Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Stupid To Trade For Matt Flynn

BProland85

Now that the Packers have signed Jermichael Finley to a 2 year contract, they can now use the franchise tag on Matt Flynn and tag and trade him if their cap allows for it.

If so, I gotta say that teams would be STUPID to trade for a guy who has not proven anything consistently and only had one great game.

Why keep him? He's ready to move on and franchising a backup is just stupid. Draft a QB in the 4th round this year, and let Flynn be a starter elsewhere. It's just going to cause controversy as they have an elite starter with a good backup. The backup will want playing time. Use the franchise tag on more important players, or don't use it at all.

Now that the Packers have signed Jermichael Finley to a 2 year contract, they can now use the franchise tag on Matt Flynn and tag and trade him if their cap allows for it.

If so, I gotta say that teams would be STUPID to trade for a guy who has not proven anything consistently and only had one great game.

Packers would be stupid to franchise tag a backup QB, to be honest. The safety and LB franchise tag is relatively cheap and they will probably tag safety Jarrett Bush or LB Eric Walden, who was a tackling monster.

Tell that to the Cardinals...personally, I think Flynn is better than Kolb, but that might just be due to the system he was in.

Yeah but that one game he looked almost better than Rodgers. I think he's the real deal. Name another backup QB that can do that. He deserves a starters job. Are we looking at another Jeremy Lin?

I think he did so well because of the talent around him. Rodgers is good but he looks a lot better because the players on offense are really explosive. It's almost like Cassel in the Patriots O. He did well but that was mainly because of they system and having Welker and Moss. He's really nothing special. His one nice year in KC was because of Bowe having a tremendous season and Cassel making safe throughs and never throwing deep really to anyone but Bowe.

He will make more than Rogers!!!! Now someone expain that to stupid, ol' me.