Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which Potential FA WR do you want to pair with TY?

Which WR would you like this offseason to pair with TY?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Which potential FA would you like to pair with TY?

• Davante Adams
    • Jarvis Landry
    • Martevious Bryant
    • Sammy Watkins
    • Terelle Pryor
    • Marquise Lee
    • Allen Robinson
    • John Brown
    • Tyler Gabriel
    • Donte Moncrief

On 12/22/2017 at 12:43 PM, Valpo2004 said:

I don't think that is entirely true.  While if someone offers him the far and away most money, do you think he would go to a place where he's not the #1 guy for a couple of million dollars?

A player has to worry about their image, and if he projects the image of being a #2 he hurts himself in any future contracts he might try to negotiate.  

I don’t think he is considered the #1 wr in Miami. He isn’t the first option on a majority of their plays. Most slot receivers aren’t. All that matters is he will start and be on the field and a major target each and every play just like he is in Miami. He would play the same position he plays now...get paid big money and hopefully catch 100 balls. TY is just essentially a better Davonte Parker/Kenny stills. Jarvis would still get 8-10 targets a game here. I don’t get the #1 wr thing. 

39 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

I’d like to pair a bigger receiver with TY. Josh Gordon or Robinson preferably, and Gordon shouldn’t break bank. Landry would be great too but I think we need a bigger receiver

I really don't see any way Gordon hits the open market. He's an ERFA, so if the Browns want him back they can tender him and he doesn't have the option to go anywhere next year. And there's no reason for the Browns to not do that. Their WR corps is awful, and he's clearly the best WR they have, so I'd imagine they'll jump on the chance to bring him back on the cheap.

Robinson, assuming he is healthy, would be the best #2 to pair with TY.  Would not command money close to Landry and also is a true #2.  Landry is a slot WR that would be great for us but we would need to resign Moncrief still for the big red zone threat and outside presence.  

I want NO PART of Gordon or Bryant.      Million dollar talent.    Ten cent heads.      No thanks.

I'd be good with Landry or Robinson or Thomas.....    but they will be pricey.     And I'm OK with pricey but only up to a certain point.      At some point,  they could become too pricey and then....   well...    maybe not.

We ARE going to need several WRs to add....     and I'd be OK with bringing back Moncrief on a 1-year deal.

Watkins has Million dollar talent,  but can't stay healthy for very long,  so I'd be skeptical.    Buyer beware.

There are other interesting names,   not as big,  that are available....   and we can discuss them as we get closer to the FA window in mid-March.....

On 12/24/2017 at 9:08 AM, dgambill said:

This is a free agent thread not a trade thread....unless you know something I don’t (if do please share) but he is locked up for a couple more years.

The word is Elway tried to shop DT at the trade deadline. Since he couldn't get the trade done and since DT is 30 years old, he might be let go. But yes, that is still hypothetical right now till it happens. :) 

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

The word is Elway tried to shop DT at the trade deadline. Since he couldn't get the trade done and since DT is 30 years old, he might be let go. But yes, that is still hypothetical right now till it happens. :) 

Gotcha...hadn’t heard that. I think I would rather land a younger free agent. I don’t want to give up draft picks for him. Besides he drops too many passes and doesn’t get enough seperation. Robinson or Landry are very good options.

1 minute ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Scratch Davante Adams off the list. Re-signed by Green Bay.

I don't know what I thought the market would be for these guys, but Davante just set it.

Offering $14-15M+ to Landry/Robinson really makes me think twice. That's almost $30M in salary to your top 2 options.

5 minutes ago, BCoop said:

I don't know what I thought the market would be for these guys, but Davante just set it.

Offering $14-15M+ to Landry/Robinson really makes me think twice. That's almost $30M in salary to your top 2 options.

With Robinson coming off an ACL tear maybe he takes a one year deal to prove himself similar to Alshon Jefferey this year? Who knows but yeah if you want a top FA WR, it's gonna cost a bunch.

On 12/27/2017 at 10:46 AM, DaColts85 said:

Robinson, assuming he is healthy, would be the best #2 to pair with TY.  Would not command money close to Landry and also is a true #2.  Landry is a slot WR that would be great for us but we would need to resign Moncrief still for the big red zone threat and outside presence.  

Robinson is a #1

On 12/21/2017 at 8:03 AM, stitches said:

Josh Gordon would be amazing with Luck... if only you had any trust in him staying clean. I don't particularly trust him with that. 

