to spend most of his time on the injured list

He is our future center. He missed no games last season and now 9 this season with a broken foot and a concussion.

37 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

it appears we have 17 on the IR. Washington has about 20 and SF has nearly 2, NE has 14

There are a lot of team with more than 12 too 

its bad league wide except with a few rare occasions 

That list only includes the players CURRENTLY on our IR. It does not include any of the players we have waived with injury settlements. Looking at our transaction list, we have sent a whopping 34 players to IR this year.  Admittedly, the same could be happening with these other teams as well, keeping their numbers down, I dont really have the time to sift through every teams transactions pages. But it does seem like we have waived a higher than usual number off of our IR list.

3 hours ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

That list only includes the players CURRENTLY on our IR. It does not include any of the players we have waived with injury settlements. Looking at our transaction list, we have sent a whopping 34 players to IR this year.  Admittedly, the same could be happening with these other teams as well, keeping their numbers down, I dont really have the time to sift through every teams transactions pages. But it does seem like we have waived a higher than usual number off of our IR list.

Good point brother I had not took that into account