Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Per Rotoworld...expect house cleaning at end of season

PeterBowman

(Snipped content)

I Why do you feel the need to insult the owner of the Colts?   Does it make you think you are better than him or something?  Or is it easy for you to insult someone who you know won't respond to your asinine comments?

Edited by ColtsBlueFL
Remove personal shot at Irsay

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, zibby43 said:

He's considered one of the best special teams minds in the game.

Elite ST coaches have a tendency of panning out well in the NFL.  Best example is Bill Belichick (for Parcells). 

Second best example is John Harbaugh.  Third best example is Jim Harbaugh.

I'm intrigued by Toub.  If he can bring in innovative offensive and defensive coordinators, while keeping the Colts' current ST coach, Tom McMahon, I would be all for it.

I don't think you can use JIM Harbaugh as an example.     His background for success comes from being a quarterback, not a ST coach.

I couldn't even tell you where and when he coached ST's.     I think it's irrelevant to his success.

So there are really two people.    Not enough in the history of the NFL to mean much to anyone.    And most people credit BB's success as a DC for his success as a pro coach...   so I personally wouldn't give him much credit either..   but I suppose reasonable people could disagree on this one...   

10 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Why do you feel the need to insult the owner of the Colts?   Does it make you think you are better than him or something?  Or is it easy for you to insult someone who you know won't respond to your asinine comments?

QFT. Don’t judge someone because they sin differently than you. It took this being said to me once. Then I woke up to the fact we all have our personal crosses to bear. Glass houses and all. JMO

I brought up Toub to a friend of mine tonight. He follows Football pretty well, not what I would call a Football junky but he is knowledgeable. He cringed when I brought up Toub as he told me he knew that rumor. He works at Fed Ex and talks to 1000's of people a day and he told me most will not be happy if we hire him. Don't know how much stock to put on that but many of the people he talks too has season tickets. The friend I talked to sees 1000's of people a day and he told me most people want Jim Harbaugh, Bill Cowher, John Gruden, Josh McDaniels, or even Peyton to be HeadCoach. He talks to 1000's people daily that comes through his work because he's a dispatcher.

12 minutes ago, GoColtsWin said:

QFT. Don’t judge someone because they sin differently than you. It took this being said to me once. Then I woke up to the fact we all have our personal crosses to bear. Glass houses and all. JMO

And just what does that have to do with Irsay. I am pretty sure something said to you was by a person who knew you. This was said as an insult. Big difference.

32 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

And just what does that have to do with Irsay. I am pretty sure something said to you was by a person who knew you. This was said as an insult. Big difference.

Seriously?  Everyone of your * post is antagonistic toward someone.   *   D U D E!!!!

Leave people alone!!!!!!       :facepalm:   

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I brought up Toub to a friend of mine tonight. He follows Football pretty well, not what I would call a Football junky but he is knowledgeable. He cringed when I brought up Toub as he told me he knew that rumor. He works at Fed Ex and talks to 1000's of people a day and he told me most will not be happy if we hire him. Don't know how much stock to put on that but many of the people he talks too has season tickets. The friend I talked to sees 1000's of people a day and he told me most people want Jim Harbaugh, Bill Cowher, John Gruden, Josh McDaniels, or even Peyton to be HeadCoach. He talks to 1000's people daily that comes through his work because he's a dispatcher.

Could that be because 95% of those people listen to the media? :D

5 hours ago, zibby43 said:

He's considered one of the best special teams minds in the game.

Elite ST coaches have a tendency of panning out well in the NFL.  Best example is Bill Belichick (for Parcells). 

Second best example is John Harbaugh.  Third best example is Jim Harbaugh.

I'm intrigued by Toub.  If he can bring in innovative offensive and defensive coordinators, while keeping the Colts' current ST coach, Tom McMahon, I would be all for it.