Based on his recent rehab experience from the video that was put out about him, I actually have faith in him. The things he said and the way he talked about his addiction makes me think he's actively working his program and is in a good place. Of course there's always a chance he relapses, but as long as his contract is right, is give him a shot. He already showed that he still has it with Kizer as his QB. The only issue being whether or not they let him hit the market and if not, what round tender they offer him.

19 hours ago, Boiler_Colt said:

With Robinson coming off an ACL tear maybe he takes a one year deal to prove himself similar to Alshon Jefferey this year? Who knows but yeah if you want a top FA WR, it's gonna cost a bunch.

I think that would be the most likely case. An ACL tear for a skill position can be a much harder rehab process, mainly the mental aspect of planting and cutting, and most teams would rather offer him a prove it deal to see if he is back to form or not.

Personally, I would go after Allen Robinson or Sammy Watkins (as long as the contract is right, with his propensity for injuries).

I'd want no part of Bryant. He's one failed drug test away from an indefinite suspension and seems to be a bit of a locker room cancer.

Landry also worries me because of his domestic violence issue, despite the charges being dropped. It wasn't a huge issue, but still raises a red flag to me that he thought it was ok to push his baby's mother back into her car.

I also wouldn't mind Pryor on a decent contract. He showed that he could ball with terrible QB's in Cleveland, despite the down year in Washington.

The small guys like Lee, Brown, and Gabriel are definitely good WRs, but would be a bit redundant with TY and Rogers already on the team.

Like someone else mentioned previously, I'd also like Richardson. He's shown a lot of growth and looks to be an ascending talent.

On 12/30/2017 at 11:10 AM, Shive said:

Personally, I would go after Allen Robinson or Sammy Watkins (as long as the contract is right, with his propensity for injuries).

I'd want no part of Bryant. He's one failed drug test away from an indefinite suspension and seems to be a bit of a locker room cancer.

Landry also worries me because of his domestic violence issue, despite the charges being dropped. It wasn't a huge issue, but still raises a red flag to me that he thought it was ok to push his baby's mother back into her car.

I also wouldn't mind Pryor on a decent contract. He showed that he could ball with terrible QB's in Cleveland, despite the down year in Washington.

The small guys like Lee, Brown, and Gabriel are definitely good WRs, but would be a bit redundant with TY and Rogers already on the team.

Like someone else mentioned previously, I'd also like Richardson. He's shown a lot of growth and looks to be an ascending talent.

Excellently analyses. With the way Cole has stepped up in Jacksonville it might make Robinson expendable. I’d like to see how he would fare here. I must admit I like Landry who just battles on the field. He gets tough yards...makes tons of catches and is still a redzone target despite his size. I think he and Lee are probably the two most refined route runners of the bunch. We haven’t had that slot receiver you could count on to move the chains since Reggie left(he would often line up everywhere).

On 12/27/2017 at 9:29 PM, NewColtsFan said:

I want NO PART of Gordon or Bryant.      Million dollar talent.    Ten cent heads.      No thanks.

I'd be good with Landry or Robinson or Thomas.....    but they will be pricey.     And I'm OK with pricey but only up to a certain point.      At some point,  they could become too pricey and then....   well...    maybe not.

We ARE going to need several WRs to add....     and I'd be OK with bringing back Moncrief on a 1-year deal.

Watkins has Million dollar talent,  but can't stay healthy for very long,  so I'd be skeptical.    Buyer beware.

There are other interesting names,   not as big,  that are available....   and we can discuss them as we get closer to the FA window in mid-March.....

I'd take Gordon on a no guaranteed money deal.  I wouldn't want to count on him or anything but a deal that allows us to just dump him when he screws up and gets himself permanently suspended.  

To be honest I think wherever he goes he's not going to be able to get much if any guaranteed money.  Might have to sign a prove it deal just to prove that he can go without smoking weed.  

On 12/20/2017 at 2:57 PM, MasterCrief said:

As an Iowan, I've watched a lot of Allen Lazard from Iowa State, and I think he's a perfect fit as a developmental mid round pick. He's built a bit like Mike Evans, and he's a really good red zone threat. Put him in a WR corps with Hilton, Landry/Robinson/Watkins, and Rogers and I think you've got a really good group of guys that complement each other really well.

He destroyed Memphis in the Liberty Bowl...and he did it with a bum wheel. I watched that game to check out Anthony Miller...but Lazard showed up.

hopefully not too off topic but I think adding Christian Kirk to the current crew would add a lot of value and give us another big play target of Hilton gets hurt or if you want to move him for other pieces or picks. He's physical and is a matchup nightmare.