Indianapolis Colts
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Gordon has always been a 3rd day pick and I don't think that has changed.  He may have worked himself into the3rd round. We shall see prep is important no doubt but seeing how uncomfortable Love looked I'm willing to bet his prep week was not as good as some writers tried to make it out to be.
    • Yup. We have good depth at G, but T in general is horrible. I wouldn't say we need to be truly "aggressive" if AC comes back, but we do need to address by the 4th or 5th round. Good depth can be found in the middle rounds as far as AV is concerned. If you look over the past 20ish years, AV is pretty darn good rounds 1-5, and is actually highest in the 2nd round. R4 historically has a tad more AV than 1st. If AC leaves though, need to be very aggressive (FA or draft)
    • I think Luck's situation is very unique. Born to wealth, lived abroad, will inherit a ton, has career options at his fingertips, etc.. He and his future grand-kids are already set for life. Other QBs and other players with worse injury history have remained passionate. Again, he's just a different type of guy/player, and there's nothing wrong with it.    As far as SBs are concerned, sure it's nice to play for one, but 50M is the key ingredient. 
    • I'm not sure why everyone is so obsessed with us taking a QB and trying to figure out how we would get one. I mean I know it's fun in a way to sleuth and conspire, however I'm not sure the Colts are going to take a QB at all. I'm also not sure they are going to grab one in FA either. I mean I could certainly be wrong, however why the need to grab one right now? This team is not ready to compete for a SB right now at all. They WERE ready with Luck as he was the "X" factor, but without Luck, we are not fully ready. So drafting a QB might give the fan base hope and excitement about a future players potential, but does it get us to win right now? I don't think so, as we DO need WR's and interior and exterior rush guys too, as well as O-line if Anthony retires but most assuredly to better ourselves over Glowinski.   What would you rather have? A QB right now that most likely will take time to develop, meaning we won't win many games in 2020, or a chance at maybe a more polished QB like Lawrence in 2021 if the Colts don't win too many games in 2020 with what they have. The alternative is that in 2020 the Colts do get better either with Jacoby or Chad, win games, and we would have pieces we drafted in areas of WR and DT and O-line that actually put us closer to complete team and we all get surprised.    Either way, I'm a Colts fan. I'm just not sold on taking a QB at all this year via draft and only a guy like Mariota if it's FA.    Go Colts!!
    • I looked up what the Chiefs had to pay Buffalo to trade up and grab Mahomes.  The Chiefs traded up from pick 27 in the first round to get pick 10.  They gave up pick 27 and their 3rd round pick that year and also their first round pick the next year.  If that is the price to move up 17 slots, the Colts shouldn't have to mortgage the future to move up in this year's first round. Say Carolina is your trade partner; that would mean the Colts would trade up from 13 to 7. The trade value chart, for what that is worth, says they would be slightly over paying if they traded the 13th and 44th pick for the 7th. I'd do that in a heartbeat if I believed we were looking at our future franchise QB. 
  • Members

• chad72

chad72 10,755

• Fisticuffs111

Fisticuffs111 2,326

• CS Coltsfan

CS Coltsfan 29

• wig

wig 920

• Colts_Fan12

Colts_Fan12 5,555

• ColtsBlueFL