Bill Belichick hasn’t been a LIFETIME special teams coach like Toub has been...  He progressed to Linebackers coach & then defensive coordinator then a head coach.  When is Toub gonna progress to being anything other than a specials teams coach?  Why does he get to make the jump all the way to head coach?  That’s a major leap of faith to take after the Grigson/Pagano debacle...

People hate on McDaniels but the guy has earned another shot as a head coach.  He’s progressed from QB Coach, to Offensive coordinator, to Head Coach.  Like Belichick, he failed in his first HC attempt & had to work his way back up through the ranks.  Now he’s back as OC & ready for a 2nd opportunity like Bill got with the Patriots.

I can’t for the life of me understand why people don’t want the winningest QB Coach/OC to come in here and work closely with our once in a generation QB (Andrew Luck)???  This is a guy that can teach Luck some of the GOAT’s (I hate to say that) secrets & habits and I believe, because of his pedigree, Luck would trust him.  Get him & a guy like Greg Schiano in here to run the defense & we’ll be competing for the division & conference next year.  I truly believe that.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

FWIW, I find this as much of a shock as what Volin reported.

22 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Bill Belichick hasn’t been a LIFETIME special teams coach like Toub has been...  He progressed to Linebackers coach & then defensive coordinator then a head coach.  When is Toub gonna progress to being anything other than a specials teams coach?  Why does he get to make the jump all the way to head coach?  That’s a major leap of faith to take after the Grigson/Pagano debacle...

People hate on McDaniels but the guy has earned another shot as a head coach.  He’s progressed from QB Coach, to Offensive coordinator, to Head Coach.  Like Belichick, he failed in his first HC attempt & had to work his way back up through the ranks.  Now he’s back as OC & ready for a 2nd opportunity like Bill got with the Patriots.

I can’t for the life of me understand why people don’t want the winningest QB Coach/OC to come in here and work closely with our once in a generation QB (Andrew Luck)???  This is a guy that can teach Luck some of the GOAT’s (I hate to say that) secrets & habits and I believe, because of his pedigree, Luck would trust him.  Get him & a guy like Greg Schiano in here to run the defense & we’ll be competing for the division & conference next year.  I truly believe that.

It's more about the bad history of ex Patriot coaches who have left the Patriots and have never lived up to the hype.

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Well that settles it then, he works for FedEx and talks to 1000s of people who dont know what they are talking about either. 

The greeter at Walmart said we should keep Pagano and the greeter talks to 1500 people so i guess he knows more than the FedEx guy.

call Irsay, maybe he can fire Ballard this week and hire one our "friends" as GM so we hire a "real"  and acceptable coach to the fanbase.

after all, its much better to talk to 1000s of fans like us than to actually  work in the league and truly understand what they are doing or talking about.  At least he's not a UPS guy, they dont talk to nearly as many people.

the best cure for unhappy fans is winning.  And i'll put my money on Ballard, not "some guy" who's a package pusher.  Sheesh

2 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Well that settles it then, he works for FedEx and talks to 1000s of people who dont know what they are talking about either. 

The greeter at Walmart said we should keep Pagano and the greeter talks to 1500 people so i guess he knows more than the FedEx guy.

call Irsay, maybe he can fire Ballard this week and hire one our "friends" as GM so we hire a "real"  and acceptable coach to the fanbase.

after all, its much better to talk to 1000s of fans like us than to actually  work in the league and truly understand what they are doing or talking about.  At least he's not a UPS guy, they dont talk to nearly as many people.

the best cure for unhappy fans is winning.  And i'll put my money on Ballard, not "some guy" who's a package pusher.  Sheesh

Only reason why I posted that is, I wanted to give this forum a feeling on how 1000's of people feel around Indy. I honestly could give a rats booty how anyone feels anymore because many think Luck is done. That to me is pure stupidity. When Luck starts next September I cant wait and see how those people feel that say he is done.

