Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mike Wallace Openly Flirting With 49Ers, Patriots

chad72

would be a HUGE pick up for the Pats but I dont know how much cap space they have

It would be. Apparently they are interested in going after Mario Williams too should the Texans let him go (which ive been hearing on sirius is a good chance).

It would be. Apparently they are interested in going after Mario Williams too should the Texans let him go (which ive been hearing on sirius is a good chance).

Mario and Wilfolk on the same line That be a scary good d line right there, add in Carter or Anderson and we go from a bad pass rushing team to a top(?) pass rush.

As for Wallace IMO he cost to much to get and better UFA out there.

WHY DOES EVERYONE WANT TO GO TO THE PATS!!!!!!!!

Sorry I needed to get that out of my system. It's so frustrating that everyone wants to go there.

Isn't he a restriced free agent anyway? Not sure what that means but I thought it meant he can't just go anywhere.

Why?

5 SB appearances in 11 years.. EVERYONE wants a chance to win a ring, And players LOVE playing for BB.

and RFA can go anywhere they like their current team just gets the ability to match any offer and if they dont they get a certain draft pick. (ex. Wallace they put a 1st round tender on so a team would lose their 1st round pick.)

Why? Because they have Brady and an elite O. When Brady's gone, they aren't gonna be that attractive, but until then they'll always be able to get some nice pieces.

I disagree the Pats will be competitive and attractive to FA till BB retires. Brady is a HOFer but so is BB and he has done amazing things with a team whose D has been in flux for 2 years.

I disagree the Pats will be competitive and attractive to FA till BB retires. Brady is a HOFer but so is BB and he has done amazing things with a team whose D has been in flux for 2 years.

I didn't write that they wouldn't be competitive. Sure they'll still be. I just don't think they'll be that attractive when he's gone. That's not a knock on BB or anything. But when that time comes, I think teams like Green Bay with Aaron Rodgers, Lions with Stafford or any other team with a top QB will be more attractive.

Peytonator,

The Pats are roughly 24 million under the cap (I have read this) and the only MAJOR FA they have is Welker. So after signing him say they have 15 million (assuming the franchise tag). So they have room add a few good players.

Frejsgod,

I think we will disagree I think players go to where they feel they will win. BB alone will make people feel that way. ASSUMIONG he doesnt retire when Brady does lol

Peytonator,

The Pats are roughly 24 million under the cap (I have read this) and the only MAJOR FA they have is Welker. So after signing him say they have 15 million (assuming the franchise tag). So they have room add a few good players.

Frejsgod,

I think we will disagree I think players go to where they feel they will win. BB alone will make people feel that way. ASSUMING he doesnt retire when Brady does lol

Why do these reporters keep asking if they're interested in the Patriots? Didn't they do this with Reggie? Just once I'd like to see a reporter ask a FA if they're interested in signing with the Giants!

Well this year the Giants only have 1 million in cap space, per their message board so that MAY be why they didnt ask that lol

Frejsgod,

I think we will disagree I think players go to where they feel they will win. BB alone will make people feel that way. ASSUMIONG he doesnt retire when Brady does lol

This is exactly my point. When that time comes other teams will be in a better position to win compared to NE, because they'll have a better QB. BB is going to make them attractive, yes.. but a NE team with, let's say Ryan Mallett as a starter wouldn't be nearly as attractive as Green Bay with Rodgers or any team with a similar situation. A great QB and good coach trumps a good (certainly an unproven one) and a great coach.

Unless Mallett suddenly goes all Brady and win Super Bowls in his first seasons. But yeah, let's just agree to disagree.

Well, I hope BB doesn't retire when Brady retires, and I don't think he will. He loves a challenge.

Mario and Wilfolk on the same line That be a scary good d line right there, add in Carter or Anderson and we go from a bad pass rushing team to a top(?) pass rush.

As for Wallace IMO he cost to much to get and better UFA out there.

I told my friend (Steelers fan) I might not watch any non-colts games next season if you guys get Wallace and Mario... haha. They would be scary good like in 2007.

Hey, keep chillin'. You know who we are? We're associates of your business partner Mike Wallace. You do remember your business partner don't you? Let me take a wild guess here. You're Brett, right?

Nice Pulp Fiction Reference

Nicely done

Thank you, I was hoping someone would point out the nice reference. Great movies should always be recognized!

Nice Pulp Fiction Reference

Thank you, I was hoping someone would point out the nice reference. Great movies should always be recognized!

For some reason (and I don't think it's bad at all), there is a big Pulp Fiction craze going around on the forum. People are using Pulp Fiction screenshots as their avatars and in their signatures and posting quotes and everything. Personally, I love the movie, so I have nothing against it