32 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Only reason why I posted that is, I wanted to give this forum a feeling on how 1000's of people feel around Indy. I honestly could give a rats booty how anyone feels anymore because many think Luck is done. That to me is pure stupidity. When Luck starts next September I cant wait and see how those people feel that say he is done.

haha

i know, i think its hilarious how we fans sometimes think we know more than owners, GMs, and coaches.

i dont know who i would want as coach, OC, etc. there are pluses and minuses for most.  I have been impressed with what Ballard has done so far.  The fact that these players have stuck together and fought , imo, shows the culture post-grigs is changing.  It will be very interesting to see just what happens after the season.  These 1000s of "fans" (if we can call them that) that will stop watching the Colts are  the same ones who jumped on the wagon when Peyton came on board and will be the first ones begging to get back in in a year or two.  Good riddance, and we should direct them to the Jags forum since that is the flavor of the day.  These "fans" obviously werent around in the lean years pre-Manning.

this year has been disappointing but its still better than being a fan of any of the other 31 teams, imo.

17 minutes ago, Dark Superman said:

Jim needs to step down as Owner already..

Maybe u should step down as a Colt fan.

Jim is the biggest Colt fan of us all.  Thank god he doesn't give up on this team like so many of you have. I, personally, dont want anyone else as owner.  Its funny how quickly people forget our recent success of more than a decade. 

14 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

haha

i know, i think its hilarious how we fans sometimes think we know more than owners, GMs, and coaches.

i dont know who i would want as coach, OC, etc. there are pluses and minuses for most.  I have been impressed with what Ballard has done so far.  The fact that these players have stuck together and fought , imo, shows the culture post-grigs is changing.  It will be very interesting to see just what happens after the season.  These 1000s of "fans" (if we can call them that) that will stop watching the Colts are  the same ones who jumped on the wagon when Peyton came on board and will be the first ones begging to get back in in a year or two.  Good riddance, and we should direct them to the Jags forum since that is the flavor of the day.  These "fans" obviously werent around in the lean years pre-Manning.

this year has been disappointing but its still better than being a fan of any of the other 31 teams, imo.

Oh yeah when Luck comes back next year with a better team and Coach, we will be saying Jacksonville who? We will be back next season and ready to roll with #12 and a better line.

5 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

First off, where did I hate on McDaniels?

I'm actually positive I endorsed him in another post, citing how Belichick (Browns) and Carroll (Jets, Patriots) didn't have great first head coaching outings.  Guys get experience and oftentimes come back much better as a result.

Second, you didn't address my other example, John.

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't think you can use JIM Harbaugh as an example.     His background for success comes from being a quarterback, not a ST coach.

I couldn't even tell you where and when he coached ST's.     I think it's irrelevant to his success.

So there are really two people.    Not enough in the history of the NFL to mean much to anyone.    And most people credit BB's success as a DC for his success as a pro coach...   so I personally wouldn't give him much credit either..   but I suppose reasonable people could disagree on this one...   

Long time ago re: Jim.

And to your point about "two people," there are far more than 2 guys, in the long history of the NFL, and even in the recent history of the NFL, that progressed from ST to Head Coach.  Same with the college ranks.

I was just trying to use a few examples that included big-time names that everyone is very familiar with, if that makes sense.

37 minutes ago, Dark Superman said:

Jim needs to step down as Owner already..

If you feel so strongly about it, you should just dig into your vast financial resources and make him an offer. I think you'll have to come up with more than some loose change and pocket lint, however.  

I'm not saying I don't believe it, but claiming we're going to clean house with players... We've already done that. Ballard has turned over more than 50% of the roster since he's been here. The ones that he has kept are ones that we can't get rid of because we don't have any better options. 

Which has been one of my main concerns with Ballard thus far. He's already mulliganed a lot of his own acquisitions. And now he's going to clean house again after a 50% roster turnover? 

It's not a good look. 

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Is your friend bill tobins neighbor, the mailman? 

1 hour ago, John Waylon said:

I'm not saying I don't believe it, but claiming we're going to clean house with players... We've already done that. Ballard has turned over more than 50% of the roster since he's been here. The ones that he has kept are ones that we can't get rid of because we don't have any better options. 

Which has been one of my main concerns with Ballard thus far. He's already mulliganed a lot of his own acquisitions. And now he's going to clean house again after a 50% roster turnover? 

It's not a good look. 

That article is old, they just updated it some and put yesterdays date on it.   Volin had released that earlier on this year.   I remember reading it around the first Jags game of the year.

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep, definitely should not hire Toub just based on your friend's belief and all the "1000's" he talks to everyday.

Dear God...

20 hours ago, aaron11 said:

he could have made it a year ago.  ballard himself said he likes toub, while irsay has said he likes big names with experience.  polian says the same

When? When did Ballard himself say that he liked toub? 

3 hours ago, zibby43 said:

Long time ago re: Jim.

And to your point about "two people," there are far more than 2 guys, in the long history of the NFL, and even in the recent history of the NFL, that progressed from ST to Head Coach.  Same with the college ranks.

I was just trying to use a few examples that included big-time names that everyone is very familiar with, if that makes sense.

How many of those guys progressed from ST coach directly to HC? John Harbaugh is the only one I can think of. Most others spent Tim me as position coaches and coordinator before moving on to HC and that's what gives a lot of people pause about toub. 

56 minutes ago, J@son said:

When? When did Ballard himself say that he liked toub? 

he didnt, at least not to the general public

if you think about it he cant really say that while chuck is still the coach too.  it came from "reports" by people who talked to him in KC.  the same reports said toub has already interviewed for head coaching jobs, but it didnt say where 

its up to you if you want to believe that, personally i do, but that does not mean he will be our next coach 

3 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

he didnt, at least not to the general public

right.  so you should be careful how you word things ;)

if you think about it he cant really say that while chuck is still the coach too.  it came from "reports" by people who talked to him in KC.  the same reports said toub has already interviewed for head coaching jobs, but it didnt say where 

Well as you said, it's an individual choice whether or not to believe those rumors.  Personally I don't and here's why.  The report came out after Ballard's first interview but before the 2nd.  It was "reported" that Ballard liked Irsay and wanted the job but only if he could bring Toub as his HC.  There are multiple problems I have with that.  First, Ballard is a guy that has preached competition from day 1.  I don't believe for a second that he had Toub already determined to be his HC replacement.  I believe that Ballard would have wanted to do a very thorough search interviewing as many candidates as possible.  Another reason I don't believe the rumor is that the very next day Ballard accepted the job even with Pagano being the coach in 2017.  The report you're referring to said he would not do that.  

I have no problem believing that Ballard wanted to replace Pagano when coming here, but I don't think for a second that he already knew that Toub was "his guy".  

Just now, J@son said:

right.  so you should be careful how you word things ;)

Well as you said, it's an individual choice whether or not to believe those rumors.  Personally I don't and here's why.  The report came out after Ballard's first interview but before the 2nd.  It was "reported" that Ballard liked Irsay and wanted the job but only if he could bring Toub as his HC.  There are multiple problems I have with that.  First, Ballard is a guy that has preached competition from day 1.  I don't believe for a second that he had Toub already determined to be his HC replacement.  I believe that Ballard would have wanted to do a very thorough search interviewing as many candidates as possible.  Another reason I don't believe the rumor is that the very next day Ballard accepted the job even with Pagano being the coach in 2017.  The report you're referring to said he would not do that.  

I have no problem believing that Ballard wanted to replace Pagano when coming here, but I don't think for a second that he already knew that Toub was "his guy".  

so you dont think he said it?

12 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

It’s fairly self explanatory. The point must have been lost on you in your keyboard rage. 

12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I haven't read the entire thread , you may have done so. 

Anyway , I've heard here and there that Matt Nagy is the "gem" of that coaching staff. He's 39 and was recently promoted to OC. Someone quoted Andy Reid saying he's the best HC prospect he's ever had working for him. 

Has he been mentioned in this thread ?